Abingdon, Va., minister indicted on more than 100 sex-related charges

Oct 24, 2012 Full story: TriCities.com 519

John Wesley Price, 64, of Baugh Lane, was indicted by a Washington County grand jury on 124 counts of object sexual penetration, said Nicole Price, the commonwealth's attorney for Washington County, Va.

Full Story
X-Female Student

Marion, VA

#23 Nov 6, 2012
I went to Temple, it was my favorite school ever. I attended as a young teenager. I have known Mr. John Price over 30 years, that is a very long time to know someone. I have never in all these years of affiliation with him ever seen anything ugly or what would be considered conduct unbecoming of him. His sweet wife is with her husband because she loves him and he is very dear to her, his family adores him for the very same reason. Very simple. Myself and a dozen more former alumni(females) of that sweet little school are more than willing to speak well on this man on his behalf and are able to say it truthfully on his behalf under oath. Take note that this is an isolated accusation by 1 very young female and no other females are coming forward with anything similar to complain about. I know this girl. She never seen a days harm until she left her Mother. She left her Mother's home because her Mother had rules, rules to keep her safe and see her have the potential for a promising future. When the girl became 18, she wanted to run wild and became very spiteful toward her Mother, as her Mother wouldn't condone her behavior. Her Mother had to consider her other young, impressionable teenage daughter's welfare and safety as the oldest one was beginning to act violently. All John Price did was honor the Mom when she ask him to plea with the girl to straighten up her act. Instead the girl dressed in that silly goth-so called style and ran to her biological father who had never raised a hand to pay or support his daughters. The absent Dad took her in, who lives with his bartender girlfriend, next thing you know???? These horrible accusations. My guess? They are after John and Wanda Prices house, there property. Cause her biological Dad wouldn't work in a pie factory, tasting pies.----The Prices have spent there entire life in service to the Lord, there children have followed in there foot-steps. These are good-people. They raised there children and there children raise there grandchildren from there pockets, not the government welfare system. They have worked hard for there home and deserve to grow old and enjoy the fruits of there labor, not have dead beats put him in jail and those same dead beats run threw what it took them a life time to attain. And if you people spouting off at the mouth think the media is fair and the justice system is just, and that this couldn't happen to you, YOU ARE VERY WRONG. The people that walked away after years of enjoying the good times at that nice little church???? Good, they don't need two-faced people there now. The Price family needs sincere people that won't crack under the pressure of gossip like on this topix junk.
someone who knows

Abingdon, VA

#24 Nov 6, 2012
X-Female Student wrote:
I went to Temple, it was my favorite school ever. I attended as a young teenager. I have known Mr. John Price over 30 years, that is a very long time to know someone. I have never in all these years of affiliation with him ever seen anything ugly or what would be considered conduct unbecoming of him. His sweet wife is with her husband because she loves him and he is very dear to her, his family adores him for the very same reason. Very simple. Myself and a dozen more former alumni(females) of that sweet little school are more than willing to speak well on this man on his behalf and are able to say it truthfully on his behalf under oath. Take note that this is an isolated accusation by 1 very young female and no other females are coming forward with anything similar to complain about. I know this girl. She never seen a days harm until she left her Mother. She left her Mother's home because her Mother had rules, rules to keep her safe and see her have the potential for a promising future. When the girl became 18, she wanted to run wild and became very spiteful toward her Mother, as her Mother wouldn't condone her behavior. Her Mother had to consider her other young, impressionable teenage daughter's welfare and safety as the oldest one was beginning to act violently. All John Price did was honor the Mom when she ask him to plea with the girl to straighten up her act. Instead the girl dressed in that silly goth-so called style and ran to her biological father who had never raised a hand to pay or support his daughters. The absent Dad took her in, who lives with his bartender girlfriend, next thing you know???? These horrible accusations. My guess? They are after John and Wanda Prices house, there property. Cause her biological Dad wouldn't work in a pie factory, tasting pies.----The Prices have spent there entire life in service to the Lord, there children have followed in there foot-steps. These are good-people. They raised there children and there children raise there grandchildren from there pockets, not the government welfare system. They have worked hard for there home and deserve to grow old and enjoy the fruits of there labor, not have dead beats put him in jail and those same dead beats run threw what it took them a life time to attain. And if you people spouting off at the mouth think the media is fair and the justice system is just, and that this couldn't happen to you, YOU ARE VERY WRONG. The people that walked away after years of enjoying the good times at that nice little church???? Good, they don't need two-faced people there now. The Price family needs sincere people that won't crack under the pressure of gossip like on this topix junk.
Have another drink there! You really know nothing about this do you ! The girls father has always worked and he did pay his child support! He is married and his wife has never worked in a bar! And as for as wanting anything the Prices have ? Are you kidding? That's a joke ! You are a fool and you do not know anything about this ! Of course we all know who you are now don't we nice try though! You see I know the truth and it will set you free but probably not in your case! Each charge 5 to life and there's 124 of them . And guess what Linda's on family has seen and told what John has done!
someone who knows

