The Dunk and Deli
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ben Upton

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Oct 26, 2012
Way off topic and might be of little interest, but I'm in Music. There's a girl who works at Dunk and Deli (Brenda?)...anyhow, she used to day this musician (coffee shop variety talent) even he would admit it. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure it was SEVERAL years ago that they lived together like about 20 years ago. We ate lunch there and he pointed her out, got a phone call and had to dart totally away. Anyhow , the dude is a les than average guitarist but he has three top ten hits that have been published and recorded. One by ugarland and one by Toby Keith.

Anyhow, somebodybtellmthe girls who serves sandwiches at Funk and Deli that her X boyfriend made three hit songs. I think he is actually from Johnson City, but likes of course in Brentwood TN

His name is Peter, I'm pretty sure.
really

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 27, 2012
WHAt? Try again
Ben Upton

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Oct 27, 2012
Guess I wasn't very clear. I met a friend for lunch in abingdon who brought a friend with him, Peter (I think). Anyhow, he identified the waitress as a girl he used to live with right there in abingdon. The guy has written some hit songs. Before the waitress took our order, the guy got a phone call and had to leave, so the girl at the deli doesn't know he was there. They had lived together some 20 years earlier and doesn't know about his even being there nor of his success at the songwriting. Just thought I'd share it. Make sense?
Clint

Wake Forest, NC

#4 Oct 27, 2012
All true, Ben. Let me clue you in on something, sport -- i've been eatin' her pie for 7 weeks. She's real tasty, and i'm not through yet. Go fry an egg, dopey.

Regards,

Hero
Ben Upton

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Oct 28, 2012
What a bizarre set of comments made after a simple attemptmtombe civil. I don't even know what the last post means , but it sounds threatening and insulting. Eat all the pie you want. Se looks like she has gingivitis, I'm just letting her know that her X boyfriend hit the big time. (Doesnt even mean anything to me) thought it might interest her. If she's a lowlife and belongs to the likes of you, sport. It's not worth perusing. It's just information and truthful. Go blow.
Clint

Wake Forest, NC

#6 Oct 29, 2012
Ben -- no worries. I'm not eating her ass at all. The guy she was dating likely hasn't done shit. Go eat at Long John Silvers, hoss.
Brenda

Johnson City, TN

#8 Nov 12, 2012
Clint wrote:
Ben -- no worries. I'm not eating her ass at all. The guy she was dating likely hasn't done shit. Go eat at Long John Silvers, hoss.
Look I don't have any idea who you guys are but this is Brenda who works at Dunk & Deli first I never dated Peter his name is Pat and if he is doing well I am happy for him but as far as your rude comments get a life
Ben Upton

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Nov 12, 2012
I put. An email alert on this post after all the rude comments were made. Yes, I stand corrected. It was Pat and not Peter. He was only at the table for 5 minutes, so I got the name wrong. We have since met for dinner in Johnson City and I caught his name a bit better this time. I work almost half the time in Abingdon and I eat at Dunk and Deli about twice per month.

I was just sharing information which is what Topix is for, nothing else...then I got bombarded with all kinds of rude stuff.

Just information, that's all
Clint

Wake Forest, NC

#11 Nov 12, 2012
Brenda / Ben -- i enjoyed our threeway last night. Good to put our differences aside. Brenda -- love that ball licking swirl you do. Ben -- thanks for the grilled cheese, fruity pants. See you guys in February -- hugs.
helen

United States

#13 Nov 13, 2012
Pat is a wannabe music star. He pretends he knows people in Nashville and is a star songwriter. When the truth is he is just a lazy radio dj who doesnt wanna work.
Ben Upton

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Nov 13, 2012
Well, isn't that nice! Do people actually write in from out of state to say awful stuff like this? You can find this Patrick making music on UTube with a guy named Nate Jones. Now Nate has much more of a future than Patrick does, in terms of performing. The dude wrote and published a couple songs, that's all. He spoke fondly of the waitress at the Dunk and Deli. He mentioned that she had long since married and then he got a phone call. Rebecca (pharmacist in Abingdon) and myself finished lunch alone.

Now how that angers or even warrant a response from people from North Carloina, ill never know.

Over and out
Phil Mikock

Wake Forest, NC

#17 Nov 13, 2012
Ben -- pipe down, sizzle chest. Your 15 minutes are over. Suck an egg.
Revenge

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Phil Mikock wrote:
Ben -- pipe down, sizzle chest. Your 15 minutes are over. Suck an egg.
Got another idea for ya, Phil. I was thinking that you might suck the snotty end of what's left of my wart-riddles fuckstick. But in order for you to do that, we'd have to meet in person, where I would happily pound your face into hamburger meat, you worthless worm.

