New take out food place on route 123 ...

New take out food place on route 123 in abington

Posted in the Abington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike Mercurio

Monomoy Island, MA

#1 Aug 28, 2008
HAs anyone else tried the new take out place called town line take out on route 123 at the abington/rockland town line? I was curious so i stopped in and got the best lobster roll ever for $10.99, and my girlfriend had the fried clams for the same price and she said they were sweet and yummy!The place is kind of a throwback, its just a little trailer witha great big menu and the guy working there was real nice and gave us samples of his chowder which was awsome! Ya gottta try this place and the prices are better then the restaurants around
rick and dina

Monomoy Island, MA

#2 Sep 1, 2008
stopped for lunch the other day with our 2 year old son(he actually liked their hot dogs), i had a great chili dog, and my wifes fish and chips with real haddock was awsome she said for $8.99.
the owner gave us clam fritter samples and they were good(i never had one before!)they make their fries fresh right in front of you! its a cool little stand!
Public Official

Monomoy Island, MA

#3 Sep 1, 2008
When did this place open up? It came out of nowhere it seems because I just heard about it from driving by and stopping in. Thumbs up on the fried clams and the clam chowder. There is nobody around that comes close to this quality and price.
Strictly take out though(no seating) just fine for us because we can eat at home and not have to pay a tip and fight the crowds, etc.. Must try their homemade onion rings!Weird hours though i took their menu and its lunch everyday except sundays and open late like thursday and friday night until8:30pm. Maybe they are just trying to figure out whats best in the begiinning. good food guys, keep it up!
Stop Raining

Monomoy Island, MA

#4 Sep 1, 2008
HAD THE BACON BURGER(WAS GOOD). THE BEST WAS THE HANDCUT FRENCH FRIES THOUGH. TASTY WITH VINEGAR AND SALT!
WHIMSY

Monomoy Island, MA

#5 Sep 2, 2008
This place rocks!!!
Such a small place it doesnt seem like you can get the food you do there but man what a seafood plate they do! I like watching the dude inside cut the potatos fresh for the french fries. They taste just like the carnivals and fairs(so good!)
They also passed my kids chicken finger and cheese fries tate test!
WHIMSY

Monomoy Island, MA

#6 Sep 6, 2008
fried clam heaven is what this place is!!!!!!!!
they are awsome, havent had clams that good in years. thumbs way up!
akeandnanny

Monomoy Island, MA

#7 Sep 6, 2008
why are the fried clams here so good? i have tried several other p[laces nearby and these are by far the best. Somebody please tell me the secret of why one place can be so good and others just awful!
ilovenintendo77

Monomoy Island, MA

#8 Sep 14, 2008
Good fishermans platter and onion rings and less expensive then most around
Mike

Abington, MA

#9 Sep 16, 2008
Where, exactly, is this place? I drive down route 123 towards Rockland almost everyday and I have never noticed it.(Not that I have been looking). Since the demise of Village Seafood and Pizza on the corner of 18 AND 123, Abington has been seriously lacking great seafood take out. This place sounds great.
ilovenintendo77

Monomoy Island, MA

#10 Sep 19, 2008
it is very small, it is a concession trailer like you would see at the fairgrounds and it is located in the same parking lot as abington ice and propane company. i went again and got the clam fritters and chowder and the fritters were awsome. the chowder is a thin chowder like they have in rhode island it was good and buttery!
this place has some serious potential for a small little hut. it reminds me of something you would see in maine near the beaches. the guy said its going to be open year round. Def give it a try!
chuggyandtina

Monomoy Island, MA

#11 Sep 30, 2008
We heard about this place from someone at work and the clams are awesome! We used to go to the Lobster BArn in Abington but honestly that place has gone down hill and this little new place is the best around.Nobody comes close to the quality and taste of those fried clams, and the prices are alot cheaper han most places by alot!The chowder was very tasty also. The guy there is very nice and i hope they make it, its a great concept and the best of luck to them.
calexpo33

Monomoy Island, MA

#12 Nov 7, 2008
get the fried haddock.' huge portion and tasted so fresh. had the lobster roll a month ago, alot of fresh lobster meat in it. its a funny looking place though. the guy working there seems very nice all the time.i spoke with him and he said they were open all year. good luck to that place, i'll be back.
patsy77

Monomoy Island, MA

#13 Nov 17, 2008
the burgers here remind me of the old Eddies Diner in Quincy. Only you older folks like me probably remember that place though. Good luck to these nice folks who own this little place, its different, but nice though.
franksnbeans

Brookline, MA

#14 Jan 2, 2009
the cold shoulder chowder is great
Town Line Take Out Owners

Abington, MA

#15 Mar 23, 2009
Thanks for all the nice comments!
We are open again for the year!
We are Open MArch through November
See you soon!

The Houde Family
Abington MA tree guys

Abington, MA

#16 Apr 13, 2009
you got a good thing going here!
great fried seafood, who would have thought.
wish you owners the best, keep it up.
boston babe2004

Abington, MA

#17 Apr 17, 2009
the best lobster rolls around hands down.
fried clams were delicious and we tried a fried dough (always good)! not good for you though!
gerald1989

Abington, MA

#18 Apr 27, 2009
not a big seafood fan but people i went with said was great clams. just got hot dogs, grilled which is always good and good prices
foodie

Rockland, MA

#19 May 12, 2009
this place is just what i needed/ fried clams delicious -got 6 hot dogs for the kids and handcut fries they loved every bite -i'll be back for the haddock -
hacky and wacky

Malden, MA

#20 Apr 22, 2010
nice to see them open again!!!
sign says year round but apparently not.
stopped in and got some sweet fried whole clams,and a stuffed qhahog. my girls had lobster rolls and raved how fresh they were and loaded with meat. this place is crazy, but its great food

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) May 26 Jennifer Gonzalez 12
News Dealing with Public Disapproval when You Have a... May 4 Regina 1
Sex in weymouth (Jun '14) Apr '16 Jackolanternx 2
News John Blanding/Globe Staff Putting Tubman on the... Apr '16 Currency Exchanged 1
News Reader disappointed with city's decision on Sum... (Jan '08) Apr '16 Jeff Irvine 810 43
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Apr '16 pvalen34 551
Review: Pizza Palace (May '14) May '14 JellySmith 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abington Mortgages