Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Tucson City Council does not include the public comment from its April 9, 2013 meeting broadcast on cable television. To hear my comments regarding Alcoholics Anonymous, Google "Tucson City Council video" and select the audio recording. Only the audio is available--usually the public comment period is broadcast on cable television but not this time. Nevertheless, you can access the audio by going to the City's website. I'm the second to last person to share, going by my first name Chris (Deile).

It's not being broadcast is very disappointing as AA's central office did not publish my letter ('Dysfunction Junction, How's That Function?') in its April newsletter and attempting to hand the letter out at AA meetings is incurring growing intolerance wherein I'm being physically threatened for simply handing the letter out before meetings (something that is not at all against any rules and should be allowed as "minority opinion" and constructive criticism).
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Also, although I've had letters published in USA Today and Christianity Today in the past, Christianity Today did not publish this same submittal (see in full on other thread by same title), nor did the Arizona Daily Star or Arizona Republic newspapers publish my briefer letter submissions on same topic.
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Wow. Looks like this is from one of Miranda Martino's original albums in the 1960's--her video of a 1990 performance sounds alot like it still:

Miranda Martino

meravigliose labbra

video by cuncertino

--ran the title through online translation, it means "beautiful lips". Funny.
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Here we go...from 1958:

"Miranda Martino Meravigliose Labbra 1958"

video by cuculo48due

--and so few views on all of them. What a shame.

Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Yes...two performances, one from 1990 (video by SAMA45100) and 1998 (video by ALESSTV35). And again, so few views on any of these four videos of Miranda Martino's "Meravigliose Labbra". People are missing out.
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Love this song, great version, super nice album cover:

O sole mio Miranda Martino .wmv orquesta di Ennio Morricone
video by Carlos Rangel

--Dalida's version has been an all-time fave for quite some time...
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

lol...this one's hilarious (love Sanremo):
Miranda Martino - Lady Luna - Festival di Sanremo '1961
video by Zdravko Petrov
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

This is good:

Miranda Martino - Lariulà

video by InChanto DelMar
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Ran that Russian through (from under Lady Luna video) online translation and it says:

Miranda Martino - "Lady Moon" - Sanremo Festival - 1961.
Author: Armando Travayoli and Dino Verde
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Here's a favorite George Benson song/video (he's been very popular in Europe over the years--this one performed in Germany):

George Benson - El Mar (Live At Musikladen).avi

video by VVirtal
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Spoke at Tucson City Council last night (April 16, 2013). Covered same issue as before hoping they will broadcast public comment on cable this time. Added opinion about marijuana, as there were numerous people speaking in favor of it during the comment period.

I mentioned that the gun control and marijuana issue involve the mentally ill being scapegoated for the violent gun crime in this country. That marijuana made me crazy when smoking it heavily as a teenager, and many other people have said it made them crazy too. So if marijuana is made more pervasive, sold and marketed as a capitlaist commodity, there will be far more scapegoats.

Maybe should have pointed out it makes many people crazy--but not all. Some have different reaction. Yet it's not just "a harmless plant"--it's a psychotropic drug.

Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Yes, a psychotropic drug....and when I was using it, wasn't really conscious of that for some reason, rather under the impression it was harmless. So when the fun and euphoria of it subsided over time, replaced by mental illness, could only conclude I was mentally ill and didn't connect the dots to the marijuana. But when finally quitting it in 1985, so much of that subsided--the extreme self-consciousness, paranoia, depression, lethargy, anxiety attacks, also what's called nowadays "obsessive-compulsive disorder" (I just saw it as being extremely superstitious and neurotic--would have to touch the door knob a certain way when leaving the house, step on areas of the sidewalk when walking to the car--if not done *just right* would have to go back and start all over again. That sort of craziness--a secret torment).
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

The video is up for last nights Tucson City Council meeting and it includes public comment. My comments come in part 2 (the second video). And as these things tend to go, had a much better presence and demeanor last week (when public comment was left out of the video broadcast).

This time I'm a bit rushed, terribly congested, and look a mess; bedhead something serious. But at least the gist of it all is getting out there for consideration.

As for the City Councilmen speaking after me, asking the City Attorney if the City Court has court ordered AA, and the Attorney replying no, he doesn't think it does:

The City of Tucson, like the majority of cities across the U.S., have AA meetings daily where court ordered people are required to attend. Perhaps they are being sent by Pima County judicial system. But it is in the City of Tucson where this is occurring.

And when this is questioned, a person is threatened with violence. All I'd done was very quietly hand out "Dysfunction Junction, How's That Function"--containing constructive criticism of AA's "How It Works", etc., and in one meeting I shared that I believed court ordered AA was wrong. But shared in a good way--not argumentatively or controversially. Had even shared I used to be Tucson AA's PI/CPC representative (and alternate- DCM for District 11-114 in Tucson) in 1993. That's Public Information/Cooperation With The Professional Community. And was GSR for the Today Group in Tucson in 1992/93.

