N.Y. audits cite schools for sloppy b...

N.Y. audits cite schools for sloppy bookkeeping

There are 2 comments on the Ithaca Journal story from Dec 30, 2007, titled N.Y. audits cite schools for sloppy bookkeeping. In it, Ithaca Journal reports that:

“It's imperative that school officials receive the guidance they need to manage and spend tax dollars responsibly.”

ALBANY - Audits of 226 school systems last year found districts commonly made payments to employees that they were not entitled to and did not adequately monitor expenses to ensure they were appropriate, ... via Ithaca Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ithaca Journal.

Mr Steven Airhead

Penfield, NY

#1 Jan 15, 2008
Thank God they didn't audit my school district. We have so very much hidden in our multiphase $59 million dollar Capitol Improvement a real Auditor would have a field day.

I bow to the gods every day beacuse Audit & Control in Albany allows the district to self audit by hiring a cheap accountant.
If the public ever knew what goes on here they would lynch somebody.
Senior

New City, NY

#2 Aug 10, 2010
my district, ne roof on a fallen down storeroom, that house useless junk cost $250,000.00 I wish i had that job could have retired. Everybody on the take in the school system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adams-Basin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin P Clark Jul 29 Inform the people 2
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Jul 25 josephbarkley 20
Daycare abuse? Jul '16 slivnm 2
Zeke's Bottles and Cans Jun '16 Can 2
News D.C.'s Essential Bagels (Feb '16) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 5
News Fired RCSD Administrator Wants Job Back (Feb '13) Sep '13 Stoop It Steal Si... 5
News Memorial Day Parade, Closings (May '13) May '13 Grady Stiles 1

Adams-Basin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Adams-Basin Mortgages