Baker boosts Hayes in visit with Lunenburg GOP women - Sentinel & E...

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

An appearance by Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate Charlie Baker in Lunenburg may seem like a pretty common move to help draw votes, but what Baker shared Sunday afternoon was more than just his political ideals.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Aug 25, 2010
So Ironic

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

I think it so ironic that Mr. Hayes touts his "personal calls" vs. robo-calls when the only campaign phone call I have received thus far was from his campaign....and it was a robo-call! I would certainly call that inconsistent.
Unionguy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

You GO Girls! Dump deval 2010 - and send Benson packin too!!!
Live caller

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

So Ironic wrote:
I think it so ironic that Mr. Hayes touts his "personal calls" vs. robo-calls when the only campaign phone call I have received thus far was from his campaign....and it was a robo-call! I would certainly call that inconsistent.
Thanks for acknowledging that the only campaign call you've received was from the Hayes' side ... Benson neither to be seen at public forums like the "Conversations with Kurt" Hayes has been having or heard from on phone calls...

I'm one of those volunteering my time to make 'calls for Kurt', and you are quite simply wrong. All calls made by the campaign have either been dialed by Kurt or volunteers. We leave a message when we get an answering machine, but that's not a 'robo-call'. The response when talking to voters 'live' on the phone has been great!
So Ironic

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Live caller wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for acknowledging that the only campaign call you've received was from the Hayes' side ... Benson neither to be seen at public forums like the "Conversations with Kurt" Hayes has been having or heard from on phone calls...
I'm one of those volunteering my time to make 'calls for Kurt', and you are quite simply wrong. All calls made by the campaign have either been dialed by Kurt or volunteers. We leave a message when we get an answering machine, but that's not a 'robo-call'. The response when talking to voters 'live' on the phone has been great!
Rep. Benson's campaign did not have to call me on the phone...Rep. Benson came to my door during a neighborhood campaign canvass! That personal visit means a whole lot more to me than any phone call.
Shag Jennie

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Benson must go. Shag Jenny
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Benson like Hargraves have been out of touch and unreachable for years. Hargraves has finally resigned which gives that district some hope. Let's hope Benson leaves as well
really Jim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Jim wrote:
Benson like Hargraves have been out of touch and unreachable for years. Hargraves has finally resigned which gives that district some hope. Let's hope Benson leaves as well
Benson hasn't even been in office "for years" you dope.
How about you lay off the knee jerk baloney and try some facts
Plutocracy

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

If they had to resort to facts, they'd never get elected.
Obvious choice

Clinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

It's no longer a stretch to think that Hayes will win, he is an obvious choice amongst all voters. Benson came around to my neighborhood and no one can believe she had the nerve to do just that- she doesn't take a stand on any issue unless she thinks it will win votes. It's obvious to everyone incl. my neighbors who also said no to a sign. She gives lip service and doesn't even respond to her own email's. She has alot of nerve thinking people would be stupid enough to vote for her now.
voter

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

really Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Benson hasn't even been in office "for years" you dope.
How about you lay off the knee jerk baloney and try some facts
any amount of time with an unqualified person like benson seems like "years"
Lunenburg

Clinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Go Kurt!!
know your district

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Hey, obvious choice...it's obvious you have no clue. Leominster is NOT in Rep. Jen Benson's district. No wonder your neighbors wouldn't take a sign.
loser

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

know your district wrote:
Hey, obvious choice...it's obvious you have no clue. Leominster is NOT in Rep. Jen Benson's district. No wonder your neighbors wouldn't take a sign.
How would you know living in Worcester?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Acton Discussions

Search the Acton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 7 hr jimmietsen 4,698
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 7 hr Dale Craven 1,152
Is there any 'ghetto' in Sudbury?? (Apr '08) Jul 27 Sudbury gal 33
Willow Books for Sale Jul 13 Wared Out 1
Arrest Log: 6/13/2010 (Jun '10) Jul 9 Lol 4
Wade Celebrates Milestone at St. Mark's Jun '14 RevKen 2
@TrafficScoop: RT @EngineCo3: MVA Boxborough Ma... (Aug '12) Jun '14 unknown 3
•••
•••

Acton News Video

•••
•••

Acton Jobs

•••