Report: Three local schools among best in Northeast

Full story: Lowell Sun

Massachusetts is at the head of the class, according to a recent comparison of students' passing rate on a combination of both the MCAS and the National Assessment for Education Progress tests.
Comments
21 - 31 of 31 Comments Last updated Jan 2, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ScrewballS

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

SchoolsFan42 wrote:
Nice article on the 3 local schools that rated among the best in the Northeast!!
Imagine that!! 3 different public schools from 3 different Greater Lowell-area public-school districts!!
With greedy, veteran union teachers who don't care about kids and only about a paycheck!!
I can hardly believe it.
I wonder what Mr. Campanini and The Sun's editorial board think of that!
YEAH I KNOW RIGHT!. Shame on those teachers for wanting to get paid.
ScrewballS

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

AWESOME wrote:
Why wasnt Lowell on that list. My bad I thought it was the highest crime rate Sorry.
AHAAHAHAHahah
ScrewballS

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

yeaaa wrote:
all public schools are a joke. i'd never send my kid to one, the education at a private school is so superior...it's like 2 different worlds.
Ok i definitely agree that all public schools are jokes. But come on! I know 4 people who went to private schools. One from Malden catholic who OD'd and died. One from Austin Prep who lives on the street and begs for money. And two females who went to all female schools one is a prostitute. The other is pretty successful. Although at a party i went to she let 10-15 dudes gang bang her.
Just a note

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

All public schools are a joke? Boston Latin, Brookline High, Newton North... and these are just some local high rollers. Public schools in wealthy, insular communities are better than most private schools in the country.
Joe

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

I know that the decision I made many years ago to send my girls to the MVRCS in Malden was the best thing i could have ever done for them. Its just that much of a better learning enviorment than the publics now a days. If the quality of the teachers ever goes up in the Charters they could put the publics out of business or severly hurt them. There is a reason that the good Charters have a long waiting list and lotteries for spots every year. I love the fact that they can weed out the bad apples and kids that just won't listen or do right over and over.
Interested Observer

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

David Keele, chairman of the Westford School Committee for the past two years, is a graduate of the town's school system and has three children who are currently students. He was excited to get the news about the Blanchard Middle School yesterday.

"We are absolutely privileged to be receiving such an award," he said. "This is a direct result of teamwork between the administration, superintendent's office and teachers combined. Without all three working together, we wouldn't be getting these types of awards."

Didn't David forget the students and their parents? Did these results move them to take corrective action at the other Middle School in town, since it ranked lower?
KCO

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

Had you gone to a public school, you may have learned how to use capitalization and punctuation.
yeaaa wrote:
all public schools are a joke. i'd never send my kid to one, the education at a private school is so superior...it's like 2 different worlds.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

Tim B wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually believe Everett would be in the top 3? Bottom 3 probably.
Yes, definitely bottom 3.
Smoke and Mirrors

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Interested Observer wrote:
David Keele, chairman of the Westford School Committee for the past two years, is a graduate of the town's school system and has three children who are currently students. He was excited to get the news about the Blanchard Middle School yesterday.
"We are absolutely privileged to be receiving such an award," he said. "This is a direct result of teamwork between the administration, superintendent's office and teachers combined. Without all three working together, we wouldn't be getting these types of awards."
Didn't David forget the students and their parents? Did these results move them to take corrective action at the other Middle School in town, since it ranked lower?
You hit the nail right on the head. If this was the result of the superintendent, admin and teachers working together then we wouldn't need the students at all and all of Westford's school would have been honored. The fact is that the admin and the superintendents office love to pat themselves on the back and spin things to make themselves look great. The other middle school in town, Stonybrook, didn't get honored because of the atrocious admin in that school that the Super keeps in place. No changes were made at Stonybrook.
john doe

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

interesting article
re-yeaa

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

yeaaa wrote:
Private schools can kick out the students who are unruly. They don't have to provide accomodations for all types of learners. Public schools have to accept all students and provide accomodations to help all learners.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Acton News Video

•••
•••

Acton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Acton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••