Abingdon, VA

#25 Nov 6, 2012
X-Female Student wrote:
I went to Temple, it was my favorite school ever. I attended as a young teenager. I have known Mr. John Price over 30 years, that is a very long time to know someone. I have never in all these years of affiliation with him ever seen anything ugly or what would be considered conduct unbecoming of him. His sweet wife is with her husband because she loves him and he is very dear to her, his family adores him for the very same reason. Very simple. Myself and a dozen more former alumni(females) of that sweet little school are more than willing to speak well on this man on his behalf and are able to say it truthfully on his behalf under oath. Take note that this is an isolated accusation by 1 very young female and no other females are coming forward with anything similar to complain about. I know this girl. She never seen a days harm until she left her Mother. She left her Mother's home because her Mother had rules, rules to keep her safe and see her have the potential for a promising future. When the girl became 18, she wanted to run wild and became very spiteful toward her Mother, as her Mother wouldn't condone her behavior. Her Mother had to consider her other young, impressionable teenage daughter's welfare and safety as the oldest one was beginning to act violently. All John Price did was honor the Mom when she ask him to plea with the girl to straighten up her act. Instead the girl dressed in that silly goth-so called style and ran to her biological father who had never raised a hand to pay or support his daughters. The absent Dad took her in, who lives with his bartender girlfriend, next thing you know???? These horrible accusations. My guess? They are after John and Wanda Prices house, there property. Cause her biological Dad wouldn't work in a pie factory, tasting pies.----The Prices have spent there entire life in service to the Lord, there children have followed in there foot-steps. These are good-people. They raised there children and there children raise there grandchildren from there pockets, not the government welfare system. They have worked hard for there home and deserve to grow old and enjoy the fruits of there labor, not have dead beats put him in jail and those same dead beats run threw what it took them a life time to attain. And if you people spouting off at the mouth think the media is fair and the justice system is just, and that this couldn't happen to you, YOU ARE VERY WRONG. The people that walked away after years of enjoying the good times at that nice little church???? Good, they don't need two-faced people there now. The Price family needs sincere people that won't crack under the pressure of gossip like on this topix junk.
And where was you when John beat his loving wife and family? I guess that didn't happen either! Go to court and just sit back and listen. You do know they have a recording of him admitting everything! You can lie to yourself! And you do not know anything about the girls father only what you all have made up! And your statements said it all your either part of the family or the piece of crap mother ! The only chance that girl has of a normal life is to get away from the likes of you all! You better make real sure you can prove what you say about this family because it will bite you in the behind! You know the truth just like everyone one else!
someone who knows

Abingdon, VA

#26 Nov 6, 2012
The more I read this the funnier it gets! We have opened up your closet door and you are mad! I guess you have forgotten that food you put in your mouth came from (Linda's ) welfare!
jerry

Crossville, TN

#27 Nov 6, 2012
And just how did Mr. Price make his hard working living? I've never known him to work hard.
Sin is Sin

