First Prev
of 4
Next Last
poor girl

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2013
How much money does a person have to make before the food stamps gets cut off? They stopped my electric assistance and foods stamps and stopped helping with my rent and then told me I could no longer live in the govt apartments on dead more st. I'm so pissed right now. They said I was recieving too much child support to qualify for any more assistance. This just don't seem fair! I have 3 kids and they have got to be fed! They're dad's won't do anything but pay child support, nothing extra at all. They don't help with anything else at all and is just not right .
Caught Ya

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Jan 10, 2013
How about getting a job?
falconwave

Lexington, VA

#3 Jan 10, 2013
did you vote in the last election???
Frankly

Duncan, SC

#5 Jan 10, 2013
poor girl wrote:
How much money does a person have to make before the food stamps gets cut off? They stopped my electric assistance and foods stamps and stopped helping with my rent and then told me I could no longer live in the govt apartments on dead more st. I'm so pissed right now. They said I was recieving too much child support to qualify for any more assistance. This just don't seem fair! I have 3 kids and they have got to be fed! They're dad's won't do anything but pay child support, nothing extra at all. They don't help with anything else at all and is just not right .
II Thess. 3:10 For even when we were with you,this we commanded you,that if any would not work, neither should he eat. there are ways to support your family. Surly this guy didnt change over nite you must of had a clue of his work history. Do you take your kids to Church?
On the serious side first

Lebanon, VA

#6 Jan 10, 2013
poor girl wrote:
KNOW UR RIGHTS==== they have to give you at least 30 days notice before lowering any rent assistnace if it is section 8 hud-----then u don't have to move from apts even if your income ratio is high enough to make younot qualified for any rent assistance--you have the right to continue living there and paying on your own the amount set as base or market rent.. take this case to legal aid immediately..make a written aappeal with the apartment management immediately, you only have so many days to appeal their decision. Every aggency must give decision in writing stating aht changes and why.
Now on the other haqnd-----why did youhave kids with deadbeats ----you chose them and the taxpayers are now wxpected to keep up you and your mistakes. Yes perhaps you need to get off your ass and get a job. Send OBAMA a card of thanks.
How many

Abingdon, VA

#7 Jan 10, 2013
poor girl wrote:
How much money does a person have to make before the food stamps gets cut off? They stopped my electric assistance and foods stamps and stopped helping with my rent and then told me I could no longer live in the govt apartments on dead more st. I'm so pissed right now. They said I was receieving too much child support to qualify for any more assistance. This just don't seem fair! I have 3 kids and they have got to be fed! They're dad's won't do anything but pay child support, nothing extra at all. They don't help with anything else at all and is just not right .
How many baby daddies do you have? 3? Do you take any blame on yourself for your situation? Maybe you need to start taking responsibility for your actions and stop being a dead beat depending on everyone else to support your bad decisions. How do you afford a computer - never mind, I know, we pay for that too.
Fed-

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 10, 2013
That's exactly what's wrong with this country, everyone thinks they are entitled to a free living. Get a job and some birth control. As a taxpayer, I'm sick of paying everyone else's way!
Not fair

Abingdon, VA

#9 Jan 10, 2013
poor girl wrote:
You say "I'm so pissed right now ...I have 3 kids and they have got to be fed!"... This just don't seem fair."
I will tell you what is not fair. That you dead beats go out and have all these poor little kids and lay around and do nothing and expect us to go to work and pay your rent, heat, food, medical, utilities, computer and let OUR kids have to struggle. Now, that is what is not fair. Put your big girl panties on and go support those kids YOU choose to have. I had nothing to do with it.
poor girl

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jan 10, 2013
You people don't know nothing about me. Yes I have 3 baby daddies but that don't make me a bad person. I did not know that these men were dead beats and my current boyfriend is not a deadbeat. He was wrongly accused and convicted of a crime he did not commit. His mother helps me from time to time because I am pregnant with her grand child. But she don't give enough to help much. I cannot work because I have to watch 3 kids and am currently pregnant. How should you people expect me towork with 3 kids and 8 months pregnant?
to poor_easy_girl

Elizabethton, TN

#11 Jan 10, 2013
OMG,,,, another on the way too? Ever heard of a condom? Put a plug in it and save us taxpayers some money. Trade in that computer and internet connection we dearly pay for and get a JOB! Also, stop eating those Food Stamp Chettos that you stuff your face with while your on FaceBook and Topix and you might keep a man. Also, you might wanna consider putting a revolving door down there. It's no wonder this country is 17 trillion dollars in debt!
See More

Bristol, VA

#12 Jan 10, 2013
Well I see you dumbasses are back on here rattling a chain, trying to get everyone riled up over nothing. Don't you have sense enough to realize that someone in a situation like "poor girl" described does not exist??

