First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Anon

Glade Spring, VA

#1 Jan 30, 2013
Has anyone heard anything about Fred Parkers wife embezzling money from Grundy National?
Duh

Tucker, GA

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Anon wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about Fred Parkers wife embezzling money from Grundy National?

Ever heard of a newspaper??
King Of Grundy

Erwin, TN

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Yes, it has been alleged.
Even If So

Lebanon, VA

#4 Jan 30, 2013
why did the BHC and WCYB find it necessary to drag Mr. Parker's name into it? Sensationalism once again takes over rathher than simply reportingthe story and keeping it factual to the one involved. I am sure Mr.Parker had absolutely nothing to do with this.
huh

Bristol, VA

#5 Jan 30, 2013
I am sure he didn't know a thing. Feel sorry for him.
Maybe Not

Bristol, VA

#6 Jan 30, 2013
How do you know he was not involved? If you came home and found 10,000 dollars in your house that you wife stole would you keep your mouth shut or call the police. I say he is being investigated. Also, when Angel Freddie Parker was the President of United Way he received a check for 6500.00, given to him because his house suffer damage during the tornado even though he had home insurance. Also, his wife's sister works for United Way. I think when you make over 90,000 a year and have home insurance you should not take money from United Way especially if you are the President. I feel that is stealing from the Taxpapers since Washington County gave hundrends of thousands of taxpayers dollars to United Way. I feel sorry for his wife but I sure as hell don't feel sorry for Freddy the Taker Parker. He should resign and get the hell out of Dodge. You break the Law or assist you do the time. Old Freddie release the people names who owed taxes who was running against him and Henry as to assist them in getting re-elected. The News did the right thing letting the public know it was his wife that has been charge and maybe he will get charged too. Thank you WCYB and BHC for informing the public. What goes around comes around.
U KNOW NOT WHAT U SAY

Lebanon, VA

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Maybe Not wrote:
How do you know he was not involved? If you came home and found 10,000 dollars in your house that you wife stole would you keep your mouth shut or call the police. I say he is being investigated. Also, when Angel Freddie Parker was the President of United Way he received a check for 6500.00, given to him because his house suffer damage during the tornado even though he had home insurance. Also, his wife's sister works for United Way. I think when you make over 90,000 a year and have home insurance you should not take money from United Way especially if you are the President. I feel that is stealing from the Taxpapers since Washington County gave hundrends of thousands of taxpayers dollars to United Way. I feel sorry for his wife but I sure as hell don't feel sorry for Freddy the Taker Parker. He should resign and get the hell out of Dodge. You break the Law or assist you do the time. Old Freddie release the people names who owed taxes who was running against him and Henry as to assist them in getting re-elected. The News did the right thing letting the public know it was his wife that has been charge and maybe he will get charged too. Thank you WCYB and BHC for informing the public. What goes around comes around.
You are so wrong. The paper and tv should have reported on the individual involved here, not her husband. If Mr. Parker has done anything wron, let that take it's own course. He is not responsible for her actions and she is not responsible for his. Both are adults and answer for their individual actions. Do you have proof, like copies of United Way cancelled checks showing Mr. Parker took money? If not, keep your mouth shut. ANyonne with half a brain can see by your post that you apparently have an axe to grind. Look, I'm not s supporter of Mr. Parker politically, but I don't think it's is fair to slam anyone ecept the person charged. If he is charged and convicted of sometthing, then feel free to get it off your chest, but until then keep yoour mouth shut. Now if you got tangible proof of something, then put it out there and run your mouth all you want. Otherwise if you can't back it up then keep your mouth shut.
STOP GIVING YOUR MONEY

Lebanon, VA

#8 Jan 30, 2013
I have stopped giving money to any organizaation. I spend directly on the individual or family that I know is in need. That way, I accomplish what I want and I know the money wasn't used to pay all the vultures that rob the charities. It means the family gets the whole dollar, not 20 cents on the dollar. Do it this way and you can do so much more. Quit feeding the Fat Cats.
Tell me Why

