Lance Leeroy

Erwin, TN

#21 Dec 4, 2012
I used to sell GRIT.
chris

Johnson City, TN

#22 Feb 15, 2015
concerned2000 wrote:
Well let put it different, When I delivered the paper I only miss one customer in three years, and snow was over the hood of the truck. If it gets cloudy some can't deliver.
Where were you delivering...Buffalo NY or Fairbanks AK? There haven't been any snows that deep here in a long long time.
Elroy

Abingdon, VA

#23 Feb 15, 2015
Mr Obama , says theres global warming , I drive a electric car made by a toy company . Back roads of Washington Co no problem , have George Jetson , as a mechanic .
Former paperboy

Johnson City, TN

#24 Feb 24, 2015
Curious wrote:
I signed up for a route that the DM had been running for over 2 months & he was very eager to get rid of. I was crazy enough to accept. He made it sound easy, & like I would be making around $900 a month. Well that did not happen. I paid them to work, by the time I put gas in the car every night. It also was very Physical. I had a total of 3 paper boxes,I had several customers that were very picky over the placement of the paper. Some wanted 2 bags & no rubber bands. Some wanted it brought to the door & placed behind the screen door. Just a bunch of none sense. This was my 2nd job. They deduct the cost of bags, rubber bands & etc. from your pay.(not to mention when I ran my route, half of the rubber bands had gotten dry rotten & would break very easily) More money for them & dangerous to the carrier. Since you are a contractor you, are no responsibility of theirs. No one ever tipped. customers that hadn't paid in months & was still being dropped a paper. I took 3 months of straightening it out, & by this time, the route of actual customers dropped to making about $300 a month & then I was turning around & putting $10-$15 a night in gas so Again I was loosing money!! When I brought this up to the DM he said I could take the customers to court to try to get the money. We are talking about taking 15-20 people to court for $15 a month & back pay. Just not worth all the time & hassle. Another thing is if you dont put in a 30 day notice they will fine you $1200. So once you sign those papers you are in it for at least 30 days unless you want to owe them even more. I totally agree a job is what you make of it, but they have this carrier job set up for there benefit & could care less about anyone. BTW when my route dropped in customers, they were not even into helping me get more people on my route. I even trained & substituted the route until they had someone new sign over the papers. I never saw that pay!! I would NEVER, EVER do it again!!
Some customers never paid or would pay once every four months. It was hard to keep track of who had paid.
Old School

Abingdon, VA

#25 Feb 24, 2015
Elroy wrote:
Mr Obama , says theres global warming , I drive a electric car made by a toy company . Back roads of Washington Co no problem , have George Jetson , as a mechanic .
Sounds great ! Seems that the people here on this topic complain to much , every job has its problems . Seems the younger generations don't understand hard work and commonsense . People will always complain , welcome to the 21ST century a sad century now and will be . Be on the positive least you had a job , lots of people don't in the 21st century , to many laws , rules , regulation , have ruined America and its jobs
Reader

Abingdon, VA

#26 Feb 26, 2015
I live in Abingdon and it's after lunch when I get my paper since the snow started.
Reedy

Johnson City, TN

#27 Mar 24, 2015
First of all, let me say that yes, you should tip your mail man. They work very hard in dangerous conditions to make sure you get your mail. They are required to deliver in all weather conditions, the newspaper, fed ex and ups people are not. That is why no one in this area got packages or a newspaper for most of February, but we all got mail almost every day!

Second, I helped one of my friends do this job a few nights while she worked with BHC. She ended up losing money because hardly anyone paid her. That company sets it's employees up to owe them money, makes it very very hard to earn anything. Never a job I would recommend to anyone!

Third, both mail man and newspaper delivery WILL destroy your car! Brakes, tires ect will be replaced 4x as often as even a heavy commuter! Marks and scratches all down the side, mirrors damaged, it goes on and on. At least mail carrier pays well!
Mr Flintstone

Abingdon, VA

#28 Mar 24, 2015
Elroy wrote:
Great , Spacly sprockets and Mr coswell make great parts . Get the paper every morning , no matter what the weather , mail too ,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burning Question 3 hr Dirty Old Man 5
Cargo Boss next to theater "blonde in the silve... 5 hr farm boy 5
Words and Phrases that I Hate 7 hr Rebelgirl 77
Cps (Dec '16) 13 hr Whatthehell 18
Surveyor Work (Oct '12) Sat White Vampire 37
Greg Kelly Sat Clarence 4
Hello Greg Mullins (Dec '15) Sat Geraldine Smythe 21

Abingdon Jobs

Personal Finance

Abingdon Mortgages