Posted in the Abingdon Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Cross-Dressing Hardcore Gay”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 21, 2010
I am trying to organize a gay pride day in Abingdon. I know there are some fellow gays in this town. We need to be seen and heard.

If we could organize such a lovely day, it would be an awesome event.

What do you think?

The sexually confused kids need to know that there is an alternative lifestyle waiting for them one day.

God bless all of God's wonderful creations, especially my BF Manuel xxx.
Gitrdone

Johnson City, TN

#2 Nov 21, 2010
we dont want no queers in this town u queer

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 21, 2010
Cpt Hornblower wrote:
I am trying to organize a gay pride day in Abingdon. I know there are some fellow gays in this town. We need to be seen and heard.
If we could organize such a lovely day, it would be an awesome event.
What do you think?
The sexually confused kids need to know that there is an alternative lifestyle waiting for them one day.
God bless all of God's wonderful creations, especially my BF Manuel xxx.
I helped with a pride day in Lynchburg, VA, years ago (while Jerry Falwell was still alive), and while there were many obstacles, we managed a pride event and parade that went pretty well for a first go. I have no idea if they're still holding it.

To start with, I'd pick a warmer time of year (and a less busy one than Nov/Dec), and also approach the police. One, they can provide safety. Even in Roanoke, where Pride in the Park has been around for over two decades, the police still attend the event just in case. There may also be permits necessary in order to hold an event/parade. The police department should be able to provide that sort of information - or point you in the right direction.
Scotty

Bristol, VA

#4 Nov 21, 2010
Check with that guy over on Jaminson St, he will get all his buddies to help you. I think he is the head of the Log Cabin Republicans in this area.
POBOY

Bristol, VA

#6 Nov 22, 2010
I know one for you to be Grand Marshall. he is very well known.
wow

Knoxville, TN

#7 Nov 22, 2010
get the f out... You need a parade permit. I hope the town denies it.
Braylia

Knoxville, TN

#8 Nov 22, 2010
LOOK HERE!! There is no room for haters in this world! to WOW and GITRDONE, I think you all need to get out. Sit back and realize that this is what it is.
People need to be happy, and if theyre happy with theyre significant other, and let them!

My husband and I are both bi-sexual, and very proud!!

I would love to help you with your march..
and so would my "other"
Eww

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Nov 22, 2010
This is gross. No we don't need to wake up. If you want to have gay pride marches move to la or somewhere that enjoys your type. Stay out of our nice town. Sicko.
Alex

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Nov 22, 2010
Yea, there aint no room for your sick kind.
Kathy

United States

#11 Nov 22, 2010
What a disgusting proposal.
Emily

Knoxville, TN

#12 Nov 22, 2010
hahahahahah!!!
You know what, all of you haters are cracking me up.
serisously, look around.

not everyone you look at is straight!!!
And chances are, if they are straight, then they've either thought about it, or even got a little curious in college.

for real though, you guys are sooo immature. Why can't you just accept diversity???

Why don't you move to the WV back roads or something that accepts YOUR kind??

Do you hate different races too??
This is America. We have diversity, we have freedom.

and If you can't accept that, then you don't need to be here.
Homo Coffins and Urns

Knoxville, TN

#13 Nov 22, 2010
(Reuters)- Two undertakers in the northwestern German city of Cologne are trying to tap into the gay market by selling coffins adorned with images of male nudes.

The prize piece in their display window is a coffin decorated with images of mostly naked, muscular young men in athletic poses inspired by Italian Renaissance paintings.

"We believe you should be able to have a coffin that lets you embark on your last journey in a way that reflects how you lived your life," undertaker Thomas Brandl told Reuters on Thursday.

The unconventional coffin, which costs 1,650 euros ($2,300), has aroused fascination among customers, said Brandl: "People are really interested because it's so unique. Reactions have been very positive so far."

Brandl, 32, and his 34-year-old business partner Michael Koenigsfeld, said they had branched out into the gay market in order to satisfy the increasing number of special requests they received.

"Even though the Lord Mayor of Berlin, the vice-chancellor and many others openly admit to being homosexual nowadays, marginal groups still face prejudices and bureaucratic hurdles," the pair said in a statement.

They said they provided an individual and different service which offered "a warm and fantastical departure for same-sex couples."

The gay couple also sell coffins and urns in rainbow colors -- the international symbol of the gay and lesbian movement -- and offer burials around a tree reserved exclusively for homosexuals.

Given estimates which suggest that around one in ten of Cologne's population is homosexual, Brandl and Koenigsfeld are well placed to serve the gay community.

The pair also cater for the heterosexual market in an unconventional way, giving customers the opportunity to get involved in designing coffins for their loved ones.

"You can choose different colors and designs," Brandl said. "You could go for Cologne's skyline or lots of women on your coffin. A grandmother might like images of her grandchildren on hers -- there are loads of possibilities."

