Mike Hall

Patrick Mannix

First Prev
of 28
Next Last
new yankee order

AOL

#1 Oct 10, 2007
We need a change Newman is the hachett man of Southwest Virginia. He has fired 170 deputies over 5 years each time he does that It costs the tax payers 5000.00 in training and in other costs.
Tax Payer

Johnson City, TN

#2 Oct 10, 2007
Where is the "none of the above" choice?
dyrvulf

Emory, VA

#3 Oct 11, 2007
Fred Newman is the biggest liar that has ever worn the Sheriffs office uniform. His excuse for high turnover is holding officers accountable for their ethics yet he has a guy who banged his own brother's wife for a sergeant and a lieutenant over school resource who was arrested for shoplifting at Wal-Mart. Newman has gone after a lot of deputies for sexual misconduct without any complaints except that he doesn't like them personally yet complaints have been made against deputies he has a personal interest in and he says he can't get involved. What a backbiting liar! Time for some real leadership.
washcocitizen

North Augusta, SC

#4 Oct 11, 2007
Sheriff Newman deserves a win. He has high standards for his office and that is the reason for his high turnover. If he hadn't fired these deputies, what would the office be like??? Sheriff Newman has too many people to deal with and too many idiots who don't know what really goes on in Washingon County. To you idiots: you should be thanking the sheriff for what he has done for you and for me. This county is a much better place to live in. The drug problem is becoming more exposed and the streets are becoming more safe for our children.
Another Citizen

Abingdon, VA

#5 Oct 12, 2007
Finally, someone with some sense comes on here! More people need to speak out for Sheriff Newman. He's doing a fine job and by the way, he's out in the community ALL THE TIME!
concerned

United States

#6 Oct 12, 2007
I think Sheriff Fred Newman is doing a fantastic job!! Fair and honest man. He is taking a stand on drugs and crime by taking dirty cops off the street!! THANKS SHERIFF NEWMAN!!
outsider

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Oct 14, 2007
I am voting for Hall and not Mr. Arrogant Newman who is the worst sheriff ever. Fair--just ask L.J. Doss and his brothers wife..yep he is fair alright. Honest--just ask Blaine Tate about shoplifting oops I mean honest, How about the all the people he has hired and then gotten rid of. Sounds to me like he has improved his hiring practices by experience. I am a democrat and I WILL stray my lines to put this man out of office!!!! A whole lot of brother democrats I know are going to stray on this election. I am not really voting for Hall--just voting against Newmanand I even have a Newman sign in my yard out of fear that they will try to get me.
Trojan

Palmyra, VA

#8 Oct 14, 2007
Personally, I am tired of Sheriff "movie star" Newman and all of his crap. As a tax payer, I'm tired of him spending all of our money to train new deputies to replace the ones that he fires for "personal" reasons. And how much is he paying the deputies to run the interstate on their day off? Couldn't they earn the same overtime working in the communities where they're needed? How about setting aside more money for a bigger drug investigations department or for security for our schools? Oh, and don't forget that he just gave himself a huge raise. I'm not by any means a republican either, but if voting for Hall will get rid of the Newman-ites then that's what I intend to do, and encourage all of my fellow citizens to do as well. I've read some of Hall's literature and I'm very impressed. He seems to be a family man, well educated, and well intentioned. He couldn't be any worse than what we've got now.
country boy

Lebanon, VA

#9 Oct 15, 2007
WANNA BET !!!!!!!!!!
concerned in Abingdon

United States

#10 Oct 15, 2007
I think the poll at the top of this page speaks for itself!! Go Sheriff Newman!!
dyrvulf

Emory, VA

#11 Oct 15, 2007
When consulting the Herald Courier about his turnover rate compared to local agencies, the term "backwoods redneck agencies" was exchanged in reference to Russell and Smyth counties. That definitely sounds like Newman language and it came straight from Andrea Hopkins mouth. The Herald approves the turnover due to sexual misconduct but doesn't think there's a problem with excusing L.J. Doss for it. Imagine having a supervisor ratting you out for living with your girlfriend and causing your termination and then finding out his wife was on Avens bridge threatening to jump off over the whole mess. What a bunch of losers.
dyrvulf

Emory, VA

#12 Oct 15, 2007
How boutcha on that country boy?
dyrvulf

Emory, VA

#13 Oct 15, 2007
Dear concerned.........I think it's funny that the total vote count tripled right before you posted your comment about the total being in Fred's favor. P.S. if it's you or not, we know that you and Mark Graham are sending the anonymous letters. Only seven people knew about the debate mentioned in the last letter. Heads up....slick! LAAAANNNNDDDDSSSSLLLIIIDDDEEEE !80 to 20. November 6. Only Fred Newman uses "concerned" to explain being a jealous, backbiting, cutthroat piece.
dyrvulf

Emory, VA

#14 Oct 15, 2007
Fred Newman says "no one is above the law". Except him I guess. Here's a list of Washington County and City of Bristol charges against Newman while in office. GV07000549-00 Warrant in debt-Bristol, GV07000350-00 Warrant in debt-Bristol, GC03001905 fail to obey court order-Wash co, GC00010445-00 mobile home/expired permit-Wash co, GV01000802-00 ????? Wash co. All of these are in the Va court system. Look em up.

