Nick

Port Richey, FL

#1 Aug 13, 2007
Please help...my wife and I are moving to the new apartments called Abington Woods, and I am wondering how the neighborhood is. I think it's near Old Weymouth Pond.

We are starting to get worried being that its kinda close to brockton area....should we be worried. It looks so nice, but we are having second doubts.
Janice

Acton, MA

#2 Aug 19, 2007
Hello,
My husband, 11 month old son, and I jsut moved to Abington woods from the North Shore of Boston. The complex is very nice; no need to worry about Brockton...It's not that close. Abiongton itself is a small town and honestly there isn't much going on..However, there are great towns nearby like Hingham, Norwell, and the beaches in Cohasset and Scituate that have activites. Not sure what your interested in. The commuter rail into Boston is walking distance from the complex and the ride into town is only 22 minutes. I hope this helps you.
Janice
p pop

Wellesley Hills, MA

#3 Aug 20, 2007
Hi. Janice
former Abington resident

Stoughton, MA

#4 Nov 7, 2007
Abington is a toilet--better off moving to Brockton
Mike

Rockland, MA

#5 Nov 7, 2007
Abington is not a toilet...I bet you moved to Brockton and you wish you were back living in Abington.
peek-a-boo

Kite, GA

#6 Nov 7, 2007
abington is a nice place to live, I used to live near there, my mother in-law lives there, it is a nice place to live and raise your child there, now the taxes can be high there, but there is plenty of jobs there as well, I would not be afraid to move there, I hope this help you out, Now rockland is enother story, I wouuld'nt live there, at all,
connie

Bridgewater, MA

#7 Nov 13, 2007
Hello Nick
Abington Woods is lovely. By the way I don't understand the problem you feel you will have being close to Brockton. I moved to Brockton 25 years ago from Cambridge. All towns everywhere have the same problems as Brockton does. Brockton is a city with a suburban feel to it; being from Cambridge I like the city. Enjoy your new home.
Connie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News RMV still moving too slow after Real ID launch,... May 15 cil 3
Family Fun Show in Hanover 5/18 May 8 HOH 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Massachuse... (Oct '10) May 4 jhack1355 17
News Apologies and anger at Abington school board me... Apr '18 Brenda 1
News Illegal immigrant Uber driver raped passenger t... Apr '18 ONLYONETERM 3
Randal Moller " is a thief " (Feb '14) Apr '18 David Moller sr 11
News Maura has been is missing since Feb. 9, 2004 (Jan '08) Apr '18 DownEastDetective 168

Abington Jobs

Personal Finance

Abington Mortgages