help with child support court
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
not a deadbeat dad

Murfreesboro, TN

#27 Jul 5, 2012
hay look here

exactly what is the "right thing" by my daughter ? go back and read what i have already said about my payments.

i took my retirement as a lump sum and bought her a house.and as a matter of fact it was a good sum.

dod furnished her medical coverage,and the state still has not told we what the fee is for...as far as i know her mother never recived tanf.

if the $85 was added when she was still a minor i wouldnt care. but the state of va waited almost 5 years to suddenly add this to the support order.

now to the few that have emailed me with actual helpfull information,i greatly thank you and i will contact the people asap.
u need to

Abingdon, VA

#28 Jul 6, 2012
not a deadbeat dad wrote:
hay look here
exactly what is the "right thing" by my daughter ? go back and read what i have already said about my payments.
i took my retirement as a lump sum and bought her a house.and as a matter of fact it was a good sum.
dod furnished her medical coverage,and the state still has not told we what the fee is for...as far as i know her mother never recived tanf.
if the $85 was added when she was still a minor i wouldnt care. but the state of va waited almost 5 years to suddenly add this to the support order.
now to the few that have emailed me with actual helpfull information,i greatly thank you and i will contact the people asap.
be thakful the state is not adding interest to the debt you owe. Pay up
not a deadbeat dad

Murfreesboro, TN

#29 Jul 6, 2012
how is it my debt ? i have paid what i was told to by the divorce court.
sam

Atlanta, GA

#30 Jul 6, 2012
the state can try to get the money for the tanf ..but there is a law in va that says they can not lock you up for oweing a debt such as you do ..i went down this same road and whene the court saw it was not child support it was turned over to a civil matter ...
Go for it

Netherlands

#31 Jul 7, 2012
Free room & board, medical, etc.
Mother of One

Summerville, SC

#32 Oct 10, 2012
I understand what you are you saying. Seeing my parents go through a similar situation, if you do not petition the court when your child turns 18 the child support continues to add up. A lot of people do not know this but you have to petition the court to drop the child support order when the child or children turn 18. However you should be able to receive a credit like they did my father and in your case you would just not have a debt at all. I know I am very late replying on this but I hope everything worked out for you. Everyone like to beat up on the dads but what about the moms who do nothing for their kids. I know some and I applaud you. I wish my dad would have done a third of what you did for your daughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Government shutdown 1 hr TN BOY 7
Why is almost every redneck a Republican? (Nov '10) 2 hr Oh Yeah 172
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 4 hr Quills 64,262
4 Word Game (Sep '09) 5 hr So_da_lish_us 135
Willow Run Recommendations (Feb '11) 5 hr TN BOY 25
Who is he somebody's got to know him 13 hr Ya know 5
Teresa Boyd and Rick are POS informants Sat DeputyDawg 4

Abingdon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance