Family Dog Attacks Toddler

Sep 2, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Http

A Washington County toddler suffered serious head lacerations Wednesday after being attacked by his family's 100-pound dog.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of42
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nancy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 14, 2009
 
CindyLuHu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a matter of opinion! I have seen countless times, an unruly hell-child slap or hit an innocent animal at which time I wished the animal would swallow the child with one gulp. Animals are LIVING CREATURES who have feelings!
Yes, animals do have feelings and are great companions. However, I think that the life of a child is way more precious. I am sure that when you were a child and you probably don't even remember, you may have pulled on a dog a little too hard. Thank goodness it didn't swallow you whole and also I hope that when you have children they aren't mauled by a big dog. I think you should reconsider your postition on this matter because you sound a bit insane.
cindy

Register, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 14, 2009
 
CindyLuHu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a matter of opinion! I have seen countless times, an unruly hell-child slap or hit an innocent animal at which time I wished the animal would swallow the child with one gulp. Animals are LIVING CREATURES who have feelings!
There is something wrong with you. I sure hope that you have no children. Once again blame the victim. What do you know of this child and the dog who attacked him? No one anywhere said that the child hurt the dog. You are truly a disturbed individual. Do you really hate kids?
dottie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

CindyLuHu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a matter of opinion! I have seen countless times, an unruly hell-child slap or hit an innocent animal at which time I wished the animal would swallow the child with one gulp. Animals are LIVING CREATURES who have feelings!
Maybe something should swallow you with one gulp.
Cartman

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 29, 2010
 

Judged:

1

the breed of this dog is a rottweiler and I wonder if the family payed any attention to the dog or walk it because that would of made the difference between what had happen.I just rendering an opinion because I own one and he is great.the breed is a great dog it is a work dog ,family dog, protector of your family and easy to train and please. but any dog can turn no matter what the size or breed so no one blame the breed every dog is an individual.

Since: May 09

Dead Dog Holler,Hell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 30, 2010
 
CindyLuHu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a matter of opinion! I have seen countless times, an unruly hell-child slap or hit an innocent animal at which time I wished the animal would swallow the child with one gulp. Animals are LIVING CREATURES who have feelings!
you are an idiot..what the hell good is a dog like that for a pet anyway especially around kids..I guess it makes the owner feel like a real bad dude just like having a pitbull..at least it was tied up..what would you do if it was your kid?if you had a dog that hurt my kid I would kill it then stomp your ass...twice..the parents did the right thing by putting the dog down..children are living things with feelings too I bet you have no children of your own..maybe a dog will bite you one day and let's see what you think then dummy
Oldman Morgan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 31, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rotties are great pets regardless what you say or think about them. If your kid made my dog bite him then he probably deserved it. Dogs do protect themseleves the only way they know how.

One other thing. If you shoot my dog for biting your kid when your kid caused my dog to bite them, you better pack a BIG LUNCH & SUPPER because it's going to be a long hard job kicking my ass for you to accomplish. Better men then you have tried that before & lost. Keep your kid away from people's dogs, teach him to keep his hands to himself & you won't have to worry about shooting a dog or "trying" to kick someone's ass. OR getting your ass kicked in return. WOOF WOOF

Since: May 09

Dead Dog Holler,Hell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 31, 2010
 
Oldman Morgan wrote:
Rotties are great pets regardless what you say or think about them. If your kid made my dog bite him then he probably deserved it. Dogs do protect themseleves the only way they know how.
One other thing. If you shoot my dog for biting your kid when your kid caused my dog to bite them, you better pack a BIG LUNCH & SUPPER because it's going to be a long hard job kicking my ass for you to accomplish. Better men then you have tried that before & lost. Keep your kid away from people's dogs, teach him to keep his hands to himself & you won't have to worry about shooting a dog or "trying" to kick someone's ass. OR getting your ass kicked in return. WOOF WOOF
eat me
very outraged

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 1, 2010
 
I own a rottweiler and they are good with kids and very protective of them.I allso tried to spank one of them and he was ready to eat me up .I know they are in good hands around him .My daughters use him for a horse and he is a big baby to that and he is very loyal.I do not understand why the dog attack ed. The breed of dog will not turn unless something bad had happen to him.I know I have owned a couple more in the past.
tiny dancer

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Feb 1, 2010
 
To OLDMAN- if you bothered to read the story, it was the families pet who bit the child, not a stranger's pet. And don't doubt for a second that if your stupid dog bites my child I will do whatever it takes to stop it and it even make sure it never happens to another child- if it means a bullet for the dog or an ass-whipping for you, makes no difference to me.
Only an idiot would defend the dog in the situation.
Get a clue

