2 men charged with stealing Abington ...

2 men charged with stealing Abington school bleachers

There are 5 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Aug 27, 2008, titled 2 men charged with stealing Abington school bleachers. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Abington police say two local men hit "an all-time low" when they stole aluminum bleachers from a school, apparently to sell the metal as scrap.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Since: Aug 08

Pittsfield

#1 Aug 27, 2008
A friend told me that on the road where he lives a dozen or so (rural) homes have had their roadside metal mailboxes stolen!
another reader

Gansevoort, NY

#2 Aug 27, 2008
These days we have to chain down not only our bikes, but ladders, shovels and anything else made of metal to avoid their theft. These guys are even going under cars and taking catalytic converters...which they can get off your car in 30 seconds!

At least now salvage yards are taking more information and requiring ID for recycling...it may not stop 'em but it should slow 'em down.

When I hear dogs barking in my neighborhood, I wonder who's getting hit now?
Nelson Muntz

Springfield, MA

#3 Aug 27, 2008
HA HA a catalytic converter fetches $75.00 at the junk yard. Better watch out where you park your car.

Since: Aug 08

Pittsfield

#4 Aug 28, 2008
It's so sad that the decent hard-working people in this country have to feel constant fear and threat because of the extent to which these low-life theives will go.
Sad Day

Boston, MA

#5 Aug 28, 2008
Legal you are so right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired (Nov '16) 2 hr Len 64
Brockton Music Thread (Dec '14) Jul 28 Musikologist 6
State Rep Michelle DuBois warning of raids in B... Jul 23 Darlene taylor 3
Review: Boston Tae Kwon Do Academy (Jan '14) Jul '17 DistractedGeek 10
Maura Murray Body Parts (May '09) May '17 babyblonde 37
asdfasdf (Jan '17) May '17 Al Anon 2
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) May '17 Lateachasim 565

Abington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance