Over policed in St. Lawrence County

May 2, 2013 Full story: North Country Now 182

Do you believe that your friends, neighbors and surrounding community members are all criminals that should be constantly scrutinized by the police? If not, why is it acceptable for there to be a SLC Sheriff between Potsdam and Canton, a US Border Patrol agent in the village of Canton, and three NYS Troopers between the villages of Canton and ... (more)

Full Story
Riparian 2 Riparian Fart

Hammond, NY

#174 May 30, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
The voices
My what a beautiful voice you have
Riparian Fart 2 Riparian

Hammond, NY

#175 May 30, 2013
Riparian 2 Riparian Fart wrote:
<quoted text>
My what a beautiful voice you have
Thank you daddy.:)
retired_lovingit

Ogdensburg, NY

#176 May 30, 2013
Getting a little off topic here, aren't we??? Why don't you privatize your silly play here through personal email and give Topix a break?!!
amen

Danielson, CT

#177 May 30, 2013
retired_lovingit wrote:
Getting a little off topic here, aren't we??? Why don't you privatize your silly play here through personal email and give Topix a break?!!
Amen to that
Riparian

Hammond, NY

#178 Jun 4, 2013
amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that
But who will I slander and try to bully around on here? I am the great Riparian!!!
retired_lovingit

Ogdensburg, NY

#179 Jun 4, 2013
Riparian wrote:
<quoted text>
But who will I slander and try to bully around on here? I am the great Riparian!!!
You are a nitwit humoring yourself on Topix. If you have nothing constructive to say to us, then go away.
Riparian

Hammond, NY

#180 Jun 4, 2013
retired_lovingit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a nitwit humoring yourself on Topix. If you have nothing constructive to say to us, then go away.
no
Riparian

Hammond, NY

#181 Jun 4, 2013
retired_lovingit wrote:
<quoted text>
My answer is still no
Riparian

Hammond, NY

#182 Jun 4, 2013
I am the great Riparian, Topix President with rectal itch.
Justsomeguy

United States

#183 Jun 4, 2013
I lived in a suburb in Syracuse for 7 years, and a police car drove by once. That's all.
I can't believe the amount of LE here in St Law, or their attitudes toward the working class, as they enforce some of NY's Most petty laws. This is the most cheap low class petty society in NY state, I'm here because of family reasons and a job, then I'm outta here! There are more wannabee cops 20 miles off road in the BS tranquility of the "country" than 20 minutes outside a well zoned city in a county (Onandaga) ran by middle class intelligent people. Let me add I'm a tax payer, I am supposed to pay for this Crap? I'm sorry, I demand respect and a decent community, I'm not going to hang around St law co. While these idiots try to figure out how to run things, especially when its everyday business everywhere else!
Riparians Anushole

Hammond, NY

#185 Jun 5, 2013
Justsomeguy wrote:
I lived in a suburb in Syracuse for 7 years, and a police car drove by once. That's all.
I can't believe the amount of LE here in St Law, or their attitudes toward the working class, as they enforce some of NY's Most petty laws. This is the most cheap low class petty society in NY state, I'm here because of family reasons and a job, then I'm outta here! There are more wannabee cops 20 miles off road in the BS tranquility of the "country" than 20 minutes outside a well zoned city in a county (Onandaga) ran by middle class intelligent people. Let me add I'm a tax payer, I am supposed to pay for this Crap? I'm sorry, I demand respect and a decent community, I'm not going to hang around St law co. While these idiots try to figure out how to run things, especially when its everyday business everywhere else!
The one fact many people overlook is that this area is one of the largest drug hubs around...reservation, Border Crossings, bodies of water etc. Also when you look at the the shitbags around here growing and selling, it is a hot spot. St Lawrence county is well known for this. It was voted in the top 5 bu hightimes magazine once... kill the problem at the source. Want less cops, turn in the shit heads growing and selling it...
drt

Watertown, NY

#187 Jun 5, 2013
Justsomeguy wrote:
Then why don't you carry your happy dumb citified ass back to syracuse
roger spencer

Bronx, NY

#188 Jun 5, 2013
Riparians Anushole wrote:
<quoted text>
The one fact many people overlook is that this area is one of the largest drug hubs around...reservation, Border Crossings, bodies of water etc. Also when you look at the the shitbags around here growing and selling, it is a hot spot. St Lawrence county is well known for this. It was voted in the top 5 bu hightimes magazine once... kill the problem at the source. Want less cops, turn in the shit heads growing and selling it...
I don't hear about mant drug bust. If that is why we have so many police. the druggies seem to be well known. Why aren't they in jail.
Riparian

Hammond, NY

#189 Jun 7, 2013
roger spencer wrote:
<quoted text> I don't hear about mant drug bust. If that is why we have so many police. the druggies seem to be well known. Why aren't they in jail.
http://www.newzjunky.com/police/coplog130607s...

Our court system is so poor, most people get off without any penalty unless the crime is severe. Also, people cover up their friends dirty habits. start naming names.
justsomeguy

Potsdam, NY

#191 Jun 12, 2013
drt wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you carry your happy dumb citified ass back to syracuse
Don't worry you uncivilized POS, No Just kidding! WORRY, Over population means the smart people are coming. Its already happening, Your handicap process here in this county is already being sited and put to a hault by the state, as irresponsible. There are to many people who are in charge, simply because they want to be so that they appear to have power. But, they are iresponsible and lack accountablity, there fore they will loose their grip. ALL your leaders lack Class, NONE of them are sophisticated enough to play politics nowadays.
Your living in the past. Smart people are taking over this place! And people like you Hate it, because your fake, you'd probably have an coranary just trying to drive in a suburb to say the least a city, You rely on this 3rd world place to survive. Your not evolved, and your an endangered species, the amount of police is in direct relfection of the amount of superstitious beliefs stemming from policies or the lack there of that are not backed by fact. Superstition is the means by which decisions get made here. There is no regulation, no sophisticated zone requirements, your leaders don't know how to do that for you, and you don't know how to select a leader that's qualified. You've been taught not to. That's why projects around here, roads ect.. Don't get built on time, business fail, unemployment is your reward. When its crunch time minds fall alseep, there isn't enough energy, there is not one project in this area, not one key component of infrastructure that can be succesfully completed by a local force, missionary's have to be sent in to straighten things out! I'm not worried about being wrong you idiots demonstrate your incompetence as often as the rest of NY state demonstrates its intelligence. Enforceing the Law is No difference.
FFFs

Potsdam, NY

#192 Jun 12, 2013
FUN FACT, Law Enforcement has NO legal Obligation to protect you.

Absorb that, take it in, become one with that. Then you will start to understand why the drug dealers and growers are everywhere. Here is an Idea, close them down! If they have no customers they have a worthless comodity.
Oh whoops,
FUN Fact, there's always going to be Stupid People!

So drug dealers will always have customers! What can we
Do!?!

New Concept, if what we are doing isn't working, step aside have humility and ask Someone who is making it work.

Drug dealers rely on customers, customers have commonalities, one big one is they often DON'T WORK.

Absorb that last part, take it in...

People that don't work need Money! From us! Fun FAct,
That means we have power over them!

Now back to fun fact 1, for those of you who forgot- scroll up and re-read it. Then consider since police don't have to protect us, We have to protect us.

Since we have power over the bulk (not all) of the drug dealers customers, then why don't we condense them into a smaller area. If they want money in this county they should have to live somewhere where we will pay the bills.
We probably can't decrease their numbers, but we can control where they will live. Then a smaller number of police can do the job.

Right now these customer type people are spread out on every street, every town, in the whole damn county! Of course the police can't stop them! They are everywhere! Because we let them be. Its no ones fault other than our own, we are loose with our money.
This county can refuse to pay rent in zones it selects. This county can do tax assesments that would further encourage the forementioned.
This county can create an environment where Law Enforcment has a easier time doing its job.
You all are this County
t
juleifpc

Ottawa, Canada

#193 Oct 9, 2013
are the roadblocks still in place as bad as they were this past summer?
foolish romans n migrants

Vernon, NY

#194 Oct 9, 2013
go down to the rome Utica area murder drugs and mulato babies everywhere . the cops keep all that bullshit away
Diparian

Hammond, NY

#195 Oct 10, 2013
foolish romans n migrants wrote:
go down to the rome Utica area murder drugs and mulato babies everywhere . the cops keep all that bullshit away
Innocent people have no worries, i have been through several road blocks and have not had one issue. Scum bags deserve some headaches
Boris

Gouverneur, NY

#196 Oct 10, 2013
juleifpc wrote:
are the roadblocks still in place as bad as they were this past summer?
No, they don't seem to be as prevalent as they once were. Not on the main roads like 11 and 37, at least. I did see them on 310 between Canton and Massena more than once this summer, though, and in other parts of northern St. Lawrence County. Massena seems to have been a major focus for LE this summer. Not really a big surprise, I guess, given the number of drug trafficking arrests in that area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jiu jutsu nation is full of drug users Tue Twins92 4
the pet zone watertown mall (Nov '12) Tue Olivere951 24
Utica joins other Upstate cities struggling to ... Dec 15 Stuttering Utican 6
Matt and Diana Dec 12 Queenie 1
Massenaa s FYE to close; Deb shops files for ba... Dec 12 brushton 123 4
Restaurants open X-mas Day Dec 7 ABC 1
Review: Rooster's Tavern Dec 2 John7655 1
Adams Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web