Bristol, VA

#28 Nov 6, 2012
Carie was charged with stalking!!!!!!!!!
rtheyblind wrote:
That's terriable everyone says they feel sorry for wanda but she's standing by and letting all that happen.Dcarrie get charged with stalking? what did they do a's true her first husband ran for the hills.
someone who knows

Abingdon, VA

#29 Nov 6, 2012
You can saying anything you like about the girls fathers family ! Nothing you say is truthful and will ever be as bad as it is about you and your family! The threatening and intimating is over !!! No one and I repeat no one is scared of any of you! I'd suggest you be out job hunting because a felon can't get assistance!!! We all know Linda uses her food stamps to by stuff for the church and she does eat all her meals at Johns house ! She lost some of them when the oldest left home! What is sad is the older people in these homes that donate to that church ! It's sad but will be a lesson learned all is not almighty!
Just listening

Huntersville, NC

#30 Nov 6, 2012
X-female student sounds like Carrie? It would take a great deal of courage to bring out in the open something horrible that happened plus against a well known moma called daddy sent preacher. Knowing she would be bashed. How long has John rode around town in plain veiw with his girlfriend instead of his precious wife. How many times has he taken kids (girls) hunting. John brought his girl friend with him to the hospital when his son in laws dad died. Couldnt bring his precious wife why not was it not her night to go on a date with him. His son in law didnt even have the back bone to say anything to him. Should we continue.
someone who knows

Cowpens, SC

#31 Nov 6, 2012
Just listening wrote:
X-female student sounds like Carrie? It would take a great deal of courage to bring out in the open something horrible that happened plus against a well known moma called daddy sent preacher. Knowing she would be bashed. How long has John rode around town in plain veiw with his girlfriend instead of his precious wife. How many times has he taken kids (girls) hunting. John brought his girl friend with him to the hospital when his son in laws dad died. Couldnt bring his precious wife why not was it not her night to go on a date with him. His son in law didnt even have the back bone to say anything to him. Should we continue.
Yeah it's Carrie and she better beware!
Know Him

Elizabethton, TN

#32 Nov 6, 2012
X-Female Student wrote:
I went to Temple, it was my favorite school ever. I attended as a young teenager. I have known Mr. John Price over 30 years, that is a very long time to know someone. I have never in all these years of affiliation with him ever seen anything ugly or what would be considered conduct unbecoming of him. His sweet wife is with her husband because she loves him and he is very dear to her, his family adores him for the very same reason. Very simple. Myself and a dozen more former alumni(females) of that sweet little school are more than willing to speak well on this man on his behalf and are able to say it truthfully on his behalf under oath. Take note that this is an isolated accusation by 1 very young female and no other females are coming forward with anything similar to complain about. I know this girl. She never seen a days harm until she left her Mother. She left her Mother's home because her Mother had rules, rules to keep her safe and see her have the potential for a promising future. When the girl became 18, she wanted to run wild and became very spiteful toward her Mother, as her Mother wouldn't condone her behavior. Her Mother had to consider her other young, impressionable teenage daughter's welfare and safety as the oldest one was beginning to act violently. All John Price did was honor the Mom when she ask him to plea with the girl to straighten up her act. Instead the girl dressed in that silly goth-so called style and ran to her biological father who had never raised a hand to pay or support his daughters. The absent Dad took her in, who lives with his bartender girlfriend, next thing you know???? These horrible accusations. My guess? They are after John and Wanda Prices house, there property. Cause her biological Dad wouldn't work in a pie factory, tasting pies.----The Prices have spent there entire life in service to the Lord, there children have followed in there foot-steps. These are good-people. They raised there children and there children raise there grandchildren from there pockets, not the government welfare system. They have worked hard for there home and deserve to grow old and enjoy the fruits of there labor, not have dead beats put him in jail and those same dead beats run threw what it took them a life time to attain. And if you people spouting off at the mouth think the media is fair and the justice system is just, and that this couldn't happen to you, YOU ARE VERY WRONG. The people that walked away after years of enjoying the good times at that nice little church???? Good, they don't need two-faced people there now. The Price family needs sincere people that won't crack under the pressure of gossip like on this topix junk.
Oh good grief.I think I might just puke.
needless to say

