Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Acme Forum

Comments (Page 2,127)

Showing posts 42,521 - 42,540 of51,367
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

interestingly, workers now get to chose between payin dues or not. i thought you libs liked freedom of choice? interesting indeed.....

unions are already crippled. the law in michigan just kicked a crutch away and gave workers a right to chose.

wont be long and the union goons will be called into action.
Dan the Man wrote:
Interestingly, Michigan already had protections in place to workers who don't want to support union political activities don't have to, but they did have to contribute toward the costs of wage and benefit negotiations.
So the point of the law wasn't to allow workers to opt out of political activity they don't agree with - they already had that right.
The point of the law was to cripple unions. Period.
Hell, at least one wingnut has publicly said so:
“We fight these battles on taxes and regulation but really what we would like to see is to take the unions out at the knees so they don’t have the resources to fight these battles.”
The law was pure partisan politics. It had absolutely nothing to do with workers rights.
Is there ANYTHING the right can tell the truth about?
Answer: not if they want to win elections.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Whether they were an unfortunate foreshadowing of the following events, or a backhanded rally cry, his words rang true shortly after as Fox News contributor Steven Crowder was physically assaulted by union members as he tried desperately to keep them from destroying the tents put up by Americans for Prosperity. With everything being recorded on film, it is clear that the protestors were not concerned with the safety of rights of those still within the tents as they tore them down and attacked Crowder. The video clearly showed not only the union member landing several punches on Crowder with no retaliation; it also shows at least one woman emerging from one of the downed tents, visibly shocked.

In one instance, a police officer was forced to use pepper spray on one or more protestors because they pulled a female officer violently into the crowd. More reports of use of pepper spray by police officers were reported, including former Representative Mark Schauer. Eyewitness reports vary widely, with some on the left declaring the protests were loud but peaceful, and contradictory reports of shoving and pushing and assault which would have justified use of force
----------

ooops the union goons already have been called into action. i wonder what their marching orders will be next. is that all they did dan, knock down a tent ? professional union guidos have been called into action. they wont go down without a fight.
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
They knocked down a TENT?!?! That's TERRIBLE!!!
LMAO!

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Scabs are dealt with according to problems the scab creates. If you don't want to work for a union then do not apply, find a rip the employees off company. The tea bags will be the last to fight when and if the shit hits. Tea bags prey to your corporate gods
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

boxhard wrote:
interestingly, workers now get to chose between payin dues or not. i thought you libs liked freedom of choice? interesting indeed.....
unions are already crippled. the law in michigan just kicked a crutch away and gave workers a right to chose.
wont be long and the union goons will be called into action. <quoted text>
The right to work is just an excuse to NOT pay the non union worker the same as a union worker. A non union worker does not get the raises as a union worker does, or gets a union pension or might notget the same vacation as union workers or the same protection from being fired, the non union worker will work for less. The non union worker can be laid off before a union worker will. The union worker has the upper hand. The union worker worker pays a percentage of his/her healthcare, a non union worker might have to pay for it all. So whats advantage of a non union worker? For them there is none,it's a win-win for the company.

Wages and healthcare and vacations are negotiated , a non union worker doesnt have that. If you want a non union job join a non union workforse because if you mix in union and non union in the same workplace ,you're only going to create friction between the workers.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

I see the children are still at it in here........LMAO!

The losers just cant let go.....HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

My Dad can beat up your Dad.......LOL!

Come on guys the election is over,and the way it's going, it looks like John Boner aint gonna give Obama one inch......that's OK the Democrats will take over the House in 2014.........

The GOP will never learn..........HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Unless workers have a union contract, they are at the mercy of company policies. Most employment handbooks clearly state that policies are "guidelines only and ... not a contract of employment" or that the terms of the handbook are subject to change without notice.

Even under a company's "open-door" policy, there is nothing to really make anyone believe that the policy is meaningful. To the contrary, there is often a powerful conflict of interest in these "open door" policies because workers are complaining about management's decisions to a board or body that has been handpicked by management.

It's not surprising then that workers without a union are often subject to arbitrariness and unfairness on the job.