Have a great day !!!
Phil Mikock

Wake Forest, NC

#19 Nov 13, 2012
Revenge / Ben -- you sound tough. I bet you're a 160 lb, skinny jean wearin' hipster. Like i said, pipe down. Laughing at you...
Ben Upton

Jonesborough, TN

#20 Nov 15, 2012
Once again, I used the topix forum for exactly what's its purpose is. To relay information that would otherwise not be relayed. I thought that the girl at the deli might want to know that her X of almost 20 years ago was in her presence briefly. He is a musician, not even a professional, but he has three successful works that are heard on the radio even now. He told us that they lived together for sometime and that his past substance abuse issues ended their relationship,. He told us that when he was with her that he often told her that he would someday write a country music hit. Well, he has written and co-written three. He showed no animosity toward this Brenda, but to the contrary, he spoke fondly of her and was looking forward to speaking with her. But he left abruptly. He is not even in the music business and his largest stage has been open mica and coffee shops. We heard him play two songs last night in JCity, both Marshall Tucker and both well done. I had no ill motive for making the post and am puzzled as to why it was met with such disgusting comments. I won't be back after adding happy holidays.
Phil Mikock

Wake Forest, NC

#21 Nov 15, 2012
Ben -- my apologies. I've behaved poorly, I'm afraid. Have a superb Thanksgiving. Best of luck to your D&D friend.
Ben Upton

Jonesborough, TN

#22 Nov 15, 2012
Phil Mikock wrote:
Ben -- my apologies. I've behaved poorly, I'm afraid. Have a superb Thanksgiving. Best of luck to your D&D friend.
Good for you ! Apologies completely accepted and very glad to get it. To repent is to "change ones mind" ... We have to do it daily. I have one final challenge for you. Change your vulgur screen name and go to several posts and for no reason whatsoever, say the very kindest things that you can possibly think to say....after ten, you'll feel great. Seriously !! Try it

And happy holidays fellow American
Phil Mikock

Wake Forest, NC

#23 Nov 15, 2012
Ben -- i'll see what i can do. No promises.
Public Belcher

Jonesborough, TN

#24 Dec 19, 2012
Ben Upton wrote:
Way off topic and might be of little interest, but I'm in Music. There's a girl who works at Dunk and Deli (Brenda?)...anyhow, she used to day this musician (coffee shop variety talent) even he would admit it. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure it was SEVERAL years ago that they lived together like about 20 years ago. We ate lunch there and he pointed her out, got a phone call and had to dart totally away. Anyhow , the dude is a les than average guitarist but he has three top ten hits that have been published and recorded. One by ugarland and one by Toby Keith.
Anyhow, somebodybtellmthe girls who serves sandwiches at Funk and Deli that her X boyfriend made three hit songs. I think he is actually from Johnson City, but likes of course in Brentwood TN
His name is Peter, I'm pretty sure.
http://www.contactmusic.com/info/norman_jay

If you're talking about the bloke Patrick Lilley, he is listed briefly in this article. I know of no song that he was part of with Sugarland. High On Hope he had some things to do with.

He and his cousin are moving a song on 5th avenue now. He had one recorded by rascals flats. I think it was THAT SHOULD BE ME. Lives in Brentwood. Drinks a bit more than normal. Nice guy.
Appaloosa

Johnson City, TN

#25 Jan 12, 2013
If you're talking about Pat Lilly, he lives in the Brentwood section of Nashville and Debirah Allen just left him because of his drinking. He's a drunk. He can't drive a car and he's an asshole. He wrote the lyrics ona couple of songs and he wrote about three entire songs that made the charts, but he's no way a success story, his daughter stays with him most of the time.

H3 played a few numbers at New York, New York in JC about three weeks ago and got intoxicated by the time the night was over. He's made some money but I don't think he has any. He sang "baby, I lied" and "easy money". You can see a dude doinding easy money on Utube, but it's done by another artist. He has long hair and . Now there's lots of songs called easy money, but this one is where the guy starts witha little monologue about "his dad leaving his secretary for his wife" and the song talks about GETTING THE MOST THAT WE CAN POSSIBLY GET FOR THE LEAST THAT WE CAN POSSIBLY DO". The artist acts like he wrote it in the monologue, but Patrick Lilley from Johnson city wrote it.

He's not a star by any means, but he's got some talent. But as far as I know, he never lived in abingdon va.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 2 min Eternal truth 42,373
LindseyBaby 1 hr Marionguy 1
Bill Haynes counselor (Aug '14) 7 hr Family 37
Tanning in Abingdon (Feb '12) 7 hr rhyme 20
Beth Shortt Widener Tue Wow it is true 50
Midgets in Abingdon Apr 24 lee 15
Dr. Narin update Apr 24 Me and Mine 45

Abingdon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance