Healey out at Workers' Credit Union -...

Healey out at Workers' Credit Union - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 25 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 18, 2010, titled Healey out at Workers' Credit Union - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

In a move that caught many by surprise, Douglas J. Petersen was appointed interim president and CEO of Workers' Credit Union Friday afternoon, replacing Frederick D. Healey, who had served in that role for 15 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Appalled

Millbury, MA

#1 Dec 18, 2010
Doug Petersen and the Workers CU Board of Directors need an education in professionalism. By stating "we have no comment, specifically on Fred" they have intentionally put speculation in play. Fred Healey is guilty of nothing but running an outstanding credit union (look at the financial performance) and giving back much to the local community. This was nothing more than a power play take over. What is really appalling is that they don't have the decency to stand up for the character of the man who served them so well.
Cobbler

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Dec 18, 2010
Appalled wrote:
Doug Petersen and the Workers CU Board of Directors need an education in professionalism. By stating "we have no comment, specifically on Fred" they have intentionally put speculation in play. Fred Healey is guilty of nothing but running an outstanding credit union (look at the financial performance) and giving back much to the local community. This was nothing more than a power play take over. What is really appalling is that they don't have the decency to stand up for the character of the man who served them so well.
Maybe we should wait for the other shoe to drop before making ANY comments?
joanne

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Dec 18, 2010
Let's see what an AUDIT brings to light
in Ashburnham

Gardner, MA

#4 Dec 18, 2010
Worker's is the worst credit I have ever been associated with. I have withdrawn all accounts.
Not surprised

Pepperell, MA

#5 Dec 18, 2010
Peterson sandbag him? or just part of the old boy network? It will be interesting to see who finally gets the job
North Central Mass Man

Pepperell, MA

#6 Dec 18, 2010
Fred Healey is oneof the most generous men I have ever met. A tremendous business man, and even more skilled at working to combine business wih community. WCU's loss, and frankly a loss for North Central Mass. Hold your head high Fred, your legacy is solid, and those that have come in contact with you, without agenda's, know you are a great person. You have made North Central Mass a better place. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
IDK

Leominster, MA

#11 Dec 19, 2010
And it never occurred to anyone that it could be something very personal, like a grave illness to himself or a family member. Stop speculating.
WikiLeaks

Gardner, MA

#12 Dec 19, 2010
We are on this case. Further information to follow!
First Leominster Resident

Shirley, MA

#13 Dec 19, 2010
In Ashburnham...Wow...never heard anyone say that before...Please take a step back and look at yourself and what you may have done wrong...I have been part of Workers since I was 9...I am now 45. I wouldn't be part of any other bank. YES I said 9...they were Heritage Credit Union back then.
Well I hope you are happy at your new bank...by the way how much interest are you earning on your checking account at your new bank??
Attorney General

Gardner, MA

#14 Dec 19, 2010
"First Leominster Resident", I hope they were not breaking child labor laws when you were 9.
micromania

Quincy, MA

#15 Dec 19, 2010
@ What goes around ... really? Well, here's an idea. Why don't you sit down and make a list of all the things you've done for your community, add up the hours of service you've given - then compare that list to the list of ways that Fred Healey has enriched the lives of so many through the organizations and committees he so selflessly gives his time to. Good luck with that.
Appalled

Millbury, MA

#16 Dec 20, 2010
Come on Sentinel & Enterprise ... be investigative journalists. Workers CU is owned by all the members not the Board of Directors. Dig into this story and find out the real reason why Fred Healy was "let go". Contact the Directors individually for specific reasons so that the membership can know what is going on. By specific I don't mean prepared PR statements but the real reasons behind their decision. Right now these people are overseeing about 3 quarters of a billion dollars of community money. We deserve answers.
Mike

Littleton, MA

#17 Dec 20, 2010
You people are all tapped! Find something constructive to do with your time!
Richard Workman

Dallas, TX

#18 Dec 20, 2010
Keep ya head up Freddie. When a brother loses his job during the holidays, it hurts bad. I pray you have great holidays. Peace and you will make it bigger one day, believe in yourself & keep tha faith. You are good dude and respected.
Joyces Sister Townsend

Lawrence, MA

#19 Dec 20, 2010
I think it was cruel of the Sentinel and Enterprise to make this front page news before being to able divulge any of the facts.
Joyces sister Townsend

Lawrence, MA

#20 Dec 20, 2010
I think it was cruel of the Sentinel and Enterprise to make this front page news before being able to divulge any of the facts.
BillyBob

Fitchburg, MA

#21 Dec 20, 2010
i think its cruel to post the same statement twice
exspecially after the 1st post was boring
Lunenburg Fan Club Ash

Gardner, MA

#22 Dec 20, 2010
Hey BillyBob, are you still an honorary member?
BillyBob

Gardner, MA

#23 Dec 20, 2010
i think its cruel to post the same statement twice
exspecially after the 1st post was boring
God

Round Lake, IL

#25 Dec 21, 2010
Judge not and ye shall not be judged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supervisors at Archive Systems In Littleton (Oct '16) Sep 15 Brain Tumor 9
Who wants to join my gang? Sep 14 B fulla 2
What is kyle spurgin purgin? Sep 13 Ian Rumrill 2
News Rape charges dropped in Westford beach case (Sep '09) Sep 6 You have 42
Free admission - Festival & Caribbean concert Aug '17 Anonymous 2
News Maynard firefighter wins 'Regis and Kelly' contest (Jul '10) Aug '17 Fee buller 3
News Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt... (Jan '13) Aug '17 Viking Power 32

Acton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Acton Mortgages