Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

The History Channel had big viewership.......

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/05/th...
Ben

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
If you think the movie was good, you should read the book!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think the movie was good, you should read the book!
I have, the Progressive left attacks via judge its and the symbols show they hate facts...... Makes their heads explode to hear the truth and they do not have the ball bearings to come up and disprove facts...... Cowards.....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

oooooooo, the wizards of Judge its have been busy mocking what they don't understand. What a tolerant lot.....
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I have, the Progressive left attacks via judge its and the symbols show they hate facts...... Makes their heads explode to hear the truth and they do not have the ball bearings to come up and disprove facts...... Cowards.....
And just what truths would those be Batch?
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Chelsea, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what truths would those be Batch?
The fact that the History Channel topped the charts in viewers Sunday night beating all others in that time slot...... Over the Bible of all things...... Left has been trying to tear the book apart for years but there is still strong believers that will outlast the Progressives wishes.......
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>The fact that the History Channel topped the charts in viewers Sunday night beating all others in that time slot...... Over the Bible of all things...... Left has been trying to tear the book apart for years but there is still strong believers that will outlast the Progressives wishes.......
So explain how the left has been trying to tear the Bible apart for years.

I would like to see the right understand the spirit of the Bible instead of cherry-picking it to mean what they want it to....the relations to inheritances in the Bible is not [spiritually] about getting rich. As just one example. Is that what you mean about the left trying to tear the Bible apart?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Next month they are doing a special on the Koran.....

Hope you enjoy it!

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

The Bible is a reference book for how to live and not live it is not real, no different than Tom Sawyer or Alice in Wonderland.

There is only one god it ain't Jesus or Alah its just god plain and simple not christian or islam or jewish the sooner you all realize it the better off you will all be.
Really

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see the right understand the spirit of the Bible instead of cherry-picking it to mean what they want it to....the relations to inheritances in the Bible is not [spiritually] about getting rich. As just one example. Is that what you mean about the left trying to tear the Bible apart?
Oh good grief! Is there nothing you will not use to slam the Right? And yes, Batch slammed the Left which he should not have done. Your interpretation of the Bible is different than others, doesn't mean they are wrong or stupid and neither are you. Get over it!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't there a fable in the bible that talked about the rich guy that gave only a farthing, while the poor lady gave hear last nickel? It would indeed seem that a certain so called god fearing member of the 1% likes to cherry pick what he's looking for.......

Which shouldn't be confused with picking cherries which is best done by the lowly zero-sum taxpayers!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
The Bible is a reference book for how to live and not live it is not real, no different than Tom Sawyer or Alice in Wonderland.
There is only one god it ain't Jesus or Alah its just god plain and simple not christian or islam or jewish the sooner you all realize it the better off you will all be.
It's comments like that which will guarantee that you will suffer every one of the 10,000 or so various damnations to an extremely warm afterlife. You'll probably miss out on that herd of virgins too!

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comments like that which will guarantee that you will suffer every one of the 10,000 or so various damnations to an extremely warm afterlife. You'll probably miss out on that herd of virgins too!
I know but that's okay, I may get kicked out of the good graces of some of the folks on here I agree with. I was not indoctrinated by my parents to believe any certain way we never went to church or ever discussed god I never even opened a bible until I was 21. My favorite book in the Bible is ecclesiastes. Now with that said I do believe in a god and angels but it has nothing to do with religion, doctrine, or scary stories of hell and damnation for my sins. And you know the bible is not written very well and there are lots of missing pieces to a very big puzzle. Nope I don't believe jesus is my lord and savior or that allah will give me a lot of vigins. My after life will be much more fun and interesting...
Gomer

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Next month they are doing a special on the Koran.....
Hope you enjoy it!
Thats the point Aye whole. Nobody will watch.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Oh good grief! Is there nothing you will not use to slam the Right? And yes, Batch slammed the Left which he should not have done. Your interpretation of the Bible is different than others, doesn't mean they are wrong or stupid and neither are you. Get over it!
Though you wish to believe it or not because all things are interpretable does not make every interpretation accurate and/or true. The sky is not blue and neither is the water in lakes and oceans. They may appear to be blue but until you want to understand why they appear to be blue it's interpretation they are.

Matthew 13:10  And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11  And he answered and said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Matthew 13:13  Therefore speak I to them in parables; because seeing they see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14  And unto them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall in no wise understand; And seeing ye shall see, and shall in no wise perceive:
15  For this people's heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest haply they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And should turn again, And I should heal them.
16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears, for they hear.
17  For verily I say unto you, that many prophets and righteous men desired to see the things which ye see, and saw them not; and to hear the things which ye hear, and heard them not.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't there a fable in the bible that talked about the rich guy that gave only a farthing, while the poor lady gave hear last nickel? It would indeed seem that a certain so called god fearing member of the 1% likes to cherry pick what he's looking for.......
Which shouldn't be confused with picking cherries which is best done by the lowly zero-sum taxpayers!
Yes.
Luke 21:1  ķAnd he looked up, and saw the rich men that were casting their gifts into the treasury.
2  And he saw a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.
3  And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, This poor widow cast in more than they all:
4  for all these did of their superfluity cast in unto the gifts; but she of her want did cast in all the living that she had.(ASV)

And yes again. It goes to those who bluster about how much more they pay in taxes but in comparison to what they have left to live on it is next to nothing. While those who pay nothing (in Federal Income taxes) still have less to live on than the ones who pay the more. Yet whining about those who pay none in those taxes "don't have any skin in the game".
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
None in these times can ever know if the "stories" in the Bible are of actual occurrence or not. Yet, more and more archeologists and anthropologists are discovering there may be more truth than fiction.

But the point of the Bible should never be taken as a history book of carnal fact. Anyone taking the Bible as an instruction book on how to live life based on actual events is missing the point.
Gomer

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>I know but that's okay, I may get kicked out of the good graces of some of the folks on here I agree with. I was not indoctrinated by my parents to believe any certain way we never went to church or ever discussed god I never even opened a bible until I was 21. My favorite book in the Bible is ecclesiastes. Now with that said I do believe in a god and angels but it has nothing to do with religion, doctrine, or scary stories of hell and damnation for my sins. And you know the bible is not written very well and there are lots of missing pieces to a very big puzzle. Nope I don't believe jesus is my lord and savior or that allah will give me a lot of vigins. My after life will be much more fun and interesting...
"Dust thou art to dust return."
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
None in these times can ever know if the "stories" in the Bible are of actual occurrence or not. Yet, more and more archeologists and anthropologists are discovering there may be more truth than fiction.
But the point of the Bible should never be taken as a history book of carnal fact. Anyone taking the Bible as an instruction book on how to live life based on actual events is missing the point.
Noah's flood story was actually based on a similar flood incident described in the Epic of Gilgamesh, written 600 years earlier.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of319
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ada Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ada People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••