Yet it was at that meeting, and several others, where I was physically threatened by growing intolerance of members present. At one point, a man amongst several others murmuring against me shouted "Get out of here! We don't want you here!".

He wasn't speaking for the group conscience, he was speaking for a small group of individuals controlling the meeting under threat of physical violence (he was the same man who attempted to grab the letters out of my hand I was distributing before the meeting when he and others cornered me in the kitchen area (out of sight of others in the main room), and when unable to get the letters from my hand was about to grab me by my chest to physically remove me).

At another meeting a man jumped out of his chair (as I was distributing the letter before the meeting) and began shouting in my face, demanding to know if I was "a member of this organization". All that is required is a desire to stop drinking, that's the logical answer but his intent was to physically threaten me in order to give me the message he was aware of me and my distributing the letters was unwelcome there. He too was not speaking for the group conscience but as a controlling member willing to threaten violence against a person questioning matters in a constructive (possibly effective) manner.

Another meeting a man thrust his arm up as I was attempting to pass by him when handing out the letters, and moments later a woman swung her arm at me and shouted "get away from me!" (all I had done was quietly hold the letter out as an offer to her as I'd dome to others sitting around the room before the meeting).

And one other incident involved a very large man following me around the room as I was attempting to distribute the letters, physically blocking me from proceeding. He was almost chest bumping me, looming over me each step I took.

Please see the other thread containing "Dysfunction Junction..." and know that it shouldn't incur such behaviour in the meetings.
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Yeah, one other point--was too rushed in asserting opinion about marijuana during public comment last night at the council meeting. Shared that it made me crazy but went overboard in saying it also made others I'd met "flat out crazy". Could have shared that much more reasonably, unfortunately.
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

I'm watching the video closely to see if it was doctored. There were numerous instances in Bellingham where I'd speak at Council meetings then see the tape after it certain sentences I'd stated were censored.

Wasn't certain at first, but began very closely scrutinizing things word for word, and most definitely found they were manipulating tihe video to remove certain comments (and not becasue there were aything wrong with the comments but a s ameans of censoring).

When the librarians realized I was catching onto the process they began blocking access to pulling up the council videos on the library compuiters. So I was then prevented from checking to see if they were cesnoring the broadcasted videos.

This one here does not have loud applause following my speaking, but the applause was as loud, if not louder, than that given a previous speaker. Not that I was speaking for applause, in fact often share unpopular opinion and seldom receive applause, but there was definitely loud applause alst night after I spoke and that applause is audible on the video after the other speaker so it should have been following mine.

Have had way too many letters to the editor of newspapers, comments on blogs, and personal websites sabotaged to not wonder why this is happening so frequently.
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Am not so positive this time, but pretty sure it was more reasonably stated, and that I'd also said there would be many more scapegoats (resulting from marijuana causing mental illness).

Anyhow, it's no good to make the point if unsure. So will just let the matter rest. Sure wish my writings had been published instead as they're able to get ideas across much better than my poor public speaking.
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

And that may have been about a weeks long infatuation with Mirando Martino. Completely enamored with her, but already back to this all-time fave:

&#9835; Marcella Bella &#9834; Montagne Verdi (SanRemo 1972) &#9835; Video & Audio Restaurati HD

video by flaniman2
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Those numbers should be musical notes in the title of that Marcella Bella video posted above. This forum doesn't do musical notes apparently. Not that I'm complaining...it's so much more fun talking to myself here than reading belligerent comments on forums elsewhere.
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

From USA Today article (in today's newspaper) "High Court Wants Warrants Before Testing Drivers' Blood":

..."One person dies every 53 minutes because of drinking and driving, according to the Department of Transportation — a statistic Roberts cited in his opinion, calling it "a serious and deadly crime." The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that Americans "drank too much and got behind the wheel about 112 million times in 2010." The FBI counted about 1.4 million arrests."

Motor vehicles are WMD. I used to love driving, didn't get stressed at all until rear ended at an intersection stop light. Saw the car coming right at me in the rear view mirror and that it was not going to stop--seeing that and realizing it could possibly kill me at that moment depending on how hard the collision. Fortunately there were not severe injuries, but did get whiplash which continues to involve symptoms at times thirty years later.
Bruce Deile

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Very disappointed about that public comment presentation. I didn't do well at all this time around. Sure wish the one from preceding week had been broadcast instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Acme Discussions

Search the Acme Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Flipside Performance (May '13) 3 hr Nino Brown 7
cult reportedly in Sedro-Wooley (Jun '10) 18 hr Old Friend 62
ping pong Jul 4 eric 1
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... Jul 3 Sol 240
looking for my sisters and brother Jun 28 Chris 1
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jun 26 Elise Gingrich 708
AA and False Guilt Jun 16 Bruce Deile 2
•••
•••

Acme News Video

•••
•••

Acme Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Acme People Search