Car buyers standing by GM

General Motors Corporation stock hit its lowest point in more than 75 years on Friday, falling to just $1.27 per share at one point. Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#7376 Feb 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Announced today, that Toyota has had over a million Corollas and Lexus recalled....airbags and wiper system....wiper problems, same as what Jim often suffers from....
Huh?
What is that supposed to mean?

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#7377 Feb 3, 2013
There has been an excellent article floating around that the the "domestic" automakers fate rests with party lines. They sell well in Republican areas and not so much in areas that vote Democratic.

So Ford and Chevy are going down the lines of Harley-Davidson. Their customer base is dying off and they have little or nothing to offer the younger affluent and educated buyer.
Clone

Kansas City, MO

#7378 Feb 3, 2013
1960brookwood wrote:
There has been an excellent article floating around that the the "domestic" automakers fate rests with party lines. They sell well in Republican areas and not so much in areas that vote Democratic.
So Ford and Chevy are going down the lines of Harley-Davidson. Their customer base is dying off and they have little or nothing to offer the younger affluent and educated buyer.
Also, the gravey train times of workers making big bucks is over. Workers are starting at $14 or so an hour....not good wages if trying to raise a family or get ahead. Workers used to have a home near work and a vaction home up north on a lake. Not any more, they will be lucky to get approved to buy a house. Thank God they get huge discounts on the products they build......thank God!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7379 Feb 3, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
What is that supposed to mean?
Skidmarks, eh?.........lol....

Location hidden

#7380 Feb 3, 2013
1960brookwood wrote:
Buick's a big seller in China...who woulda thought they were repukes.....

“Employed taxpayer”

West Olive

#7381 Feb 3, 2013
Or the South Koreans--The folks building the new Buick Encore.

Hey Frank--A Buick built in Korea by non union labor and imported by an "American" company.

Can we buy it or not?

“Employed taxpayer”

West Olive

#7382 Feb 3, 2013
Clone wrote:
<quoted text> Thank God they get huge discounts on the products they build......thank God!
I've purchased over a dozen new GM vehicles using the employee discount.

Traditionally over 30% of domestic sales went to employees or suppliers--between outsourcing and downsizing they have cut their own throats.

Discounts are not nearly as good as they were in the past--the only big ones left are on the dogs you would be a fool to buy.

“Why not”

Since: Feb 09

Mine

#7383 Feb 4, 2013
Tundras Rule Period
Frank

Ashland, OH

#7384 Feb 4, 2013
1960brookwood wrote:
What line did Harley go down? I am very interested to hear your responce.

“Employed taxpayer”

West Olive

#7385 Feb 4, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> What line did Harley go down? I am very interested to hear your responce.
A few quotes from CNN Money:

"But after expanding exuberantly in the last decade, Harley has fallen on hard times. Now it is struggling against a foe that not even cost-cutting nor brand loyalty can overcome: demographics. Its current owners are getting old, and not enough younger ones are coming up behind them."

"the company had forced its Wisconsin labor unions to accept wage and benefit concessions by threatening to move its factories out of the state. New contracts will allow the company to cut 325 employees and convert 150 to 250 other workers to temporary or "casual" status, meaning they have fewer benefits and will work on an "as-needed basis."

Your beloved unions didn't seem to do much for them.

The full details here: http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/17/autos/harley_...

And what about that new Buick built in South Korea--American enough for you--LOL!

Location hidden

#7386 Feb 4, 2013
...AUTO INDUSTRY TRUMPETS BIG SALES IN JANUARY....Ignoring increased tax rates, consumers trudged through winter weather to take advantage of low interest rates and set U.S. sales records....(AP)

“Why not”

Mine

#7387 Feb 5, 2013
Did you know there is more American engineering and parts in my Tundra then your so called American pick-up. Pick one it doesnt matter my Tundra is more American then all the others

Location hidden

#7388 Feb 5, 2013
1960brookwood, here is a fun quest....next time, you are at Meijers or Walmart....find the American flags they sell...and see where they're made....

“Employed taxpayer”

West Olive

#7389 Feb 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
1960brookwood, here is a fun quest....next time, you are at Meijers or Walmart....find the American flags they sell...and see where they're made....
Don't shop WallyWorld--but @ Meijers you can spend a little more and get an Annin made in America.

http://www.meijer.com/s/usa-nylon-flag-3x5-fo...

Major leage baseball starts up in a few months--where are the baseballs for "Americas Pastime" made?

Location hidden

#7390 Feb 5, 2013
1960brookwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't shop WallyWorld--but @ Meijers you can spend a little more and get an Annin made in America.
http://www.meijer.com/s/usa-nylon-flag-3x5-fo...
Major leage baseball starts up in a few months--where are the baseballs for "Americas Pastime" made?
Thought i had seen a show about them, and they were made here....don't tell me?...lol...
Adam and Steve

Kansas City, MO

#7391 Feb 5, 2013
The Volt is 40k and the Prius is 27k. That's why Detroit is a dinosaur and Toyota is king!!!!!

Location hidden

#7392 Feb 5, 2013
Adam and Steve wrote:
The Volt is 40k and the Prius is 27k. That's why Detroit is a dinosaur and Toyota is king!!!!!
Better than the Toyota is the Mitsubishi Ie, electric car, built in Illinois and starting at $21,000.......
Adam and Steve

Kansas City, MO

#7393 Feb 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Better than the Toyota is the Mitsubishi Ie, electric car, built in Illinois and starting at $21,000.......
Nice but, whats a Mitzabushi.....Im talking worldwide here. Your even lucky a Volt was even mentioned.

“Why not”

Mine

#7394 Feb 6, 2013
want to see something funny

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2013/0...

Ford tuff ? Ford idiot maybe Ford broke yup
Frank

Southview, PA

#7395 Feb 9, 2013
1960brookwood wrote:
<quoted text>
A few quotes from CNN Money:
"But after expanding exuberantly in the last decade, Harley has fallen on hard times. Now it is struggling against a foe that not even cost-cutting nor brand loyalty can overcome: demographics. Its current owners are getting old, and not enough younger ones are coming up behind them."
"the company had forced its Wisconsin labor unions to accept wage and benefit concessions by threatening to move its factories out of the state. New contracts will allow the company to cut 325 employees and convert 150 to 250 other workers to temporary or "casual" status, meaning they have fewer benefits and will work on an "as-needed basis."
Your beloved unions didn't seem to do much for them.
The full details here: http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/17/autos/harley_...
And what about that new Buick built in South Korea--American enough for you--LOL!
Harley did do that but its called greed and very poor management and planning. Harleys set up of plants is dumb. They had 2 PTO plants in Wisconsin, alot of the job loss was from when they combined the 2. After engines are assembled they send them to Kansas city Missouri or York Pennsylvania. I am honestly surprises for logistic reasons that the plant in Wisconcon even exist. I work for a supplier and beleive me even when times were really bad Harley was still producing alot of bikes. They are producing alot of bikes to this day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengazi is back 27 min kookierecluse 136
tex-mex visits white house . . . without invita... 4 hr bobolinq 1
Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) 5 hr Amy 96
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) 5 hr Times are a Changing 2,848
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 5 hr Really 64
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 128
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 1,377
•••
•••
Ada Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ada Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ada People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE