Trash Men Refuse to Pick up Trah

Trash Men Refuse to Pick up Trah

Posted in the Abington Forum

Ken

Needham, MA

#1 Apr 13, 2007
April 11, 2007 was trash day in the section of Abington that I live. At 7AM I took out 2 bags of household trash and my recycle bucket, expecting it to be picked up some time that day. At 11AM I checked outside to see if it had been picked up. Only the recycle bucket had been emptied. The trash was still sitting at the curb. The neighbors to the left of me & the neighbors to the right had their trash picked up but they bypassed my house. I called the Board of health to report it and the woman told me that they were not though picking up the trash. I explained that the trash had been picked up on my side of the street and she insisted they had not finished picking up the trash. I waited a few hours and the trash had not been picked up but, however, it was picked up olong the other side of the street. I called the Board of health again and told them my trash had not been picked up but she stuck to her story that the trash men hadn't finished picking up yet on my street. I told her that I had driven up & down the street & the trash was picked up all along the street except at my house. Then she told me they only had one truck to pick up trash. After about 5 or 6 calls, she told me that she would call them up & tell them to pick up my trash. I waited until 4PM and the trash was still sitting at the curb waiting to get picked up.About that time I got a call from the Board of health stating that the trash truck driver got the message and my trash should be picked up by the end of the day. I waited until 6PM to get it picked up & it never happened. I had to put the 2 bags away so that animals wouldn't tear open the bag & leave a mess for me to pick up. This morning, April 12, 2007, at 6:30 AM I took the trash out again along with the recycle bucket. It's 8:30AM and no trash men yet. At 9AM I will call the Board of Health again. I hope they pick my trash up today.
Mr trash

Carver, MA

#2 Apr 27, 2007
Give the trash guys a hot cup of coffee, or maybe a couple of bucks for coffee once in awhile. You say thank you and leave a little something for the guy that brings bills in the mail, leave change for the person who makes you coffee. But I'd be willing to bet not even a hello how are you doing, to the guys that work hard than most could ever imagine, doing a less desireable job. You'd be shocked to see how far a cup of coffee on a cold day will go. If you are nice, a trash guy they can do a lot for you. May even take things You cant threw out (wink wink)!
Bill

Abington, MA

#3 Jul 23, 2007
Should the trash service pick up things as they are paid to do?

Why would someone suggest that we bribe the people that work for the town in order for them to perform their jobs?
RUKIDDING

Rockland, MA

#4 Oct 10, 2007
Coffee or a couple of bucks to pick up my trash? C'mon, that's their job not a good will gesture. Why do we have to feel that everyone needs to be coddled to do what they are getting paid to do?
Roger

Norwood, MA

#5 Oct 17, 2007
Picking up the trash is the trash mans job. Last time I checked the trash man does not rely on a type based salary. Save your "my job is hard be nice to me" nonsense for a support group. I don't expect tips for my job, because I get paid a salary to do my job. Maybe if the trash man stopped punting my trash cans into my yard I'd be nice to them.
Patriot

East Weymouth, MA

#6 Oct 18, 2007
Ken, Ken Ken. don't feel bad. We recycle quite a bit, and I paid for two recycle bins, and finally GAVE them to neighbors who weren't recycling so that they would. It got to be a guessing game which "other" week they would pick up, but I dragged it in and out every week. I paid eighteen dollars for a commercial fish tote, made sure it was blue, and stenciled the recycle logo and the words on it. It worked fine for a few years. Last week the recycle guys took the material, and put both of my neighbors recycle bins inside of mine. A short time later the rubbish guys came and threw all three recycle bins in the trash truck and off they went. I'm done with that. When the government starts setting an example and the contractor hires people who can read english, I might start recycling again. Maybe.
truth

Swainsboro, GA

#7 Oct 19, 2007
it sound like the man is not being payed enough to care about everyone,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) 4 hr Shannon 552
Sex in weymouth (Jun '14) Jul 10 softlightbreeze 3
Shoe Factory History? (Feb '07) Jul 5 cdogpal 41
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) Jun '16 bkelsey 13
Massachusetts Adoptees and Birth parents Reunit... Jun '16 joan 1
News Dealing with Public Disapproval when You Have a... May '16 Regina 1
News John Blanding/Globe Staff Putting Tubman on the... Apr '16 Currency Exchanged 1

Abington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abington Mortgages