GE, Chevron,Bank Of America, Goldman Sachs, Boeing and Carnival are the real welfare queens.
lol

United States

#13 Jan 10, 2013
poor girl wrote:
I will pray that you will quit being like a door knob,and that you will find a job!
Concerned

United States

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Omg people are so stupid....i dont know what the amounts for being cut off are they should have them posted on the social service web sight.. I know its hard im so sorry my husband and i are disabled and recieved assistance before he got his disability we were looking forward getting off assistance and are over income for any extra help but we are having to move in with family because with the deductables andmedical bills we cannot afford our rent with my husbands disability there is no way we can cut back on dr or medications. Its so sad how people judge on here i do wish you the best just keep trying with social services things change periodacally..obama has nothing to do with this and i wish people would get off that... Do concider yourself lucky you get child support i didnt from my first husband and he was a deadbeat if you are getting that at least thats some help ...it can be worse just hang in there....bless you
Tired of supporting

Elizabethton, TN

#15 Jan 11, 2013
poor girl wrote:
You people don't know nothing about me. Yes I have 3 baby daddies but that don't make me a bad person. I did not know that these men were dead beats and my current boyfriend is not a deadbeat. He was wrongly accused and convicted of a crime he did not commit. His mother helps me from time to time because I am pregnant with her grand child. But she don't give enough to help much. I cannot work because I have to watch 3 kids and am currently pregnant. How should you people expect me towork with 3 kids and 8 months pregnant?
You do like the rest of us do.Maybe if you worked you wouldn't be pregnant ane have 3 others.Get off your tail and get a job.
intheknow

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Reading this makes me just want to go put a gun to my head and pull the trigger knowing that I live in a town with stupid idiots like you... I know plenty of people that work with kids and have worked while pregnant. And if you can't tell a deadbead from a good guy I would advise you to lay off the meth. Oh he didn't commit the crime but was convicted? Phsst... Yeah right
Thought

Johnson City, TN

#17 Jan 11, 2013
Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
II Thess. 3:10 For even when we were with you,this we commanded you,that if any would not work, neither should he eat. there are ways to support your family. Surly this guy didnt change over nite you must of had a clue of his work history. Do you take your kids to Church?
Why would they go to church, when there's nothing but pure ducking idiots in it....Paul said that to the church that was under construction. People were not helping work on the church, but stayed to eat.

You knaves, truth benders, children of darkness, twist and bend it and use it to make yourselves feel better. Feel better about this :

You will spend all of eternity in hell. Have a nice day, putting others down. If you'd like to meet in person , I'd welcome that too.
Gosh

Abingdon, VA

#19 Jan 14, 2013
This entire blog is just kind of nuts. So there are now four kids involved, with im assuming now four different guys whom im pretty ceritan none of which you have been married too. The country has a million problems obviously. We are dealing with debt, drugs, gun control and so on. The solutions to these problems arent going to be resolved in an office. They could all be fixed with better parenting. The lack of parents involvement and or poor parenting on those who are involved could change alot of things for this country. We wouldnt have babies having babies and killers walking into schools taking out children and teachers. We wouldnt have credit cards available and maxed out for parents to pay and complain of a total when there kids ring up the bill. Parents u r enabling your kids to be in the situtation they get themselves into. No not every single person is a bad parent and not all situations are to have blame on a parent but for the most part, you would have to agree if parents gave consequences for negative actions, kids would grow up being more eager to please and do right. Theres my thoughts and the only failure is to quit trying. Help us help our selves.......
A single parent