Prince Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Feb 1, 2010
 
Thinker wrote:
At church they had said the child had several stitches and was recovering. His family is doing ok,- I know that there is a lot of speculation regarding owning that type of dog, but the fact still remains it was a family pet, so not only was their child seriously injured,--after 4 years just imagine if your family pet was put down due to a similiar incident. This family has a lot on them and I pray they all are doing well. I'm not saying the dog should have been spared, but from people that knew the family, this dog had been loving and the little boy's pet dog.
I always chain my family members out in the yard too.
tiny dancer

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Feb 1, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Why do people consider animals equal to humans? THEY ARE PETS! I don't agree with treating any living creature cruelly and I do own pets and care for them (emotionally and physically) but I will never understand why some people think of pets as children and even put them in the same classification and "family".
I know those of you ignorant enough to believe your dog is your son are going to run your hillbilly backwards mouths about it but the truth is the truth. Dogs are not human, they are not your children unless you are a canine and if you would show as much compassion toward real humans as your do your crap eating animal the world would be a better place.
These dogs and cats you value as much as your children eat their young (and vomit) and don't have enough sense to not run out in traffic.
Oh yeah, when you keep these ANIMALS in your homes: you are bringing fleas, ticks, dander and God only knows what else into your beds, sofas and carpets and you may think you keep it clean enough but to the rest of the world your house and clothes smell like crap and wet animal fur ALL THE TIME. It's disgusting.
Standupforwhatis right

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 1, 2010
 
I own two pitbulls and love them immensely. I rescued them both from situations where they had been horribly mistreated. They ARE part of the family. That being said, if they would attack mine (or anyone else's) children, I would shoot them without hesitation. However, with THAT being said, I don't allow ourselves to be put in that situation. AND, while I certainly don't agree with everything that "Oldman" writes, I do agree with him on the point that parents do not teach their children respect of animals. Children should, under no circumstances, walk up to an unfamiliar animal and start "patting" them on the head or back. Whether an animal is kind or not, some are just not accustomed to children. Yes. I read the article and I know that the animal in this case was the family animal with no apparent signs of aggression in the past. I'm not writing in reference to this particular case, just responding to various posts.
Oh, and "Big Dave" -- You seem to be a racist bigot. Just because I'm a pitbull owner, I'm not trying to be or portray myself as a "Badass". These dogs were in horrible situations and I chose to give them a life that all dogs deserve. Nothing more. Don't stereotype me. Not all pitbull owners are fighters. It's people like you that give Pitbulls a bad name as well as folks from the Appalachian mountains!

Since: May 09

Dead Dog Holler,Hell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Feb 1, 2010
 
Standupforwhatisright wrote:
I own two pitbulls and love them immensely. I rescued them both from situations where they had been horribly mistreated. They ARE part of the family. That being said, if they would attack mine (or anyone else's) children, I would shoot them without hesitation. However, with THAT being said, I don't allow ourselves to be put in that situation. AND, while I certainly don't agree with everything that "Oldman" writes, I do agree with him on the point that parents do not teach their children respect of animals. Children should, under no circumstances, walk up to an unfamiliar animal and start "patting" them on the head or back. Whether an animal is kind or not, some are just not accustomed to children. Yes. I read the article and I know that the animal in this case was the family animal with no apparent signs of aggression in the past. I'm not writing in reference to this particular case, just responding to various posts.
Oh, and "Big Dave" -- You seem to be a racist bigot. Just because I'm a pitbull owner, I'm not trying to be or portray myself as a "Badass". These dogs were in horrible situations and I chose to give them a life that all dogs deserve. Nothing more. Don't stereotype me. Not all pitbull owners are fighters. It's people like you that give Pitbulls a bad name as well as folks from the Appalachian mountains!
how am i a rascist?I'm poor, white, born in the south, a rascist word never crosses my lips..oh you mean there is rascism agaist animal breeds now..I love animals,just love people more.I have a dog, 2 cats and a hamster..no people that have biting pits give pits a bad name or brag about their badass pit that they have to tie to a "logging" chain because it's so mean..what's the point of having a pet like that...my family owns boxers and have owned a few nice pits and german shepherds..I used to have a neighbor on Plum Creek who had a biting dog he let it loose after dark and told me if it bit anyone they shouldn't be out after dark..I call him a REDNeCK
very outraged

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 2, 2010
 

Judged:

1

It is the dog and how it is handled by the owner not the breed . To the gentleman who adopted the pitbulls congradulations they will be a fine addtion to your family allso lot of attention and spoiling is an definite plus I own a rotweiller and was the class clown of the pound.
very outraged

