Former Council on Aging director returns

Former Council on Aging director returns

There are 4 comments on the Nashoba Publishing story from Nov 12, 2010, titled Former Council on Aging director returns. In it, Nashoba Publishing reports that:

Former Council on Aging Director Marcia Zaniboni will return as interim director effective today, per a vote by selectmen Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nashoba Publishing.

Senior

Southbridge, MA

#1 Nov 12, 2010
Since when is it a crime for a board member not to like a candidate for a job? Get over it and move on!
Barry Full of it

Pepperell, MA

#2 Nov 12, 2010
Senior wrote:
Since when is it a crime for a board member not to like a candidate for a job? Get over it and move on!
Yeah, you are jealous cause you can't get your wife a no-show job?
Senior

Southbridge, MA

#3 Nov 13, 2010
Barry Full of it wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are jealous cause you can't get your wife a no-show job?
I haven't had a wife for quite a while.
Outsider Looking In

Southbridge, MA

#4 Nov 13, 2010
I have lived in Pepperell for many years and, I admit, have never paid much attention to town politics. However, this story has intrigued me.

Having served on the Board of Directors of a large corporation, I have seen much debate over what to do when a CEO or other high ranking staff decides to move on. The Board which I served on was called in on several occasions, to assist in the debate.

From what I have read of this story over the course of the past several days, the Board which serves the seniors in Pepperell, sat with Ms. Ferolito on two occasions to work out the terms of a contract with her. The Lowell Sun reported that the Board members were all in agreement with the terms that were being offered. It was Ms. Ferolito who, twice, declined their offer. This is well within her right.

From my vantage point, after contract negotiations broke down, Ms. Ferolito did not have the support of any of the Board members, leaving them no other option but to find another candidate for the job at hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supervisors at Archive Systems In Littleton Thu Littleton Mom 3
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Nov 30 power 24
News Westford neighbors demand action on rowdy Nasho... (Jul '10) Nov 2 Westford vfw trash 236
News Acton mom charged in infant son's slaying (Aug '10) Nov 2 I know more than ... 15
News Two men charged in Acton drug bust Oct '16 Oxy 1
Is there any 'ghetto' in Sudbury?? (Apr '08) Oct '16 idk 34
News Inspired evolution of Billerica's Whiffle Tree Jul '16 hammerhead 1

Acton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Acton Mortgages