Johnson City, TN

#33 Nov 6, 2012
..I know both families, yes I attended school there!..but I knew the VICTIMS family, well before. I must say Linda slept with anyone who would look her way, including a BOY that WORKED at Mid-Mountian with her husband(at the time), David! So as far as not working he worked at Mid Mountian, & mowed yards WHILE SHE MESSED AROUND!!
someone who knows

Cowpens, SC

#34 Nov 6, 2012
David is a good man and provider that loves his family! Linda is just mad because she lost a good thing listening to John telling her that David would never amount to anything! Guess John was wrong again how many families has John destroyed? Linda was the only stupid women that continued to listen to John and now she doesn't have a pot to piss in! I guess the jokes on you! David should have started to church out their sooner maybe he'd been rid of the garbage sooner! Now he has to pick up and clean up another mess you've made! You wanna throw off on your daughter well you raised her and what a fine job you've done! Those girls will always have problems ! A product of your upbringing is biting you in the ass! The truth will set these kids free!
rtheyblind

Abingdon, VA

#35 Nov 6, 2012
Dearx female student just because he didnt touch you doesnt mean he didn't do things to her.And answer why John Price paraded all over town with those to girls who were not his children? why it was just plain creepy why did Linda drive his truck are u blind of maybe ur just stupid
rtheyblind

Abingdon, VA

#36 Nov 6, 2012
tenhe girls father couldn't get a chance to see his girls because Mr. price was too busy playing house with linda and prentending they were his children. he spent all his time with them u never saw his with his grandkids
rtheyblind

Abingdon, VA

#37 Nov 6, 2012
oh and as for mr price working the church paid his house off put a heat pump in even supplied him a vehicle to drive yeah he really had a good scam going.They even gave him a salary plus money for gas and travel ha and the whole time he's runnin women and playing golf and how many hunting trips did the church pay for. And speaking of being two faced the whole Price family is two faced they lie and r mean and spiteful they are mad because someone had the courage to stand up to them.
rtheyblind

Abingdon, VA

#38 Nov 6, 2012
I stand behind the girl i hope she gets justice and he gets what he deserves and she can move on with her life. I met her she is a very sweet person who has went through so much
abc123

Johnson City, TN

#39 Nov 6, 2012
i've known john, wanda, kevin, and carie for some time. they have been nothing but good/nice folks to me. if he is found guilty, then allow him to be found guilty. but until then, we should all pray for all involved.whether it be the victims or accused.
DID YOU

Abingdon, VA

#40 Nov 6, 2012
abc123 wrote:
i've known john, wanda, kevin, and carie for some time. they have been nothing but good/nice folks to me. if he is found guilty, then allow him to be found guilty. but until then, we should all pray for all involved.whether it be the victims or accused.
Did you know Debbie?
Katie

Abingdon, VA

#41 Nov 6, 2012
abc123 wrote:
i've known john, wanda, kevin, and carie for some time. they have been nothing but good/nice folks to me. if he is found guilty, then allow him to be found guilty. but until then, we should all pray for all involved.whether it be the victims or accused.
Let me see if I understand this correctly, you just want everyone to shut up, right?
JACK

Abingdon, VA

#42 Nov 6, 2012
abc123 wrote:
i've known john, wanda, kevin, and carie for some time. they have been nothing but good/nice folks to me. if he is found guilty, then allow him to be found guilty. but until then, we should all pray for all involved.whether it be the victims or accused.
Praying, is that you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah 8 min passenger 2,141
Abingdon Midget League Football (May '12) 1 hr mom 43
Attorney needed 1 hr ttt 4
pita's in abingdon (Feb '14) 1 hr Juice g 29
Va Highlands Festival 2014 1 hr Not what it used ... 16
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 11 hr Jake 1,361
so tell me 14 hr seeking leaking 1
Abingdon Dating
Find my Match

Abingdon Jobs

Abingdon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Abingdon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Abingdon

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]