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Feb 2, 2010
 
Oldman Morgan wrote:
Rotties are great pets regardless what you say or think about them. If your kid made my dog bite him then he probably deserved it. Dogs do protect themseleves the only way they know how.
One other thing. If you shoot my dog for biting your kid when your kid caused my dog to bite them, you better pack a BIG LUNCH & SUPPER because it's going to be a long hard job kicking my ass for you to accomplish. Better men then you have tried that before & lost. Keep your kid away from people's dogs, teach him to keep his hands to himself & you won't have to worry about shooting a dog or "trying" to kick someone's ass. OR getting your ass kicked in return. WOOF WOOF
A man
Oldman Morgan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

BIGDAVE68 wrote:
<quoted text>eat me
Typical redneck reply huh? My dog speaks better English then you do.
Oldman Morgan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Feb 6, 2010
 
BIGDAVE68 wrote:
<quoted text>
how am i a rascist?I'm poor, white, born in the south, a rascist word never crosses my lips..oh you mean there is rascism agaist animal breeds now..I love animals,just love people more.I have a dog, 2 cats and a hamster..no people that have biting pits give pits a bad name or brag about their badass pit that they have to tie to a "logging" chain because it's so mean..what's the point of having a pet like that...my family owns boxers and have owned a few nice pits and german shepherds..I used to have a neighbor on Plum Creek who had a biting dog he let it loose after dark and told me if it bit anyone they shouldn't be out after dark..I call him a REDNeCK
That should be STUPID REDNeCK. Can't help but wonder WHY HE doesn't go out with the dog too. Maybe he isn't MAN ENOUGH ya reckon? If the dog was to bite me I would kill the dog. I'd go find the owner & whip his ass instead & then take the dog away from me all together AFTER I put a chain around his neck & staked him outside in the cold weather WITHOUT any food or water for a few days. Anyone & I don't care who they are that mistreats a dog or cat should be treated the same way they treated the animal. NO questions asked at all. They think they are bad assed people when in reality they are worse then the animal is. I got no patience at all for those kinds of "human animals". Notice I called them human animals because becuase they don't deserve to be grouped as regular animals.
Going broke

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Feb 7, 2010
 
tiny dancer wrote:
Why do people consider animals equal to humans? THEY ARE PETS! I don't agree with treating any living creature cruelly and I do own pets and care for them (emotionally and physically) but I will never understand why some people think of pets as children and even put them in the same classification and "family".
I know those of you ignorant enough to believe your dog is your son are going to run your hillbilly backwards mouths about it but the truth is the truth. Dogs are not human, they are not your children unless you are a canine and if you would show as much compassion toward real humans as your do your crap eating animal the world would be a better place.
These dogs and cats you value as much as your children eat their young (and vomit) and don't have enough sense to not run out in traffic.
Oh yeah, when you keep these ANIMALS in your homes: you are bringing fleas, ticks, dander and God only knows what else into your beds, sofas and carpets and you may think you keep it clean enough but to the rest of the world your house and clothes smell like crap and wet animal fur ALL THE TIME. It's disgusting.
Your the hillbilly backwards ass even refering yoursef to an animal, I sure feel sorry for your pets, maybe someone should put you on a chain and put your ass outside in the cold and wet weather to shiver and be freeze. Dogs are like people some good some bad, but something had to happen to make them this way?????
I thought this post was about some poor child who had got attacked by an animal, not a human attacking a dog. What gives you the right to be judge, your the piece of shit and I bet your clothes smell jsut as bad or worse than anyone with a pet. Some people all they have is an animal. I'd take my dogs any day over a piece of shit himan like you.....
tiny dancer

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

To going broke: it seems you are confusing posters. I never referred to myself as an animal. It's comments like yours' "Dogs are like people..." to which I was referring. Dogs are not like people, they are animals. My post was in response to the comment made by another poster which stated "I always chain my family members out in the yard too". People who treat animals like children and better than humans are sad and pathetic. You are correct in saying this thread was suppose to be about a child being attacked UNTIL fools started defending the dog in question. Maybe you should read all the posts instead of just picking out one and running your mouth.
Also, you may want to take some grammar and English lessons before you start calling anyone a backwards Hillbilly.
big y

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 25, 2010
 
cindy luhu is a "" idiot, if a animal bites you have to put it down, I am sure that if that dog was attacking you, you would want me to kill it, of course in your case that may just be natural selection.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of42
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Abingdon Forum right now

Search the Abingdon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 3 hr Joe 2,538
Oh yeah 8 hr oh yeah 140
The Moonlite Drive in Theater (Jun '08) 8 hr Bubba 71
Bear Season Limit 11 hr Bubba 19
Popeye's exit 17 Wed Deyquan 42
Next AHS Football Coach Tue hillbilly 178
Popeyes Not Coming to Abingdon, Is it true? Jul 8 Average Joe 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Abingdon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Abingdon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Abingdon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Abingdon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••