Citizen

Honaker, VA

#1 Dec 8, 2010
Does anyone in this area listen to 92.7 FM around 5PM? John is a good talk host and I enjoy listening to him and calling him from time to time. Just wondering if anyone else listens?
Interested Party

Alexandria, VA

#2 Dec 9, 2010
I have listened to John Quaintance, off and on, for years. Unfortunately, I only get to hear him rarely now due to work commitments out of the area. I regularly call into his show when I'm in the Mountain Empire.

He's a credible host and does a pretty good job covering local issues, some national issues that he's well-read into. Very good show most of the time and I wish I could hear it more often.

Maybe he'll start podcasting someday and I can listen after-the-fact.

For the record, if you want to hear pure magic in talk radio without the crud that comes with uninformed callers every 5 minutes, check out the John Batchelor Show via the internet from 9PM-1AM nightly... you can live stream at www.wabcradio.com or you can download the podcasts from the same site or from iTunes. It's the best talk radio you'll ever find.
mike

Hendersonville, NC

#3 Apr 28, 2014
Play the recording ldiot
Well

Abingdon, VA

#4 Apr 28, 2014
Bring back Michael Savage!!!!!!!!!!
Hello

Abingdon, VA

#5 Apr 29, 2014
Citizen wrote:
Does anyone in this area listen to 92.7 FM around 5PM? John is a good talk host and I enjoy listening to him and calling him from time to time. Just wondering if anyone else listens?
Yes, I listen sometimes when I can stomach his throat clearing, stammering and ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh. Sometimes he has some really stupid subjects so therefore I am glad he is only on for one hour. I hate the way he cuts Dale off. Anytime Dale even mentions religion he cuts him down. It is his callers that makes the show somewhat interesting. He will hold the calls until almost at the "bottom of the hour" and then take them and then when the caller is just getting into the subject, he cuts them off. "Oh, I am out of time, it's the bottom of the hour"! This after we have had to listen to his stammering for 15 minutes. When I do listen it is when I am waiting on the Phil Valentine show to come on. Now there is entertainment along with education.
Mike fan

Abingdon, VA

#6 Apr 29, 2014
Well wrote:
Bring back Michael Savage!!!!!!!!!!
I too like Michael Savage. He tells it like it is. The man is brilliant. He does have a big ego but I can look past that.
FOP

Kingsport, TN

#7 Apr 29, 2014
Yes, they need to expand Phil Valentine's show. It is much more entertaining that some of the other crap they have on.
Just me

Abingdon, VA

#8 May 28, 2014
On Memorial Day I had 92.9 on at 6:00. Quaintance was discussing the USDA. At 6:20 Dale called in and ask how Quaintance came up with the subject of the USDA instead of Memorial Day topics. Quaintance said well we have 40 min. to go and the show isn't over yet. So at 6:37 he mentioned that Dale had called in and complained that he hadn't talked about the Memorial Day yet and so he made some lame attempts at that late time with only 23 minutes left in the show to say something about Memorial Day.
Phil Valentine's show came on next. That was his topic for the show. He played Lee Greenwood, Trace Adkins and some other artists that have veterans songs. He also read stories of veterans that had done outstanding things since they had returned from the wars, like saving peoples lives. One story was about a homeless veteran who had saved a gun shot victim. He read a poem. He talked about how much we owe the veterans and how much respect we need to give them and to remember them always. He talked about if you knew an enlisted man to offer to do something for his family, like mow or weed eat the yard, or anything that would help the family. It was a wonderful Memorial Day show. I just hate that Quaintance with being so close the the VA could not have found more interesting stuff on the subject because truthfully the USDA was not an interesting topic,
Subject matter

Elizabethton, TN

#9 May 28, 2014
Serious question....do the hosts pick their own subject matter or do the producers?
Not me

Abingdon, VA

#10 May 29, 2014
Subject matter wrote:
Serious question....do the hosts pick their own subject matter or do the producers?
I honestly believe it is the hosts that pick the subject matter. Yesterday he opened with Christmas and how you could never prepare too early for Christmas. For the love of Peter, Paul, and Mary!, It is May!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 8 min Eternal truth 5,508
Willow Run Recommendations (Feb '11) 1 hr Sarah 13
Who is an A$$ 4 hr Perfect male species 12
Men suck! Wed Eternal Truth 116
Police on Preston St. AGAIN!! Wed Persons 41
Needs a good photography taker (May '12) Wed Took my pic 14
Teachers looking for a place to Bow Hunt in/nea... Wed joclo 7

Flood Warning for Washington County was issued at March 05 at 5:08PM EST

Abingdon Dating
Find my Match