not a deadbeat dad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

i find that i am in need of advice or help with a very unreasonable child support court.
facts:
i was ordered to pay $225 for my daughter in 1996.
i paid it till she was 18 1/2 and got out of school,and have records to prove it .she is now 26,married has 2 sons and works for stone henge heath care in lynchburg.
i have a 5 yr old son that is with me full time and has had no mother in the picture for the last 3 yrs,i have full custody of him and am fully responsable for him.
i am also the care taker of my 88 yr old grandmother,she is still up and around but cant take full care of her self without a little help.
last year i made $14,600, and filed my taxes.
now the child support enforcement people have came after me for almost $15,000 they say i owe in back child support,it is for "health care and tanif" according to them and is owed to the state of va.they took me to court in june and the judge didnt even let my lawyer(court appointed i might add)speak.
i was found to be guilty of contempt and given an order to pay $3000 by aug 1st or spend 180 days in jail.there is no way i can do this.they have also taken my drivers licence and the dmv refuses to issue me tags for my truck.
they are going to put my son in foster care and my grandmother in a nursing home and me in jail for 6 months.
i still do not understand how they can do this, someone please help me.
Just Me

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

not a deadbeat dad wrote:
i find that i am in need of advice or help with a very unreasonable child support court.
facts:
i paid it till she was 18 1/2 and got out of school,and have records to prove it .she is now 26,married has 2 sons and works for stone henge heath care in lynchburg.
i have a 5 yr old son that is with me full time and has had no mother in the picture for the last 3 yrs,i have full custody of him and am fully responsable for him.
i am also the care taker of my 88 yr old grandmother,she is still up and around but cant take full care of her self without a little help.
now the child support enforcement people have came after me for almost $15,000 they say i owe in back child support,it is for "health care and tanif" according to them and is owed to the state of va.they took me to court in june and the judge didnt even let my lawyer(court appointed i might add)speak.
i was found to be guilty of contempt and given an order to pay $3000 by aug 1st or spend 180 days in jail.there is no way i can do this.they have also taken my drivers licence and the dmv refuses to issue me tags for my truck.
they are going to put my son in foster care and my grandmother in a nursing home and me in jail for 6 months.
I have a friend that's a lawyer and she specializes in this. She is out of town until tonight. I will read this to her and see is she can help you out. Best of luck!
rosie

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Did you pay the child support through the support office or directly to the mother? It sounds to me like she was signed up on TANF while you were paying support directly to her. If this is true, she screwed you big time. You need to get the receipts where you payed her directly and take them to the child support office (make sure you keep copies). If you can prove you payed her support while she received TANF they will pursue her for the reimbursement. TANF only kicks in if the person ordered to pay support doesn't pay.
not a deadbeat dad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

all of my payments went through the cs office.
i have been told that since they have a judgement that there is NOTHING i can do but pay them.
theres just no legal way to produce $3k in 45 days.
Vol

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

I don't understand how you can be guilty of contempt if you paid child support through the child support office. Did they garnish your check and did you provide the medical of your daughter?
not a deadbeat dad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

i was never ordered to pay medical,i didnt make enought money. they say im guilty of contempt for not paying this "new" arreage they came up with.
i havent paid support for 7 yrs,now i own all this arreage.
Vol

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

I think you have the right to see proof of where you owe that arearage. It doesn't make sense that you paid until she was 18 and now suddenly they came up with all this back pay. Something doesn't sound right.
not a deadbeat dad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

they have went back and added $85 per month,then they added intrest and penelties to it. according to the judge i owe almost $15,000.
if it went to my daughter i wouldnt care,but according to the papers it goes back to the state.
the part i can not understand is how they can wait 6 yrs to say i owe this.
but the real problem is they are going to put me in jail if i do not have the $3000 by aug 1st.how can they just put my 5yr old in a foster home and my grandmother in a nursing home ? ive not broken any laws,and my son is very well taken care of,im all he has and the court dosent care. all they want is money.my son and i are thinking of moving but that dosent help my grandmother.
we live with her and help with cooking and her meds,shes mostly able to care for herself but her mind isnt there some days.

without some real help i will have to become a crimilal,either by taking money that isnt mine or running from the court.
not a deadbeat dad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

ive been looking for help or advice on line.
everything i have found is how to take everything your ex has and how to collect "all" your owed.

and just for the record...i get no help for my son from anybody,no child support,no food stamps,no healthcare, we make it all on our own.
i do work on the farm and fix a few cars so i do have income and we live ok,but i cant get a loan the banks say i dont make enough and i have had no credit since our divorce.and now i cant even drive.
My 2 Cents

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

theres just no legal way to produce $3k in 45 days.
Why not? You can probably make $50 on a shift at McDonald's or Burger King. Wash cars, find yard work, do anything legal Set a goal for your self of $100 a day everyday for the next 45 days. That's $3000 for the court and $1500 to live off. The truth is if you don't pay this back you really are a deadbeat dad. The taxpayers should not have to pay YOUR kid.
not a deadbeat dad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

2 cents...
what am i sopposed to do with the full time job i have here ? you dont seem to get it...it wasnt part of the support i was told to pay when we divorced,i paid the amount i was ordered and some extra as a matter of fact.(for 12 yrs) i have records showing just over $42,000 paid in by me.
how is it legal for the state to add $85 to our agreement and wait for years to tell me anything about it ? and what am i to do with my son while im working a 3rd job to pay the state ?

