Abindgon, Va. Father Charged With Sho...

Abindgon, Va. Father Charged With Shooting Son

There are 34 comments on the Http story from Apr 14, 2009, titled Abindgon, Va. Father Charged With Shooting Son. In it, Http reports that:

A Washington County, Va. father remains in jail without bond. He is charged with attempted murder in the shooting of his son.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Long Ago

Knoxville, TN

#21 Jun 13, 2009
That is a shame!
DoDO

Martinsville, VA

#22 Jun 13, 2009
If Justin was in the right why did he not go to court today?
The cops have been looking for him for awhile.
And im wrong about his age he is 19 years old. Read the whole article.
Long Ago

Knoxville, TN

#23 Jun 21, 2009
Did he ever go to court? If he is 19 then he is plenty old enough to get a job. Or is he in college?
oooyougotserved

Knoxville, TN

#24 Jul 6, 2009
Is the dad still in jail?
cuzde

New Castle, DE

#25 Oct 6, 2012
Long Ago wrote:
Last time I seen the mother, she worked at Shoney's. Long time ago! I didn't think she done drugs.
The mother Melissa did work ay Shoney's and she was messing around with some male there that actually is the one that conceived Justin with her.Melissa was also in a relationship with Tony at the same time. Tony took responsibility of the baby and married the "so called mother" anyway. He did the best he could & i do know Justin was way out of control. Tony took all that he could. The son is evil and I hope he gets his to..The mother "Melissa" is a little liar, cheater and a waste of space on this earth. She plays a part in all this. Last I heard she was in jail..
cuzde

New Castle, DE

#26 Oct 6, 2012
DoDO wrote:
If Justin was in the right why did he not go to court today?
The cops have been looking for him for awhile.
And im wrong about his age he is 19 years old. Read the whole article.
I recently heard Justin has been in a mental institution. I have known Tony all my life. He is not a bad person and has patients of a saint. He was just pushed to far. He is not prison material and he is having a very hard time in there now. I correspond with him often.
cuzde

New Castle, DE

#27 Oct 6, 2012
Idiot wrote:
The father was an idiot, why shoot your 17 year old son? Someone had said that he should have had a job and his own place?!?! At 17, he was most likely still in school, and a minor is a minor which is the responsibilty of the parent. If someone doesn't realize that parenting is a life long job and your legal responsibilty until they're 18, they should be altered to not be able to reproduce.
The father was the devil, he had the gun, he shot the boy.
I haven't heard anything about this, other than what I just read.But, it's obvivous who's at fault.
You are the idiot b/c all of this you posted is ALL WRONG!!! What is your education level? Can you read? The YOUNG ADULT was 19 at the time. DAH!!!!!
cuzde

New Castle, DE

#28 Oct 6, 2012
Long Ago wrote:
Last time I seen the mother, she worked at Shoney's. Long time ago! I didn't think she done drugs.
She does do drugs and has been to jail herself.
dodo

Mooresville, NC

#29 Oct 6, 2012
Yes I'm as close as you can get to Tony,a lot of people don't know Tony and need to shut up if anybody is a devil it is Justin and that lady of I'll repute they vall a mom.
Tony is almost done with his lockup time over that nightmare ex wife and that drug ridden son of hers,maybe when he gets out he will move far away from the idiots
are you all nuts

Abingdon, VA

#30 Oct 7, 2012
Why would anyone say this young man should be dead or should have been shot. This man has you all fooled. Justin suffers from a mental illness and needs help but the way this father treated these kids over the years was awful. How would you like to be told that your parent hates you everyday of your life and that he only has you because no one else wants you. Tony kept a lock on the frig to keep them from eating to much. Can you people not see Justin was a product of his stupid parents. Its terrible when kids have one bad parent but these kids had 2 worthless parents. Thank God Emily got away from here. I guess your saying all parents that have difficult kids should just shot them. Some people need to pray for forgiveness for saying these terrible things about Justin. Why don't you take some of your energy and befriend him and try to help him. Mental illness is a disease!!!
are you all nuts

Abingdon, VA

#31 Oct 7, 2012
dodo wrote:
Yes I'm as close as you can get to Tony,a lot of people don't know Tony and need to shut up if anybody is a devil it is Justin and that lady of I'll repute they vall a mom.
Tony is almost done with his lockup time over that nightmare ex wife and that drug ridden son of hers,maybe when he gets out he will move far away from the idiots
you need a reality check! Just because you have a problem child doesn't give you the right to shoot them. Justin has a mental illness! Anyone that could look into their child's eyes and shoot them is a monster and he should have to spend his whole life in jail. You are trying to make Tony look like the victim but he is not! He should move far away because we don't need people like him in our town!
dodo

Mooresville, NC

#32 Oct 8, 2012
Idiot wrote:
The father was an idiot, why shoot your 17 year old son? Someone had said that he should have had a job and his own place?!?! At 17, he was most likely still in school, and a minor is a minor which is the responsibilty of the parent. If someone doesn't realize that parenting is a life long job and your legal responsibilty until they're 18, they should be altered to not be able to reproduce.
The father was the devil, he had the gun, he shot the boy.
I haven't heard anything about this, other than what I just read.But, it's obvivous who's at fault.

Idiot is really an Idiot you have no idea what you are talking about I think you need to go back to school learn to read.
dodo

Mooresville, NC

#33 Oct 8, 2012
So let me tri to get what you are trying to say.
Now mind you Justin is brain dead from DRUGS ok.So it was either Tony shooting Justin or Justin killing Tony.
Tony did call thee cops at 11pm they came out and told both to go to bed,no not Justin he wanted Tony dead so he could have the house.Aaaah what would you do?No cops don't care in Washington Washington County or they would have stopped it.And the daughter was kept by her aunt and making A's in everything no thanks to nobody else.
UHM

Abingdon, VA

#34 Oct 9, 2012
I graduated at 17, I was the youngest in my class. Birthday is in September.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 6 hr Eternal truth 22,969
Ryan Prater (Pinky) 6 hr Plain_Jane60 7
Blake Andis next sheriff of washington co va (Feb '15) 9 hr Enter 91
Mandie anderson (Jan '14) 9 hr Sword 94
Nicole Price, Commonwealth Attorney 11 hr Road Warrior 46
Abingdon Fire Department Fire Chief 14 hr gentle ben 5
Gerald Vandyke 18 hr Wondering 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abingdon Mortgages