Abingdon, Va., minister indicted on m...

Abingdon, Va., minister indicted on more than 100 sex-related charges

There are 528 comments on the TriCities.com story from Oct 24, 2012, titled Abingdon, Va., minister indicted on more than 100 sex-related charges. In it, TriCities.com reports that:

John Wesley Price, 64, of Baugh Lane, was indicted by a Washington County grand jury on 124 counts of object sexual penetration, said Nicole Price, the commonwealth's attorney for Washington County, Va.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TriCities.com.

hear say

Charlotte, NC

#104 Dec 24, 2012
Who knows wrote:
I heard the house was put into the churches name so he wouldnt have to pay taxes on it that the church would.But someone found out and then the deacons made him put in his name. But the girlfriend is living in it.
If the house was in the church name why were none of the members aware of the house? The deacons did not put a stop to the foolishness and the people that dont fix it that still go there are condoning it, thats the sad part.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#105 Dec 26, 2012
Does it matter if its in his name or the churches name in the end it all comes out of the same pot! The church money! This cannot go on forever! In the end, I guess they will all have to go get real jobs, including that lowlife girlfriend. Can anyone imagine what it takes to keep, Carrie, Kevin, John, and Linda up , pay their bills ; including insurance, and basic utilities? All this has been coming out of church, & "school" funding...??...besides what "state-funding" Linda receives, and yes I do mean well-fare!
Phoebe

Bristol, VA

#106 Dec 29, 2012
I did a search of two properties.The first is 206 Baugh Lane.It is listed as belonging to John W. and Wanda F.Price. Total assesed value is $110,700. The second property is 903 Morningside Dr- listed to John W.Price(only).Assesed value is $86,200.
Phoebe

Bristol, VA

#107 Dec 29, 2012
I also checked the Temple Christian Church and School.The church is listed as owner and total value of both is $462,700.00
Since the Catholic Church has been sued for sexual abuse by its priests and has paid out BIG money over these charges,it stands to reason that Temple Christian could be sued if John Price is convicted of sex crimes. Just saying...
hear say

Knoxville, TN

#108 Dec 29, 2012
Phoebe wrote:
I did a search of two properties.The first is 206 Baugh Lane.It is listed as belonging to John W. and Wanda F.Price. Total assesed value is $110,700. The second property is 903 Morningside Dr- listed to John W.Price(only).Assesed value is $86,200.
if the 2nd house was given to the church by the mccrady gentleman in his will, would that not be embesselment if he put it in his name?
Writing on the wall

Indian Trail, NC

#109 Dec 30, 2012
People need to wake up....... This scandal has exploded on many levels,should these people not have to pay? I mean sex,lies,now stealing what else will surface?
At some point someone needs to stand up & say that's enough. These people really think they have everyone fooled. Just to play right along into their story karie uprooted her family & moved into a "secret location" & she really thinks no one knows they really need to quit flattering theirselves no one gives a crap where they live what they do they only wish people cared enough about them to harass them as they claim.
These people are CRAZY!
Who knows

Bristol, VA

#110 Dec 30, 2012
The people that has left are probably the ones getting harassed. And have had their names run in the ground because they didnt go along with all the crap up their and took a stand for right.....
takealook

Knoxville, TN

#111 Dec 30, 2012
Writing on the wall wrote:
People need to wake up....... This scandal has exploded on many levels,should these people not have to pay? I mean sex,lies,now stealing what else will surface?
At some point someone needs to stand up & say that's enough. These people really think they have everyone fooled. Just to play right along into their story karie uprooted her family & moved into a "secret location" & she really thinks no one knows they really need to quit flattering theirselves no one gives a crap where they live what they do they only wish people cared enough about them to harass them as they claim.
These people are CRAZY!
Yea secret location they even got new vehicles to hide. Guess they just enjoying the final chapter of this book. Maybe John has another house (all like his moms codo.)
laughing out loud

Charlotte, NC

#112 Dec 30, 2012
Why would they move? Who cares where they live? How do they afford new rides? They should enjoy themselves while they can because their free ride is almost over! None of them are smart enough to run a business of their own. They might have to get real jobs that actually require work.
Shew

Bristol, VA

#113 Dec 31, 2012
HOW DOES HE AFFORD THOSE FINE CLOTHES HE SPORTS AROUND IN? LOL
laughing out loud wrote:
Why would they move? Who cares where they live? How do they afford new rides? They should enjoy themselves while they can because their free ride is almost over! None of them are smart enough to run a business of their own. They might have to get real jobs that actually require work.
Who knows

Bristol, VA

#114 Jan 1, 2013
laughing out loud wrote:
Them work at a real JOB.......now thats funny!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#115 Jan 2, 2013
I just cannot imagine Carries husband going along with all this "crazy" stuff! Does he not work either??
Will

Johnson City, TN

#116 Jan 2, 2013
People let the court and God be the judge this post reminds me of the mob that yelled crucify him when Jesus stood befor Pilot let it go
takealook

Greenwood, SC

#117 Jan 3, 2013
Will wrote:
People let the court and God be the judge this post reminds me of the mob that yelled crucify him when Jesus stood befor Pilot let it go
Will 1 ) I would not compare John to my precious Saviour. 2) sometimes people will say things that could help the common wealth in their case. Give them things to check up on. I know people say alot of foolish things but some are need to know and some hidden truth comes out. If this really happened this girl has hid it and suffered for 3 yrs and you can see why her own mom wouldnt listen. 3 ) it is about time wrong is brought to the light not just the girl but the way the church is run and the way so called christians act. They by no means should carry that name. 4) yes tou are right God will judge and he will judge correctly not our way but his. Pray for their souls and all those involved.
How dare u

Abingdon, VA

#119 Jan 4, 2013
Will wrote:
How dare you compare any man to Jesus!
Will

Johnson City, TN

#120 Jan 4, 2013
How dare you i did not compare John to Jesus i compared this postings comments to the mob that yelled crucify
How dare u

Abingdon, VA

#121 Jan 4, 2013
Will wrote:
How dare you i did not compare John to Jesus i compared this postings comments to the mob that yelled crucify
Well for someone who doesn't like the comments you sure are on here everyday reading it.
Belinda R

Kings Mountain, NC

#122 Jan 6, 2013
Well ant everybody on here everyday reading it??
someone who knows

Johnson City, TN

#123 Jan 6, 2013
Don't let the clam upset you! We all know that it's johns crew that doesn't want you to comment!
wondering

Lexington, SC

#124 Jan 7, 2013
How did John afford bail? Surly the church didnt go it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 7 min Mark mark 54,479
Meth head Julie on Ian 1 hr Mechanic 1
Keely Anne Wilson (Mar '15) 2 hr Lol 8
Fatboy on Ian Lane 7 hr Ian 5
Who did I see on Ian Lane? 9 hr Grandma 13
What is that stinch coming from Ian Lane? 9 hr Britt 4
Top Drunkards on Ian 9 hr Grandma 3

Abingdon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance