walk a day in my shoes

Bristol, TN

#21 Jan 4, 2010
what about, you are the trash I am talking about. It isn't my fault smoking was eliminated so don't take it out on me, instead take out your frustrations on the voting booth next time. You are exactly WHO needs to go to the burger king drive thru if you are so trashy you can't leave a tip. and to ADMIT it makes you even worse!
god is ood

Abingdon, VA

#22 Jan 4, 2010
wadims-would you please start you another forum about your tips? pray god will help you. i am trying to find me a place to get my soul fed not my stomach.thank-you.i don,t have any little kids and my husband and i leave a tip even if we wait on ourselves.have you tried to go to collage and better yourself?
Carol

AOL

#23 Jan 5, 2010
Those incidents would make one want to pull their hair out or quit. I had my share of unruley kids but they were one in maybe 75 customers. If we had a family trying what you describe, after about the 2nd attempt our manager took the bill and told them they would no longer be served at our restaurant.(in regards to the food game) There is no law against that, just ones afraid of law suits and tell you to smile and agree with the customer no matter how wrong they are, but I will say it took guts to tell a family that and nothing happened. Deadbeats like that just find another restaurant and play their game. There are still a lot of restaurants that don't do tips as you described and I know for a fact a college girl this past month that made over 200. for a Sat/Sunday shift at a restaurant in Bristol that does not sell alcohol. I'd have to find another job, if I had to share my tips like that and you know most customers wouldn't have a clue they were tipping the buss boy but thats not their place to have to make up for 2 peoples low pay. Its the greedy restaurants rules for not paying a buss boy mini- wage. Its the hardest job I ever did physically, but I did enjoy it while in school.
NBL

Ferrum, VA

#24 Jan 7, 2010
Looked at the church sign. The church name is Shady Grove, Service times are 10:00 am Sunday morning, 6:00 Sunday Evening, and Tuesday Evenings at 7:00 The pastors name is Adam Wise, I think...
Hope that helps
time

Johnson City, TN

#25 Jan 13, 2010
God Is Good wrote:
could someone please tell me what time this church has service.about what- would say you are welcome to, the address is posted above.
Sunday morning @ 10 am . Sunday night @ 6 pm and Tuesday night @ 7pm . No church on wed therefore u can visit other churches on wed. most of our area has wed night service.
time

Johnson City, TN

#26 Jan 13, 2010
sorry i didnt read the second page before posting.
I know the pastor there. He took the church less than a year ago. Hes a young man and on fire for the LORD. I really dont think u will be disappointed. He doesnt worry over money, hes says the LORD will provide. He doesnt push denomination either. He started with a few members and it has built up from there. Im not a member but a friend and sister in CHRIST. I have heard him preach many times and really enjoyed it. I would be there myself but was already a member at another church when adam got the call. I do support him and his ministry and am considering making it my home church.GOD BLESS YOU.
1 Abingdon Res

Johnson City, TN

#27 Jan 14, 2010
NBL wrote:
Looked at the church sign. The church name is Shady Grove, Service times are 10:00 am Sunday morning, 6:00 Sunday Evening, and Tuesday Evenings at 7:00 The pastors name is Adam Wise, I think...
Hope that helps
I don't normally attend Holiness churches but my husband and I have been considering attending Adam's service one Sunday I have heard very good things about him, they say he broke off from Antioch House of Prayer (pastor Jason Nunley) who is all about the money and old fashion ways (no makerup, long hair) and is provding the same strong sermons without the hypicritical ways.
oooyougotserved

Springfield, TN

#28 Jan 14, 2010
I have seen people like this plenty of times. It is a shame a server has to deal with this kind of attitude. I'd say some of these people think since it is not their place, they shouldn't have to clean it up. Can you imagine what their house looks inside? But I think anyone who eats in a resteraunt should tip. I also think that a church person is only spreading God's word for your eternal life's benefit. We all want you to go to heaven. I pray God gives you good tipping customers and maybe they will not be as messy in the future. Not all Christians are greedy and stuck up. But if they leave a track on your table, they are really just looking out for you. Have a blessed day!
TooBlessed2BeStr essed

Bristol, VA

#29 Jan 19, 2010
Eagle Soars Ministry on the West end of town across from the fairgrounds is a good pentecostal church affiliated with the Church of God organization in Cleveland TN. Services are on Sundays 10am-Sunday School 11am-Morning Worship and 6pm-Evening Worship. Wednesday nights at 7pm. In Bristol, Higher Ground Fellowship is also a good pentecostal church also affiliated with COG. Their services are the same as above.

