'Gun Show Loophole Bill' Dies in Committee

Jan 25, 2013 Full story: Patch.com

A Virginia Senate bill co-sponsored by Sen. Janet Howell that would close the "gun-show loophole" allowing people to purchase firearms at gun shows without a background check died in committee Wednesday.

Full Story

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#1 Jan 25, 2013
The gun show loophole is a myth. Any FFL-licensed dealer at a gun show MUST conduct a NICS check on everyone they sell or trade a firearm to. No exceptions. To not do so is a felony, and having worked gun shows for over eight years, no FFL dealer is going to risk prison time, loss of their license and HUGE fines by not doing the required background checks.

That being said, private sellers selling from their own collections are not required to do a background check. But this is true whether they are at a gun show, out in the parking lot, or sitting in their own living room.

So you see, since there is no way to get around any law at a gun show, there is no gun show loophole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Achilles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Port-Haywood, VA (Aug '10) Feb 20 Captain 9
Rent in Hampton Roads a challenge for single-in... Feb 12 bruhmain 6
Another try for new hospital -- Medical Service... (Mar '08) Feb 5 meyers opensore 9
Do door-to-door petitions sway politicians? Feb 1 Gammler 1
Hampton looks for more math teachers (Aug '14) Jan '15 Hampton Handyman 44
Review: Andleton Management (Jan '09) Jan '15 Thomas 30
106-year-old woman has lived in Newport News fo... Jan '15 proud to be greek 2
Achilles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Achilles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News