Lebanon, VA

#9 Jan 30, 2013
Maybe Not wrote:
How do you know he was not involved? If you came home and found 10,000 dollars in your house that you wife stole would you keep your mouth shut or call the police. I say he is being investigated. Also, when Angel Freddie Parker was the President of United Way he received a check for 6500.00, given to him because his house suffer damage during the tornado even though he had home insurance. Also, his wife's sister works for United Way. I think when you make over 90,000 a year and have home insurance you should not take money from United Way especially if you are the President. I feel that is stealing from the Taxpapers since Washington County gave hundrends of thousands of taxpayers dollars to United Way. I feel sorry for his wife but I sure as hell don't feel sorry for Freddy the Taker Parker. He should resign and get the hell out of Dodge. You break the Law or assist you do the time. Old Freddie release the people names who owed taxes who was running against him and Henry as to assist them in getting re-elected. The News did the right thing letting the public know it was his wife that has been charge and maybe he will get charged too. Thank you WCYB and BHC for informing the public. What goes around comes around.
Tell me why you feel sorry for her, please. and what is her sister's name that works at UW?
Meadowview Resident

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jan 30, 2013
STOP GIVING YOUR MONEY wrote:
I have stopped giving money to any organizaation. I spend directly on the individual or family that I know is in need. That way, I accomplish what I want and I know the money wasn't used to pay all the vultures that rob the charities. It means the family gets the whole dollar, not 20 cents on the dollar. Do it this way and you can do so much more. Quit feeding the Fat Cats.
If you are a property owner in Washington County, Va you are required to give to the United Way whether you want to or not. They just add it on to your tax bill. Last year the Board of Supervisors gave $350,000 to the United Way.
What

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jan 31, 2013
Maybe Not wrote:
How do you know he was not involved? If you came home and found 10,000 dollars in your house that you wife stole would you keep your mouth shut or call the police. I say he is being investigated. Also, when Angel Freddie Parker was the President of United Way he received a check for 6500.00, given to him because his house suffer damage during the tornado even though he had home insurance. Also, his wife's sister works for United Way. I think when you make over 90,000 a year and have home insurance you should not take money from United Way especially if you are the President. I feel that is stealing from the Taxpapers since Washington County gave hundrends of thousands of taxpayers dollars to United Way. I feel sorry for his wife but I sure as hell don't feel sorry for Freddy the Taker Parker. He should resign and get the hell out of Dodge. You break the Law or assist you do the time. Old Freddie release the people names who owed taxes who was running against him and Henry as to assist them in getting re-elected. The News did the right thing letting the public know it was his wife that has been charge and maybe he will get charged too. Thank you WCYB and BHC for informing the public. What goes around comes around.
Facts:
1. He and his family are Washington County residents.
2. He was the President of the United Way.
3. He and his family lost their home in the terrible tornado event that took lots of homes.
4. The United Way helped those families.
Are you saying that he stole money from the United Way? or Are you saying that the United Way helped him and his family?
Make sure you have your facts before you reply!
grits

Elizabethton, TN

#12 Jan 31, 2013
What goes around comes around.
Maybe Not

Bristol, VA

#13 Jan 31, 2013
I am saying he should have not taken any money from the United Way for his home. Period. He has home insurance and he makes plenty of money. I would have rather seen someone else get the money that really needs it. Also, the county IS NOT required to give your money to any organization that I know of. Post the code of Virginia that says they have to do it. This is taxpayer's money which is to be used to run our county. Go to United Way and ask them for a list of people who received money and post it here. It is public information. As for wanting some facts why don't some of you people get off you lazy behinds and go check it out for yourself. You people have no clue what facts are. Go check it out. All you can say is poor Freddie Parker. You need to look deeper into this. There is a lot of crazy stuff that goes on this county and it is people like you that are too lazy to check it out or investigate. It is time for the citizens to demand our county government to quit wasting and spending our money on stupid things. Why do we give money to people who don't need it? If you are an elected official of Washington County and you wife is charged with a crime I think that is news. Don't know why people think you should hide it from the public. I don't think Freddie Parker should have released a list of taxes owed on people running for a office either especially when some of them was an error on his part. Like I say what goes around comes around.
Maybe Not

Bristol, VA

#14 Jan 31, 2013
Tell me Why wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me why you feel sorry for her, please. and what is her sister's name that works at UW?
I feel sorry for her because she married Freddie Parker.
King Of Grundy

Erwin, TN

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Loyal subjects, the offense would be forgivable if it had not been the Bank of GRUNDY.
Let Me Be Frank with you

Lebanon, VA

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Maybe Not wrote:
I am saying he should have not taken any money from the United Way for his home. Period. He has home insurance and he makes plenty of money. I would have rather seen someone else get the money that really needs it. Also, the county IS NOT required to give your money to any organization that I know of. Post the code of Virginia that says they have to do it. This is taxpayer's money which is to be used to run our county. Go to United Way and ask them for a list of people who received money and post it here. It is public information. As for wanting some facts why don't some of you people get off you lazy behinds and go check it out for yourself. You people have no clue what facts are. Go check it out. All you can say is poor Freddie Parker. You need to look deeper into this. There is a lot of crazy stuff that goes on this county and it is people like you that are too lazy to check it out or investigate. It is time for the citizens to demand our county government to quit wasting and spending our money on stupid things. Why do we give money to people who don't need it? If you are an elected official of Washington County and you wife is charged with a crime I think that is news. Don't know why people think you should hide it from the public. I don't think Freddie Parker should have released a list of taxes owed on people running for a office either especially when some of them was an error on his part. Like I say what goes around comes around.
You are just so full of sh*t and bitter. You have an axe to grind for whatever reason, people don't blame you because your wife ***** a ****** do they, so why blame Mr. Parker for what his wife is accused of doing? As for the United Way money to tornado victims, it is completely proper that they help ALL victims, not single them out by any economic, social,racial, ethnic or other criteria. Now, if Mr. Parker chose not to accept, then you could say that would have been a noble move on his part. Here's one thing you have no clue about, regardless of what someone's income is, you don't always know what their debt level (be it frugil or extravagant) is. So, you can spew off all you want and really, nobody is really giving any creedence to what you say. You see, your mean sprited talk shows you have a personal grudge for whatever reason against this man. Now, as far as releasing names of people who won't pay their taxses, you need to read the Va Code on this--he's doing his job. Yes, perhaps a name or two may have been listed that were in error, but if so, the paper will always print a note stating the error. Maybe you are one of those buttholes that used to have a county job and got booted or one of your family members either didn't get a county job or such, but then again, you probably are one of those pos that want everything from the government yet won't pay your taxes. Either way, nobody cares about your griping. Would you like some cheese with your whine?
Duder

Johnson City, TN

#17 Jan 31, 2013
STOP GIVING YOUR MONEY wrote:
I have stopped giving money to any organizaation. I spend directly on the individual or family that I know is in need. That way, I accomplish what I want and I know the money wasn't used to pay all the vultures that rob the charities. It means the family gets the whole dollar, not 20 cents on the dollar. Do it this way and you can do so much more. Quit feeding the Fat Cats.
You're a smart one! I do the same because, as you wrote, only a percentage of what we were giving makes it to those who NEED it
Maybe Not

Bristol, VA

#18 Jan 31, 2013
He release it to the Bristol paper during the election. He had plenty of time to release it before and after. You are the one that is full of crap So now you are the one to decide who will decide about my so call griping. I am just telling like it is. If you feel it is OK for the county to give money to United Way which Fred Parker is the President who in turn get 6500.00 then you are probably sleeping with him. Yes, I feel it should be based on need not personal wealth. It just shows you what kind of a man he is. Most likely you are receiving something from the government too. No, I would not have a county job and take from the taxpayers. But even if I was so what. The last time I look out the door I am still in America and I can voice my opinion just like you. You just don't like your friend being exposed. You can bet there is more to come.
Maybe Not

Bristol, VA

#19 Jan 31, 2013
King Of Grundy wrote:
Loyal subjects, the offense would be forgivable if it had not been the Bank of GRUNDY.
Now just how did you come to that conclusion.
Maybe Not

Bristol, VA

#20 Jan 31, 2013
Meadowview Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a property owner in Washington County, Va you are required to give to the United Way whether you want to or not. They just add it on to your tax bill. Last year the Board of Supervisors gave $350,000 to the United Way.
Where did you get this information at? I have never ever heard that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 5 hr Eternal truth 28,995
BVU Stacy Pomerenke Thread Removed???? 9 hr ??? 301
Abingdon Police 10 hr Law Abiding Citizen 16
looking for tim (Dec '15) 17 hr I know 10
Mandie anderson (Jan '14) 20 hr Jeremy 120
where are all the good pokemons?? Fri grown ass adult 8
I need a list of compaines in the Abingdon and ... (May '12) Thu Thor 31

Abingdon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abingdon Mortgages