Hiltons, VA

#20 Jan 14, 2013
This entire string of hateful comments just makes me sick inside. As "Gosh" wrote there are now going to be 4 children who need help...these children need help with assistance and this mother begs help feeding, raising them and finding support for her basic needs. She is saying that she doesn't know how to work while taking care of them, and she probably does not, it's not easy by any means to raise 4 children let alone be worn from the cruelty that life can throw at a young mother. It takes an entire community to raise a child, Abingdon. I see children every day who need strong mentors to help guide them because their parents aren't able to provide their basic needs on their own separately, they struggle, they work endless jobs and they aren't able to be there. God did not intend for us to raise a child by ourself but with a partner...and today in our society divorce rates are way up that I'm surprised that any marriage makes it anymore. The devil continues to separate our hearts to ultimately attack our precious children and leave them to find their way on their own and to find their way far away from the love of Jesus. All children in our community are our responsibility. Many adults in our area aren't equipped with the tools, soft skills and education, finances, family and community support to know where to begin to raise a family, hold a steady job. A kind word and a stretched out hand can help guide the needy and grow people to their potential. Jesus asks us to take care of the weak...and I am proud to know many people here in our town who do care about this young lady and would like to see her and her children get on her feet and become a person who can help others one day....a mother is one of the most precious gifts a child can have, we should definitely find a way to help this young lady live to her full potential. There is a food bank in Abingdon that helps feed the poor and hungry....I know the day that I found it, it was a blessing answered. If you don't have your basic needs met you can't think about much else then your rumbling tummy. I'm praying for the hungry and needy in our community tonight and I pray we can all pull together to use our mouth to speak kindness to others and treat others as we ourselves would want to be treated.
me again

Bristol, VA

#22 Jan 14, 2013
poor girl wrote:
How much mon, ey does a person have to make before the food stamps gets cut off? They stopped my electric assistance and foods stamps and stopped helping with my rent and then told me I could no longer live in the govt apartments on dead more st. I'm so pissed right now. They said I was recieving too much child support to qualify for any more assistance. This just don't seem fair! I have 3 kids and they have got to be fed! They're dad's won't do anything but pay child support, nothing extra at all. They don't help with anything else at all and is just there not right .
there are many charities that will help you in the Abingdon area, such as Faith in Action, local churches, if any of the deadbeat dads were veterans, I can help get you some assistance, just let me know
Patrick

Johnson City, TN

#23 Jan 14, 2013
A single parent wrote:
This entire string of hateful comments just makes me sick inside. As "Gosh" wrote there are now going to be 4 children who need help...these children need help with assistance and this mother begs help feeding, raising them and finding support for her basic needs. She is saying that she doesn't know how to work while taking care of them, and she probably does not, it's not easy by any means to raise 4 children let alone be worn from the cruelty that life can throw at a young mother. It takes an entire community to raise a child, Abingdon. I see children every day who need strong mentors to help guide them because their parents aren't able to provide their basic needs on their own separately, they struggle, they work endless jobs and they aren't able to be there. God did not intend for us to raise a child by ourself but with a partner...and today in our society divorce rates are way up that I'm surprised that any marriage makes it anymore. The devil continues to separate our hearts to ultimately attack our precious children and leave them to find their way on their own and to find their way far away from the love of Jesus. All children in our community are our responsibility. Many adults in our area aren't equipped with the tools, soft skills and education, finances, family and community support to know where to begin to raise a family, hold a steady job. A kind word and a stretched out hand can help guide the needy and grow people to their potential. Jesus asks us to take care of the weak...and I am proud to know many people here in our town who do care about this young lady and would like to see her and her children get on her feet and become a person who can help others one day....a mother is one of the most precious gifts a child can have, we should definitely find a way to help this young lady live to her full potential. There is a food bank in Abingdon that helps feed the poor and hungry....I know the day that I found it, it was a blessing answered. If you don't have your basic needs met you can't think about much else then your rumbling tummy. I'm praying for the hungry and needy in our community tonight and I pray we can all pull together to use our mouth to speak kindness to others and treat others as we ourselves would want to be treated.
. Clearly there is something extremely special inside of you. Christ jumps right off the page at me. You are doing your part in the Great Commission. Your piece touched me, and not many things do. Our words are truthful and compassionate and useful to HIS purpose. I wish I knew you personally, because it would be good to call you friend. God Bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Narin 2 hr Princess 98
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 2 hr unreals_dad 34,033
New restaurant exit 17 (Nov '15) 3 hr Youguysgossip2much 33
Abingdon tanning 9 hr appalled 4
Mark Garrett of Abingdon 11 hr Lisa Sprinkle 7
Bradley Dolinger 12 hr Timmy 4
Highlands Union Bank Story and Saga 12 hr Sally Jo 7

Abingdon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance