Bartow man shot and killed by Cobb of...

Bartow man shot and killed by Cobb officer

There are 14 comments on the Rome News - Tribune story from Jul 10, 2008, titled Bartow man shot and killed by Cobb officer. In it, Rome News - Tribune reports that:

From Cartersville Daily Tribune News Acworth man shot and killed by Cobb officer A Cobb County Police Department officer shot a Bartow County man Monday after he allegedly reached for a gun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rome News - Tribune.

curious george

Clarkston, GA

#1 Jul 10, 2008
Well I guess Cobb County can do the work that Sheriff Milsap and Bartow County can't do. Way to go Cobb officer. That's the way to handle these people. All Milsap and his boys do is talk sweet to them. That is why Acworth is such a mess. But at least we are close to two civilized counties. Once again thanks Cobb officer for getting rid of one of these fools.
Bartow Dad

Cartersville, GA

#2 Jul 10, 2008
To bad the bullet wasn't aimed at you George. That would make for one less ass in Georgia.
curious george

Clarkston, GA

#3 Jul 10, 2008
Sheriff, shouldn't you be on the lake in Alabama by now?
Eddie

Athens, GA

#4 Jul 11, 2008
This is a good start, but dang, there's lots of men in Bartow County. The police need more bullets.
Stepmom

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2008
I am the stepmom of the young man that got killed by the Cobb Police officer. Well your name says it all. Curious George RIGHT!!!! YOU are Curious menaing you never know the facts. What kind of person are you. Do you have children? I guess if you do they are so perfect. The facits in this story has been so mixed up that NO ONE even knows what happened and you are saying THANKS for getting rid of one less fool. YOU are the FOOL. But in the end I still have to ask GOD to bless you Curious George and I pray your children are perfect as Jesus was.
friend

Acworth, GA

#6 Jul 18, 2008
To those of you saying that its good that my friend was shot in the back and killed shame on you. who are you to talk about or judge a person you didnt even know. He was a wonderful friend, son, brother and father and he had enough respect and compassion that if this would of happened to you he would have never wrote the kind of comments that you have wrote. I feel sorry for you because you have obviously never loved someone and lost them because if you had you would had never left the comment you did.
Heartbroken Mom

United States

#7 Jul 18, 2008
I can't even comment to the ASS at the top of the page Curious George! He was a beautiful kind and loving spirit and you are only saying what you have bacause you have watched to much news, and we all know that they never lie! My son, Justins son can get on here and see what you have written about him, wish people would think about that. Maybe you should also think about the family and friends that are affected in this tragic event as well, George keep your stupid, cold comments to yourself! Justice will be served and then you will eat your words and have to ask for God's forgiveness!
Curious George

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Jul 18, 2008
So this "wonderful man" assaults a hard working police officer along with passing counterfiet bills THEN pulls a gun and you want me to feel bad for him. I feel bad for you for losing him but not for him.
friend

Acworth, GA

#9 Jul 18, 2008
Let me just ask "Do you know Justin"? And if you dont then why would you be talking about him and saying he was a fool? I guess you are getting all your info off of the news well me just tell you somethings you didnt here. Justin had a lot money on him when he was killed that was not counterfeit and were are these suppust to be counterfeit bills he tried to pay with because me nor his family have seen them. He was shot in the back so how could he be trying to pull a gun and where is this gun that no one has seen??? And then after he had fallen to the ground he was shot again and died. Maybe you need to consider those things before thinking the cops are so wonderful!
cops are great

Mcdonough, GA

#10 Sep 12, 2008
Oh yeah, everybody loves it when the cops nail a scumbag! Doesn't matter what kind of guy he was, now he's in hell because he was trying to kill a cop the second he went out.

Too bad.
reportallcops2GA POST

United States

#11 Jul 9, 2009
I hope the family of Justin reports the cop that shot him to the Georgia POST. Oh, and get you a damn good attorney because he was shot in the back and the cop killed him and he should be put on trial for murder. A killer is a killer and that shiney little badge don't make it rite. I hope you get the justice you deserve and I hope the cop that shot this guy see's this young man in his face everyday for the rest of his life.
Acworth Plumber

Atlanta, GA

#12 Aug 24, 2009
I think it's a shame that the man was killed over counterfeit money. After all the economy is so screwed up and most of us white men that are unemployed right now are the hardest hit in all of this. The government prints all they want to with nothing behind it to back it up so why shouldn't we. As for the police that shot that man. The family should retaliate on his sorry punk ass. The police need to concentrate on the illegals and the spades that get handed all of the jobs around here and leave the white man alone. WE have been stripped of everything we fought so hard to have by people that do not care about our country or themselves. "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country" Grab your guns boys lets clean this shit up. I am sorry for the loss of your son and brother and father taken out by some punk who obviously was trigger happy. Grab your guns folks it's time for a revolution in this country!!!!
Puzzled

United States

#13 Aug 25, 2009
AP, your post almost made sense until you got all racist.
11BRAVO

Cedartown, GA

#14 Aug 25, 2009
So he was shot in that back, that means what? This isnt a western. Shooting a suspect in the back is not by itself an illegal act.
Since when does an officer need to wait to be assaulted w/ a weapon, whether implied or presented before he defends himself or a third party?
The Cobb officer did not just randomly shoot the kid, he felt that a threat was presented that required deadly force. Simple.
Oh, and you e-penis measuring turds aint got the nuts to do s**t to an officer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather missing Cartersville woman 1 hr Lifelong resident 1,257
White girls with black guys 3 hr john H 12
Cartersville Topix regular Trolls and Cat women 5 hr Nouse4idiots 6
im tired of black men hitting on me 20 hr Scrumpty 10
Jeanie del vacchio 22 hr I have proof 3
News Cobb County's gang problem and what's being don... (Dec '15) Thu F You 27
Shooting on Whispering Dr. Wed JosherK 1

Acworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance