Newsprint to oil paint, his was a lif...

Newsprint to oil paint, his was a life of passion

There are 66 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jul 10, 2010, titled Newsprint to oil paint, his was a life of passion. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A geologist and appraiser for a proposed asphalt plant on Groton Road say the property is worth $46 million to $113 million -- far higher than the original estimate -- which the company insists the town must pay for breaching a contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Recycled Hope

Nahant, MA

#65 Jul 13, 2010
Simple Answer wrote:
Oh, and if the NIMBYS do attempt to crack open their piggy bank and try to appeal, before they even open themselves to deposition, they will first need to prove this little pesky thing called 'standing'. You know, that legal term that got their DEP appeal thrown out of court.
Lol, what about that DEP appeal???? It isnt over yet. Although the Presiding Officer recommended that it be dismissed, NO DECISION HAS YET BEEN HANDED DOWN ON IT. It is now in the Commisioner's hands to review. Again, NO FINAL DECISION has been reached, hence it is still ALIVE AND KICKING.

As usual, ignoring facts and relaying misinformation as if it were fact!!!

BTW, BP also said their studies concluded their operations in the Gulf of Mexico and Prudoe Bay, AK were safe and that the odds of anything happening were close to non-existent. They were SOOOOOO wrong. So much for safety studies of what might happen.
asphalt me

New York, NY

#66 Jul 13, 2010
what about the written bylaws in all the abutting neighbors that purchaced their homes that were on fletchers property.It is written in the deeds about the zoning laws.RT40 coalation lets do a little more homework and leave Newport alone they have gone over and beyind to please all of you and the town board.
Fat Ugly Ogre

Canada

#67 Jul 13, 2010
Recycled Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, what about that DEP appeal???? It isnt over yet. Although the Presiding Officer recommended that it be dismissed, NO DECISION HAS YET BEEN HANDED DOWN ON IT. It is now in the Commisioner's hands to review. Again, NO FINAL DECISION has been reached, hence it is still ALIVE AND KICKING.
As usual, ignoring facts and relaying misinformation as if it were fact!!!
BTW, BP also said their studies concluded their operations in the Gulf of Mexico and Prudoe Bay, AK were safe and that the odds of anything happening were close to non-existent. They were SOOOOOO wrong. So much for safety studies of what might happen.
You tell them!
Fat Ugly Ogre

Canada

#68 Jul 13, 2010
Presiding officer shmoficer! What do they know? How could a court know more than us NIMBYS?

Don't they know we are the smartest people in the world? How dare anyone question us wilderbeasts?

Going to crawl back in my cave now.
Thomas

Westford, MA

#69 Jul 14, 2010
Fat Ugly Ogre wrote:
Presiding officer shmoficer! What do they know? How could a court know more than us NIMBYS?
Don't they know we are the smartest people in the world? How dare anyone question us wilderbeasts?
Going to crawl back in my cave now.
I thought Ogres lived in swamps?

:-)
Hot mix

Stoneham, MA

#71 Jul 26, 2010
I hope the Town has to pay for 78 million tons of stone they will never use. This is what happens when people in charge make decisions based on popular census instead of actual laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England's epic winter gives way to unusuall... 19 hr welsom 5
News Solar-energy talks heat up Tyngsboro meeting (Jun '10) Jun 9 Mike 54
News Some parents give PARCC test failing grade May '15 david Mcgeney 1
News Sheehan leaves job as Westford's assistant town... (Mar '10) May '15 townsendite 51
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) May '15 Pope Out To Pasture 10
News Halton Region opens two new depots for resident... (Oct '08) Apr '15 Crawford Lake 13
News Nationwide survey gives Westford 'top 100' brag... (Apr '09) Apr '15 Just saying 33
More from around the web

Acton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Acton Mortgages