Better order yours today , they are going fast....free shipping !!!

LOL
Kathy

United States

#14 Nov 22, 2010
It's not an issue of hate, it's an issue of decency. Homosexuality is just like heterosexuality in that it belongs in private, not a parade. When's the last time you saw a "Straight Pride" parade with people carrrying all kinds of demented signs while dressed like people from another planet? That would be just as disgusting as a gay pride parade IMO. You're welcome to love whoever you choose as far as I'm concerned, but don't go exhibiting your sexuality down the middle of Main Street. I don't, and neither should you. For either of us to so would be downright disgusting. A little common sense and common decency wiill go a lot farther towards gaining acceptance in the publics' mind than trying to shove it down their throats.
Mandy

Hermitage, TN

#15 Nov 22, 2010
I personally think this is a lovely idea, and not at all shoving it down anyones throat, if that were the case then macy's parade should be cancelled, i dont want gaint floats shoved down my throat, not only that but the christmas parade as well, not every one celebrates that, are we shoving that down thier throats? lets just call of parades in general, kathy, what do you think? and fun too! XD lets just kill fun!!! and any time you walk down the street in public holding hands with your boyfriend/husband/whatever, you are making it public.
Emily

Knoxville, TN

#16 Nov 22, 2010
Kathy wrote:
It's not an issue of hate, it's an issue of decency. Homosexuality is just like heterosexuality in that it belongs in private, not a parade. When's the last time you saw a "Straight Pride" parade with people carrrying all kinds of demented signs while dressed like people from another planet? That would be just as disgusting as a gay pride parade IMO. You're welcome to love whoever you choose as far as I'm concerned, but don't go exhibiting your sexuality down the middle of Main Street. I don't, and neither should you. For either of us to so would be downright disgusting. A little common sense and common decency wiill go a lot farther towards gaining acceptance in the publics' mind than trying to shove it down their throats.
Yes, this is true, I completely agree with you. But also on the same note, straight people (and don't get me wrong, I'm straight) don't get bashed and hated on a daily basis. This is for the gays to make it clear that theyre here and they are proud of who they are even if they are hated for it..
uhoh

Knoxville, TN

#17 Nov 22, 2010
Watch out guys!!! They gays are holding a march and using the internet to try and "Convert us" to "Their kind"!!!! BEWARE!!!
Act Up

Johnson City, TN

#18 Nov 22, 2010
Amanda_G wrote:
<quoted text>
I helped with a pride day in Lynchburg, VA, years ago (while Jerry Falwell was still alive), and while there were many obstacles, we managed a pride event and parade that went pretty well for a first go. I have no idea if they're still holding it.
To start with, I'd pick a warmer time of year (and a less busy one than Nov/Dec), and also approach the police. One, they can provide safety. Even in Roanoke, where Pride in the Park has been around for over two decades, the police still attend the event just in case. There may also be permits necessary in order to hold an event/parade. The police department should be able to provide that sort of information - or point you in the right direction.
Act Up

Johnson City, TN

#19 Nov 22, 2010
Emily wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, this is true, I completely agree with you. But also on the same note, straight people (and don't get me wrong, I'm straight) don't get bashed and hated on a daily basis. This is for the gays to make it clear that theyre here and they are proud of who they are even if they are hated for it..
Oh, Really? Tell us, how does Amanda_G
hide all of her bruises from going to work at the public school as an openly gay teacher in Smyth County? Judging from her picture on here, she looks pretty good. How does she fight off all those hateful parents everyday going to work? Maybe because she doesn’t have to and your just talking out of you’re A$$?
Act Up

Johnson City, TN

#20 Nov 22, 2010
uhoh wrote:
Watch out guys!!! They gays are holding a march and using the internet to try and "Convert us" to "Their kind"!!!! BEWARE!!!
Emily

Knoxville, TN

#21 Nov 22, 2010
Act Up wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Really? Tell us, how does Amanda_G
hide all of her bruises from going to work at the public school as an openly gay teacher in Smyth County? Judging from her picture on here, she looks pretty good. How does she fight off all those hateful parents everyday going to work? Maybe because she doesn’t have to and your just talking out of you’re A$$?
Ok, for real dude.
I never said ALL gays are like that. Your post makes no sense at all, maybe you should re-check yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 4 hr Eternal truth 22,892
Jane Doe aka Stacy Pomerenke BUB Corruption thr... 21 hr Now what 108
Mandie anderson (Jan '14) 23 hr Craziness 87
Ellis Soda Shop (May '14) 23 hr Your Wrong 141
Capital Meats...ploys @it again! (Oct '12) Fri Homer Pyle 26
Layoffs Thu Eben 15
News Two new judges sworn in Wednesday in Abingdon (Jun '12) Thu meh 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abingdon Mortgages