CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

A little off topic here, but just found this story online and although I'm not good at all about grammar it seems the title is quite misleading (Doesn't it sound like the wolf is riding the motorcycle in pursuit of the man? And as far as hearing "the wolfs feet on the road"--that sounds unlikely since the roar of the motorcycle (the wolf is riding!) would drown out any sound of its paws on the road (and of which they wouldn't be if on the cycles footpegs); lol:

Man shoots pictures of wolf chasing him on motorcycle in Canada
Published June 21, 2013

Associated Press
BANF, Alberta – A Canadian man says he was chased by a gray wolf while he was riding a motorcycle in British Columbia.

Tim Bartlett of Banff tells the National Post ( http://bit.ly/8f5Yph ) the wolf darted onto the roadway and began chasing him June 8 as he was riding through the Canadian Rockies. The animal got within several feet (meters) of him before Bartlett accelerated.

After Bartlett put some distance between himself and the wolf, he stopped to take some photos, capturing it in full pursuit. He says he could hear the wolf's feet on the road.

He says he believes the wolf was after his bike. Bartlett accelerated again as traffic picked up, and he says he last saw the wolf running away from the highway and into the trees.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/21/man-s...
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Rosy Armen is also like Miranda Martino:

Miranda Martino. Dollar Twist.mpg

video by Lea Daudt

--and Anna Magnani (w/Marlon Brando in the 1959 film 'The Fugitive Kind')
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

The saga continues...

Have been fixated on Michele Torr's "Ce Soir Je T'Attendais" 1966 Eurovision performance (representing Luxembourg though--not France)(YouTube) for past 4-5 years w/out knowing the songs meaning, nor the titles meaning. Then appeared her video of the English version of the song--"Only Tears Are Left For Me".

So, thinking that was the songs meaning, spoke with two French girls yesterday and told them the only French I know is Soir Je T'Attendais"--"Only Teras Are Left For Me". There was some confusion, so I wrote it down. they then explained that means "Tonight I was waiting for you", and the English version is simply given a different title as was common around that time.

Funny. So now I think I've finally got it...we'll see.
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

This one's great:

Rosy Armen "Marie Joconde"

video by Ina Chansons
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

This one includes the intro:

Rosy Armen - Marie Joconde - 1966

video by LeDenicheur
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Submitted to Christianity Today; they published my letter on AA in Feb. 2001.
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Here's another version:

Margot Eskens - Die Zeiger der Uhr

video by Schlagermusikgirl4
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Ooops...that was not the good one--this is the Eurovision performance by Margot Eskens in 1966:

ESC-Deutschland Margot Eskens-Die Zeiger der Uhr (1966)

video by EuroRainbow

(and so few views!--what's going on in cyberspace when such tremendous videos go unseen?)
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Posted this on another forum yesterday--it's hilarious:

ESC-Belgien Tonia-Un peu de poivre, un peu de sel (1966)

video by EuroRainbow
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Unbelievable neither Margot Eskens or Michele Torr placed very well at Eurovision in 1966; I've been viewing this one for past four years more than any other video:

ESC-Luxemburg Michèle Torr-Ce soir je t'attendais (1966)

video by EuroRainbow
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Back on topic...submitted the 600 word version of SOME OF US to be published as an opinion piece in a newspaper--the Fort Collins Coloradoan published an opinion piece of mine about the same length on a different topic in 2000. Hope to see this one in print too, it might help in the way of it being constructive criticism.
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

I wrote on another forum that it would be nice to find a French version of Margot Eskens singing -Die Zeiger der Uhr (1966) (hands of a clock), but after viewing her Eurovision performance many times, have to say it just seems flawless. One of the very best.
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Interesting...found this explanation--the song may be translated "Hands of Time" (instead of hands of a clock), unsure:

"Die Zeiger der Uhr" was the German entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1966, performed in German by Margot Eskens. The song was performed first on the night, preceding Denmark's Ulla Pia with "Stop - mens legen er go'". It received 7 points, placing 10th in a field of 18. The song is a ballad, with Eskens singing about the feelings brought on by reading old love letters and seeing photographs from an old relationship. As she explains, however, "The hands of time only turn/Forwards, forwards and never backwards". It was succeeded as German representative at the 1967 contest by Inge Brück with "Anouschka". Wikipedia
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

It translates online as "Hands of a Clock", but noticed in other places the song has been referred to as "Hands of Time". I like hands of a clock, that makes more sense.
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Wow. Never thought a German song would bring tears to my eyes, but having learned the songs meaning and viewing it again....
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Here's another dynamite Eurovision performance--this one from 1961:

ESC-Jugoslawien Ljiljana Petrović-Neke davne zvezde (1961)

video by EuroRainbow
CB Deile

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

ESC 1961 07 - Sweden - Lill-Babs - April, April

video by JoaoVelada
CB Deile

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Lill babs is funny--just found that one. Have been viewing ESC-Jugoslawien Ljiljana Petrovi (1961) quite often--one of the very best.
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Gave "Some of us" to an AA member; they responded they agreed with it, that "AA's format is faulty"; but then said AA claims "we only know a little".

I didn't reply to that but thought although AA states that, it simultaneously insists upon absolutist perfectionism. Strange.
Chris Deile

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Wow, This is amazing...Michele Torr singing so well at 66 y.o., usually only view her 1960's videos in b/w, bt this is quite impressive tht sh is still touring and doing so good (although recall reading an article online about her that explained she had a stroke a little while back involving amnesia):

Michele Torr "L'envie d'aimer" ** NOUVEL ALBUM 2012 **

video by Nos Idoles

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of49
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Acme Discussions

Search the Acme Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
cult reportedly in Sedro-Wooley (Jun '10) Fri Jeff Sjolander 61
ping pong Jul 4 eric 1
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... Jul 3 Sol 240
Review: Flipside Performance (May '13) Jul 2 Kaitlyn Johnston 6
looking for my sisters and brother Jun 28 Chris 1
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jun 26 Elise Gingrich 708
AA and False Guilt Jun 16 Bruce Deile 2
•••
•••

Acme News Video

•••
•••

Acme Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Acme People Search