People should not be so rude about other people's beliefs. I bet if your work tells you to wear khaki pants and a blue shirt you wear it don't you? Yes, there are people in our church who believe that a woman should wear a skirt. I do wear a skirt to church but I wear my pants to work and other places. It is a skirt, not a leash or label. I have seen too many people get mad and leave a church over something as silly as pants. If I am going to get up in front of the church to speak or sing, I wear my skirt, because I want to bless others, not offend them.

Please don't flame me for what I believe.
no money

Abingdon, VA

#30 Jan 19, 2010
i heared a preacher say one time that a skirt would come off just as fast as a pair of pants if a person didn,t have anything in their heart, thats where its at in the heart.
1badmouse

Murfreesboro, TN

#31 Jan 28, 2010
how did this go from looking for a church to being about how rude "church" people are ?
but i do have to agree that "church" people are some of the rudes customers and drivers i have ever seen...dont belive me...go to wal mart aroung 1 or 2 on sunday,guys in suits with jesus saves pins flip you the bird over a parking space...
my daughters wait tables and some of you should be smacked in the back of the head.
they would rather work sat night and wait on the drunks than deal with the "church" people on sunday.
no money

Abingdon, VA

#32 Jan 28, 2010
1badmouse wrote:
how did this go from looking for a church to being about how rude "church" people are ?
but i do have to agree that "church" people are some of the rudes customers and drivers i have ever seen...dont belive me...go to wal mart aroung 1 or 2 on sunday,guys in suits with jesus saves pins flip you the bird over a parking space...
my daughters wait tables and some of you should be smacked in the back of the head.
they would rather work sat night and wait on the drunks than deal with the "church" people on sunday.
you had better check yourself. You hate christians.Go be a police, see what they put up with the siners.
preacher

Richlands, VA

#33 Jan 28, 2010
i would suggest harvest time holiness church @ exit 19 I think. Its right beside the interstate
white block church.the pastor is Bro. John Godbey.
1badmouse

Murfreesboro, TN

#34 Jan 29, 2010
why do you say i hate christians ? i have a strong dislike for "church" people.a true christian dosent act like that.

as as a matter of fact i work full time as a bouncer in a bar.so i know about both "church" people and drunks.
crazy

Johnson City, TN

#35 Feb 4, 2010
have you found a church you like?
FED-UP

Johnson City, TN

#36 Feb 9, 2010
i agree with the servers! they have a living to earn too! The more you are good to your servers the better the service, coming by asking if everything is okay keeping your drink glass full and with a smile on their face! Thats good customer service i say!
shewwww

Abingdon, VA

#37 Feb 11, 2010
If I die at the table, I drowned with all the drink the waitress brought. And don,t you love that fake smile and someone disturbuing you and your conversation every few minutes.
SWVA-friend

La Vergne, TN

#38 Feb 28, 2010
There is a church in Bristol that you should try......Covenant Fellowship Church of God. It is located on Gate City highway, near the Bristol Mall-there is a great group of folks that you'll find very humble and friendly!
God Is Good wrote:
looking for a good holiness church to atend in abingdon or bristol area.pefer humble church people.
wonder why

Johnson City, TN

#39 Feb 28, 2010
walk a day in my shoes wrote:
thats not how it works. restaurants only pay us $2.13 per hour and all that goes towards tax. life is not abundant when you stiff me and I can't pay my bills.
if you don't have an extra 3 or 5 dollars, then get it to go, don't sit there for an hour and take up my table. better yet go through a drive-thru.
and it is "accept Christ" not except. Except is used such as: I enjoy waiting tables except on Sundays when church people stiff me all day long.
....well for one thing, i believe the restaurants should have to pay minimum wage like everone else..if you dont like working for an owner who pays you only 2.13 an hour than dont blame the patron..you take your a.. on down the road and work at mcdonalds..people pay enough for their meals in restaurants especially in these days and times...i leave what i think is resonable and dont really have to even do that..ive waited tables before and learned to go and better myself...lol dont take up time at my table...i know how people like you talk after a table has gone and only left you a couple dollars..heck if it had been me id left you a penny for your thoughts..maybe better service next time..
no money

Abingdon, VA

#40 Mar 1, 2010
crazy wrote:
have you found a church you like?
yes I have.Thank everyone who tried to help' I hope that waitress finds peace with herself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Civil War 19 min Dave 3
Mark @ CVS 28 min scripts2 7
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 41 min Eternal truth 63,562
Ollie 1 hr Grandma 26
I said this last fall before the Trump win and... 1 hr Proud Democrat 5
Last Post Wins (Aug '09) 2 hr texas pete 45
Mid-mountain (Apr '10) 6 hr Little Johnson 31

Abingdon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance