First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Civil Rights

Asheville, NC

#1 Jul 28, 2007
Ate at the Harbor House yesterday. The service was horrendous!! The older waitress in there actually wiped her mouth with her bare hand and then handed the man his plate of food. It use to be a good place to eat when I was traveling through Abingdon. Yesterday, it was actually filthy. There were flies everywhere. The people next to me even asked the waitress for a fly swatter and she gave it to them. What has happened to this place?? Were would you recommend dining in Abingdon?? How is The Tavern in downtown??

“I REALLY mean this!!”

Since: Jul 07

Southwest, Va

#2 Jul 28, 2007
I didn't know anybody ate there anymore, I thought the word was out. yeah, it's nasty, if there is any doubt, take a look at the cooks as they're leaving work. you'll never go back.

“Editor”

Location hidden

#3 Jul 29, 2007
Haha, Try the hardware, It's a pretty good place.
Gooberachi

Asheville, NC

#4 Aug 9, 2007
Yeah that old lady is nasty. My brother was coming back from Canada and make the mistake to eat at the Harbor House. I cant quit laughing at what he told me. The old waitress, who looks like she is 90 was his waitress. She broke wind as she took his order and his girlfriend said it looked like she had Depends on.

“Editor”

Location hidden

#5 Aug 9, 2007
if she looked/was near her 90's se more then likely did have them on.. Just makes me wonder about some people.

“I REALLY mean this!!”

Southwest, Va

#6 Aug 10, 2007
Hey now!!! people with poopie pants have to work too.(I just don't want them touching my food). Fact is, the place is dirty. touch a wall. i dare you. you could grease a doorhinge with what you scrape off with your fingernail. I found a chunk of something in my tea there once. bought some fish that was still frozen in the center. it used to be okay, but if you have a problem with filth, you should avoid it.

“Editor”

Location hidden

#7 Aug 10, 2007
Or flys now.. they seem to be in a full war with the place...

“I REALLY mean this!!”

Southwest, Va

#8 Aug 10, 2007
The flies are winning.

“Editor”

Location hidden

#9 Aug 11, 2007
The flys also seem to be winning at wendys at exit 17
whatshanging

Apopka, FL

#10 Aug 11, 2007
Agent7 wrote:
The flys also seem to be winning at wendys at exit 17
Well it is summer and you are out and about..Remember in autumn...you were attracting the red ants...and in winter..the skunks and opossums

“Editor”

Location hidden

#11 Aug 11, 2007
yea but the manger at wendys was walking around with a fly swat and i bet there was ever bit of 80-100 flys. And after seeing some of the people that work there. I wonder why there isnt more flys.

“I REALLY mean this!!”

Southwest, Va

#12 Aug 12, 2007
They always come to the food, but there are things that can be done to control them. It's not like the place is right beside a farm full of cows or anything.
Vcast

Johnson City, TN

#13 Aug 19, 2007
Agent7 wrote:
if she looked/was near her 90's se more then likely did have them on.. Just makes me wonder about some people.
what is sad is our fucked-up government. this old lady should be enjoying her retirement. her golden years. but thanks to bush and his retire at 73 years of age not 62, here she is waiting tables to make a living.

“I REALLY mean this!!”

Southwest, Va

#14 Aug 25, 2007
please watch the foul language. I'm not disagreeing with your comment, but I have to flag your post and it will probably be removed. feel free to repost your comment without the f bomb. thanks.

“Editor”

Location hidden

#15 Aug 27, 2007
Yes, Please. There some faint of heart that come's on here.. ( Citizen knows what I mean )

“I REALLY mean this!!”

Southwest, Va

#16 Aug 28, 2007
Oh gee Agent, you know it didn't hurt my feelings,(and I know exactly what you're talking about!!)

“Editor”

Location hidden

#17 Aug 30, 2007
Huh, wrong topic.. im confused my evil lil kitty

“I REALLY mean this!!”

Southwest, Va

#18 Aug 30, 2007
Huh, what?? are you okay Agent 7?? go grab some coffee, you're confusing even me...
sharon

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jan 9, 2008
Where is the health dept. in this area? If they would actually check all the restaraunts in this area they would be shutting down most of them. It is disgusting that we go to a restaraunt and pay hard earned money to eat there and have to worry about flies and cleanliness. Have you ate at Cherokee restaraunt? look at the cooks in there and I bet you wont eat there anymore. I do not feel comfortable eating food that a man cooks when he has long hair that over half is soaked in grease. I bet they haven't washed their greasy heads in weeks.
Previous Employee

Fayetteville, NC

#20 Apr 1, 2011
I used to work there and that is the worst place to eat it is covered with roaches onmy first day they told me that if a roach fell on me bot to scream! DO NOT EAT THERE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 18 min Eternal truth 15,556
Susan Howard 1 hr Abingdon First 18
new building 1 hr Getreal 6
Josh Johnson (Mar '14) 12 hr Home team 156
Dear Eternal Truth 13 hr Etenal truth 18
town planner Wed Come on 4
Hair Salon... Aug 26 Helpful 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abingdon Mortgages