amd as a matter of fact i AM THE TAXPAYER.
More Honest Truth

Chilhowie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

My 2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? You can probably make $50 on a shift at McDonald's or Burger King. Wash cars, find yard work, do anything legal Set a goal for your self of $100 a day everyday for the next 45 days. That's $3000 for the court and $1500 to live off. The truth is if you don't pay this back you really are a deadbeat dad. The taxpayers should not have to pay YOUR kid.
You're an idiot!! I bet you're a female with multiple baby daddys.
not a deadbeat dad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

please dont act stupid on this thread.
i am looking for real help here,go play games elsewhere.leave this to the grown ups.
First thing you do

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

facts:
is APPEAL that court ruling IMMEDIATELY, you only have ten days but do it IMMEDIATELY. Not that this will eliminate the debt that you DO APPARENTLY OWE. Just maybe get you a better payment plan.
1badmouse

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

the attorney i had told me that it was a waste of time to appeal the ruling. now to much time has passed(over 10 days).
what i really want to find out is what law gives them the right to go back and change our agreement,especially after almost 5 yrs have passed.

i cannot understand the reasoning behind this order,they would rather put my son and grandmother in state homes than even look at my paperwork.
heres what you are missin

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

1badmouse wrote:
the attorney i had told me that it was a waste of time to appeal the ruling. now to much time has passed(over 10 days).
what i really want to find out is what law gives them the right to go back and change our agreement,especially after almost 5 yrs have passed.
i cannot understand the reasoning behind this order,they would rather put my son and grandmother in state homes than even look at my paperwork.
it's not about someone changing any agreement on what you would pay-----it's about what the TAXPAYERS spent on your family....... the state has every right to collect every dollar in whatevet thype of assistance they provided to your family members, dependents, etc.... example , based on your abilityat the time, the court says you can afford to pay 200 a month to your family of ever how many because youneed to be able to live too,, BUT your family gets assistance/tanf, medicaid or whatever from the state kicked in, well that stuff ain't falling out of the sky----it's taxpayer dollars,,,,,,,,YOU are responsible to raise/provide for your offspring, not other taxpayers, so the state has every right to go after every dollar they put out on your family or anyone elses. MAN UP-- offer a reasonable payment plan then stick to it and you will not go to jail.......If you can't support kids on your own, DON'T have them
not a deadbeat dad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

ok first of all i DID provide for my daughter.
paid my support every month,paid for her braces,paid for her first car,gave her the down payment on her house.
so if you think i did not support her you can go to hell with the rest of the assholes in abingdon.

you expect me to belive the state spend $85 every month on my daughter...more bullshit.
this is exactly the problem i had with the court,EVERYBODY just thinks the state is ALWAYS right.
My 2 Cents

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

ok first of all i DID provide for my daughter.
paid my support every month,paid for her braces,paid for her first car,gave her the down payment on her house.
so if you think i did not support her you can go to hell with the rest of the assholes in abingdon.
you expect me to belive the state spend $85 every month on my daughter...more bullshit.
this is exactly the problem i had with the court,EVERYBODY just thinks the state is ALWAYS right.
I'm confused. First you tell us you make only 14,600 a year and have a court appointed lawyer. Now you say you have paid for braces, a car, and a down payment on a house. If you paid 225 a month for child care, that was only $2700 a year. I still think YOU ARE a deadbeat dad and now you want free legal advice to get you out of your responsibility. Have you done anything in the last couple of days to try to come up with the money? When you get to jail just remember, what Bubba does to you is what you did to you family and the taxpayers for 18 years.
not a deadbeat dad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

my 2 cents if you were here id smack you in the mouth.

i am retired from the marine corps now. yes i made $14,600 last year,and that was from the farm i live on.the lump sum from my retirement went to purchase my daughter a home of her own.

i have no fear of bubba or you.ive have a lot of real experance handeling that bullshit,it was my job for almost 21 years.

the constution i defended says ex pos facto laws are illegal,but i guess in this ass backwards good ol boy town that dosend matter....especially when the state gets the money.
Look Here --

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

my 2 cents if you were here id smack you in the mouth.
i am retired from the marine corps now. yes i made $14,600 last year,and that was from the farm i live on.the lump sum from my retirement went to purchase my daughter a home of her own.
i have no fear of bubba or you.ive have a lot of real experance handeling that bullshit,it was my job for almost 21 years.
the constution i defended says ex pos facto laws are illegal,but i guess in this ass backwards good ol boy town that dosend matter....especially when the state gets the money.
ther more you say, the more ignorant you appear. first of all, if you had done the reight thing by your family, you would not be crying on here. if yu can't or don't intend to fully support a child then don't bring one into this world. when you say you made 14 K or so, but you're retired from the marines something here doesn't add up. if you were retired from the marines you would be drawing down a very good amount. now if you were just thrown out of the marines which may be more likely, then you probably ain't gettin crap to talk about.

Besides let's say that the state wanted $85 per month extra from you for taking care of your kid, you know thru medicaid - tanf- and all the other assistance provided figure it out buddy, that ain't crap----you can't provide for a kid for the amount you are getting by with. So now is the time for you to shut the F up and Pay up like a man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Abingdon Forum right now

Search the Abingdon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I want a divorce 9 hr serioisly 58
Josh Johnson 10 hr hhhmmm 111
ahs ????? 10 hr Retraction 38
Any lesbians around abingdon?? 15 hr Rosie ODonnell 3
moose lodge 15 hr DIY 33
Does anyone know if call centers do a backgroun... (Sep '11) 16 hr kesha 18
Election time 17 hr Retired 1
•••
•••