Absecon woman charged after dog left ...

Absecon woman charged after dog left in car dies

There are 2 comments on the Press of Atlantic City story from Aug 23, 2006, titled Absecon woman charged after dog left in car dies. In it, Press of Atlantic City reports that:

From Press staff reports ATLANTIC CITY - ' A woman was charged with animal cruelty Tuesday after her dog died after being left in a closed car, allowing the pet's temperature to reach 108.3 degrees, authorities ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press of Atlantic City.

sharon

Mays Landing, NJ

#1 Aug 23, 2006
People like that DON'T deserve to own an animal. She should be locked in an oven to see how it feels!! Penalties should be HARSHER!!
eleanorigby

Seaford, UK

#2 Aug 25, 2006
I feel very strongly about this too. It is the tourist season where I live which is Wales, and the number of people who leave dogs in cars while they shop is unbelievable. They seem to think if the window of the car is open half an inch the animal is alright. Like there is always a breeze or something.
I am forever going to Customer Services and asking them to announce the car number over their tannoy that the dog is in distess. Gets my hubby down a bit but basically he is with me on it!
On one occasion I tracked down some offenders who had left their dog in the car and had gone to a restaurant to eat. I went in and told them I am from the RSPCA, could you attend to your dog please, I have never seen anybody jump so quickly.
He was down at that car - accompanied by me - he let the dog out, gave it water, and was apologising all over the place. I wish I had had the authority, I merely work for the RSPCA but am not an Inspector, I would have fined him on the spot!
I urge everyone to keep an eye open for creatures in distress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Absecon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Changes in the air at two radio stations (Aug '06) Apr 10 Rubbersoul 1,033
Commission meeting 3/16 Mar 30 renee 2
Thanks Mar 26 Tony 2
News New Jersey Man Ends Fight Between Black Teens, ... Mar '17 16 TEEN SHOTS 14
Get Your Own Screen Name!!! Mar '17 Josh 3
Atlantic County Mar '17 Josh 1
warlocks mc (Sep '07) Feb '17 Jay420 315

Absecon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Absecon Mortgages