Workers without a contract are considered "employees at will." That means they can be fired at any time and without reason, the only exceptions are termination for discrimination, whistle-blowing or union organizing.

In fact, when looking at laws affecting workers, it's good to think of this: laws like the minimum wage, worker's comp, overtime, OSHA and ERISA (governing pensions and profit sharing) provide the bare minimum that applies to everyone. For non-union workers, however, the bare minimum becomes a ceiling - no one promises rights any higher. For union workers, on the other hand, the bare minimum is just the floor - they always bargain for rights and benefits above the bare minimum set by the law.

No surprise then that union wages are better, union shops are safer and union jobs are more secure!

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

What can you really do racist warrior tea bag besides bitch, bellyache moan and groan? President Obama was not ever going after your vote, factually speaking taxi the dumb ass. You need a good mental health provider if you ever thought president Obama was trying to bring american voters to embrace your idea of racist values. You are pathetic, but don't worry you will always have racist rogers there to internet love you his brethren
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Government workers:“These workers make a median of $973 a week, roughly $230 more than their non-union counterparts.”

Teachers:“The union members earn $224 a week more than non-union educators, with median weekly earnings at $1,038.”

Firefighters and police officers:“Union workers make about $1,008 a week, and non-union workers make $627.”

Factory workers:“Union workers make about $836 a week,$56 a week more than non-union employees.”

Construction workers:“Union workers earn about $361 more per week than their non-union counterparts.”

Transportation and warehousing workers:“Union employees earn about $215 more per week, or 30%, than non-union workers.”

Utilities workers:“Union employees in this industry tend to earn 10.2% more per week than non-union workers.”

Georgia ranked 49th in union membership in 2011, with 3.9 percent of wage and salary workers belonging to unions. About 12 percent of U.S. workers belong to unions.

Yep..........non union has the upper hand!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

well i disagree. i have held several different positions with several different companies and negotiated a salary and vacation almost every time. just because a company says its their policy for one week vacation after a year does not mean you cant get two weeks the first year. same with wages. if your more qualified with more experience a company will bend because they know it will cost them more in the long run training someone new.

however your leverage greatly diminishes if you are unemployed at the time.

i worked for one union and received a pay decrease as soon as they were voted in. i lost my free medical/vision/dental that he company payed 100%. real life kinda shatters your claims.
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to work is just an excuse to NOT pay the non union worker the same as a union worker. A non union worker does not get the raises as a union worker does, or gets a union pension or might notget the same vacation as union workers or the same protection from being fired, the non union worker will work for less. The non union worker can be laid off before a union worker will. The union worker has the upper hand. The union worker worker pays a percentage of his/her healthcare, a non union worker might have to pay for it all. So whats advantage of a non union worker? For them there is none,it's a win-win for the company.
Wages and healthcare and vacations are negotiated , a non union worker doesnt have that. If you want a non union job join a non union workforse because if you mix in union and non union in the same workplace ,you're only going to create friction between the workers.
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

OK kids go back to bashing one another,,,,I'll check in time from time and see you yo-yo's still going at at,,,,,,,,,,OH!!!!! and have a Happy Holiday!!!
Keep up the good work.....LMAO!

BYE! BYE!

I got a life to live,,,,,,,,,,
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

boxhard wrote:
well i disagree. i have held several different positions with several different companies and negotiated a salary and vacation almost every time. just because a company says its their policy for one week vacation after a year does not mean you cant get two weeks the first year. same with wages. if your more qualified with more experience a company will bend because they know it will cost them more in the long run training someone new.
i worked for one union and received a pay decrease as soon as they were voted in. i lost my free medical/vision/dental that he company payed 100%. real life kinda shatters your claims.
<quoted text>
Maybe a better education on your part could of landed you a better secured job , eh?
Bilbo Baggins

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

same old losers still posting. you people need fo get a life

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

i am happily independently secure being self employed muffins. still a kid and a dream.

maybe your steward can speak for you since you cant speak for yourself.

is that all you got ? better education.....LMAO!
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe a better education on your part could of landed you a better secured job , eh?
Ted

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RealDave wrote:
...TaxNoMore = Dave Rogers
There can't possibly be two people that equally stupid.
Like I've said before, nothing more pathetic than a right whiner who thinks that are clever & smart.
Dan the Man wrote:
Or he could have merely spelled "they" as "that." As in, "nothing more pathetic than a right whiner who thinks they are clever & smart."
You're a petty little prick, Ted WATB. You distort meaningless semantic aberrations and act like you've uncovered a major crime. It's your pattern. It's how you've made every single accusation that I've lied, and it's what you're doing now.
Dave made a typo and you had to make an issue of it. You were childish and moronic - but that's your total MO, now isn't it? LMAO!
Like I've said countless times - grow up WATB.
!LOL!

Nobody but you, BOY, could distort a simple omission by calling it "a meaningless semantic aberration"!

danny BOY, you'll edit and rewrite ANYthing to try to prove a point--as we've observed in your frequent edited and unattributed copied and pasted text. You're an unethical clod.

Priceless, BOY: "Or he could have merely spelled "they" as "that."" LOL! If that's the case, BOY, then he made a mistake, not a typo, while accusing others of stupidity. The irony.

Substituting entire WORDS and calling them typos makes you a dishonest, "petty little prick", danny BOY.

It's your nature to routinely twist the truth, BOY. You're a liar's liar.

EVERYone--such as you, BOY--who contends that minorities can't be racist IS a racist.

EVERYone--such as you, BOY--who contends that they NEVER lie IS a liar.

danny BOY: racist, plagiarist, pathological liar.
Dr Ruth

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

[QUOTE
OooBaaaaaaaaaaaaMaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa!!!!
GIVE......MEEEEEEEEEEEEE...... ..MOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEE!
**THRUST!**THRUST!**THRUST!*
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEE!
FOUR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEE YEARS!!!![/QUOTE]
You seem to be rather fixated on anal sex. Get some help.
skankpalin

Rittman, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Hi, My name is Sarah. I'm a gun toting soccer mom.
Actually, I don't tote guns, my daughter got pregnant at 15. I showed the world just how stupid I am by openening my mouth. I ran for VP. And the sheeple of the GOP actually thought ( and still do) that I'm a great politician.
Meanwhile, I quit on the people of Alaska for the almighty dollar. Proving to millions of americans what the GOP is really about. I just might run in 2016 for president. Can you quit and go write a book or do a tv series ? Just in case I get an offer.
Seriously

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

boxhard wrote:
<quoted text>
This shit your making up is true?!
Seriously

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe a better education on your part could of landed you a better secured job , eh?
I doubt it, he is a dishonest person, look at the lies he post here, and no amount of education could supplant dishonesty and nobody can keep a dishonest employee for long.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
False claims of lying danny BOY? You have been proven a liar on here so many times I've lost count. No, I won't go back and find them for you. I guess I should of kept files on you like you do on those who disagree with you.
Oh, about you taking the bait, you have taken the bait so many times from just me I would think you would have learned a long time ago, crybaby.
Let me break it down as simply as I can:

If I had lied, someone would be able to show me one.

But nobody ever has.

Nobody.

Ever.

And only trolls set bait. It's stupid and juvenile, and it's what people do who aren't intellectually equipped to have rational, adult debate.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> You're very protective of Real Dave danny BOY. I bet you and Real Dave are so close you both have the same stench. lol
Go back to your Chambersburg forum and discuss your local eateries. Better yet why not leave the computer and take your daughter out for a nice fried chicken dinner.
I'm on the Chambersburg forum.

You really just aren't very bright, are you? LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,521 - 42,540 of51,367
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Acme Discussions

Search the Acme Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr Senator Rendell 3,538
Review: The Glass Slipper Children's Boutique Apr 16 Connections 3
Beverly Wilson Apr 14 Ginbfdvn 1
McCali Manor (Jun '12) Mar 29 BeenThere 15
Cindy Brown ODs day she gets outa jail Mar 25 Cara Lanphear 2
Greensburg mom pleads guilty to enslaving girl (Mar '10) Mar '14 beer drops 4
Westmoreland County Corruption (Sep '08) Feb '14 Ron Reagan 6
•••
•••
•••
Acme Dating

more search filters

less search filters