“Editor”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#15 Oct 15, 2007
Not takeing any one's side.. But not ever one is perfect. Whats your name? bet it I ran it someting would come back.
country boy

Abingdon, VA

#16 Oct 15, 2007
How many of these offenses was Newman found guilty of and who took out the warrants ???????
dyrvulf

Emory, VA

#17 Oct 16, 2007
Agent 7 not everyone is perfect, true, but not everyone is a criminal hiding behind a sheriffs office badge like Newman. Money grabbin' backbiter too. As for convicted, country, how's the sheriff gonna get convicted? Are you naive? Newman gets on TV and paper and shows a man charged with a bunch of crimes. Charges are later dropped but no one sees Newman get on the news and tell that. Or charges against Anna Gae, his daughter, reckless driving and disturbing the peace that were thrown out while Newman was a Deputy. Somebody's gotta stop this bullsh*t!!!!!!! The rest of us would be hammered for shoplifting at Wal-Mart like Lt. Blaine Tate or made to look like a bunch of thugs for being charged with offenses that Fred and his daughter have had dismissed because of political power. That is clear cut abuse of that power. Anyone disagree? I'll buy you a third class ticket to Russia or China, they like that stuff there.

Since: Oct 07

North Augusta, SC

#18 Oct 16, 2007
dyrvulf wrote:
Agent 7 not everyone is perfect, true, but not everyone is a criminal hiding behind a sheriffs office badge like Newman. Money grabbin' backbiter too. As for convicted, country, how's the sheriff gonna get convicted? Are you naive? Newman gets on TV and paper and shows a man charged with a bunch of crimes. Charges are later dropped but no one sees Newman get on the news and tell that. Or charges against Anna Gae, his daughter, reckless driving and disturbing the peace that were thrown out while Newman was a Deputy. Somebody's gotta stop this bullsh*t!!!!!!! The rest of us would be hammered for shoplifting at Wal-Mart like Lt. Blaine Tate or made to look like a bunch of thugs for being charged with offenses that Fred and his daughter have had dismissed because of political power. That is clear cut abuse of that power. Anyone disagree? I'll buy you a third class ticket to Russia or China, they like that stuff there.
Now Roger, you are sadly mistaken about the sheriff and his daughter. I went to school with Anna Gae and she has not gotten out of all of her speeding tickets. I'll admit, when she received her first ticket, she got out of it, but the Sheriff wasn't even Sheriff then and the Sheriff made sure that the deputies didn't discriminate against who got a ticket and who didn't. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!
Roger, it sounds like you have something more personal against the Sheriff and I'd like to know what that is. Your name-calling and accusations are so off and I hate to think what kind of person you really are. Please, lay off the Sheriff. It's one thing to support another candidate, but it's another to falsely drag someone's name in the mud. Please grow up and start acting like a man instead of a little girl.
dyrvulf

Emory, VA

#19 Oct 16, 2007
My facts are straight, maybe Fred should get his facts straight before doing things like charging Stephanie Rowe based on gossip and rumor, that's a charge overturned and a lawsuit ruled in her favor. Virginia Court System online doesn't lie, neither do I. There could be no other charges in Wash Co in re her or they would be on the system. Before I write something or make a charge I have everything documented and backed up with court admissable proof, as I do here. Wait till you see the headlines that will come out when I finish up a complaint I have in the works right now. As for the kind of man I am...I have allowed an open and shut complaint against the office to ride out until after the election because even as upset as I am with Fred I believe it would be wrong to use a stupid mistake made by a misinformed deputy as a political tool. I think you calling me a little girl is way off base because it is your reaction to me presenting 100% factual info that hurts you. I forgive you for writing in haste. Don't sweat the little girl comment.
dyrvulf

Emory, VA

#20 Oct 16, 2007
........and washcocitizen, ask Fred how he falsely dragged my name through the mud in 2003. If he didn't do it intentionally why would he now, 5 yrs later, admit to me on the phone that he was acting on info from other people I worked with when he subjected me to the ordeal he put me through back then. The difference between he and I is that nothing I have said about him is false and I'm not afraid to lay my case on the line, as you've seen here. Confront him with this. Ask him if he can defend himself against my truth. He won't because the truth would see him in some big trouble if he brought it into the light.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Highlands Fellowship (Aug '12) 1 hr Brick 43
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 1 hr Eternal love 4,147
Redhead Hottie with the body @Millsap Lane 14 hr Lookup for the ho... 1
Does anyone know pocahantis stanley? Sat lolwtf 6
Hot Coach Sat Biscuit Face 7
Looking for the most racist company in Abingdon. Fri the OBAMA CARD 21
Bowles who? Dec 19 Knows better 8
Abingdon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web