Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

I have truly "seen it all" now. I just went to the Garrett Funeral Home website to check an obituary and while there, I viewed the online condolences. There was a condolence from Sheriff Fred Newman and members of the Washington County Sheriff's Office. At first, I thought "how nice". I then noticed another familiar name and clicked on that obituary and then on condolences. Once again, the same message was there. I checked each and every obituary on that site and each has the message from Newman and the Sheriff's Office.
Next, I visited Frost Funeral Home. Of course, all of the obituaries contain this message. Even the obituary of the father of Michael Hall (Newman's campaign rival).
This is SO distasteful to campaign in this manner. I thought Fred Newman had a little more tact than this, but evidently, I thought wrong.
new yankee order

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Judged:

this is something that Newman does as a punk good ole boy must not realize he is not out of high school needs to grow up

“Editor”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Judged:

indirect marketing. It's one of many tricks..

“I REALLY mean this!!”

Southwest, Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Maybe he's just being nice. jeez folks.
Sherri Hall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

Judged:

Vcast wrote:
I have truly "seen it all" now. I just went to the Garrett Funeral Home website to check an obituary and while there, I viewed the online condolences. There was a condolence from Sheriff Fred Newman and members of the Washington County Sheriff's Office. At first, I thought "how nice". I then noticed another familiar name and clicked on that obituary and then on condolences. Once again, the same message was there. I checked each and every obituary on that site and each has the message from Newman and the Sheriff's Office.
Next, I visited Frost Funeral Home. Of course, all of the obituaries contain this message. Even the obituary of the father of Michael Hall (Newman's campaign rival).
This is SO distasteful to campaign in this manner. I thought Fred Newman had a little more tact than this, but evidently, I thought wrong.
I want to say thank you to the deputies that called Michael personnally and told him they were sorry to hear about his father. They took the time to call and make sure that we knew they ment it and offered any help if needed. It has been very difficult for us. The loss of a parent is something you never get over. The phone calls, cards, letters, emails, and flowers mean so much. I know who is sincere and who is not.
Sherri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

Judged:

Agent7 wrote:
indirect marketing. It's one of many tricks..
I did not know he sent the same message to everyone until it was pointed out. But it is okay with me. I don't pay much attention to it. I have more things to worry about. Like winning this election.

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

Judged:

Sherri wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know he sent the same message to everyone until it was pointed out. But it is okay with me. I don't pay much attention to it. I have more things to worry about. Like winning this election.
Welcome back Sherri. You've been missed!
Bayou Sally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

Sherri Hall wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to say thank you to the deputies that called Michael personnally and told him they were sorry to hear about his father. They took the time to call and make sure that we knew they ment it and offered any help if needed. It has been very difficult for us. The loss of a parent is something you never get over. The phone calls, cards, letters, emails, and flowers mean so much. I know who is sincere and who is not.
do you think they may of done this just to keep their jobs in case Hall wins the election?
good job guys....
Bayou Sally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

maybe he is not the one who sends the message, maybe it is his secetary and he doesn't know how it makes him look..... pretty awful on something like that.

by the way Sherri I grew up near Glade and new Fred very well and didn't know he had passed away, until I was reading the articles on here. I was very sorry to hear it.
Sherri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

Vcast wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back Sherri. You've been missed!
Good to be back. I helped take care of Mike's dad and was with him when he died. He died peacefully. Michael and I took care of him in our home with the care of hospice until he went to Valley Health Care. We took turns staying with him daily there. I have been unable to check my computer for a while. However, I see that you guys have been very busy.

“Editor”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2007

Sorry for your loss

-
Derek
sharon

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Judged:

You all talk about someone if they dont show condolences and if they do show condolences, so what would you all suggest he do?
nyo

Meadowview, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

if the state each year allocates so many addtional deputy positons for each county why don't Newman take advantage of it . It could mean more law enforcement presents.
Poop

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2008

poop
DEBBIE

Callands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

Judged:

I Think Sheriff Newman and his deputies do a great job. I know if it were not for them my daughter and grand children would not be alive. And I truly do appreciate each and everyone of them. And ask for ALL OFFICERS TO BE KEPT SAFE IN GOD'S HANDS. And as I lost both of my parents not very long ago and know the pain would like to tell THE HALL FAMILY I am very sorry for their loss.
Mike

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

Judged:

I think they do a good job too, Newman shines over the others around here.
Jake

Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2009

Judged:

I agree too, Newman is a Great Sheriff!
abc123

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

whatever...1 year down and 2 to go until its time to hear it all over again..
wonder if newman is running again? i heard he was going to hand it off to andis to finish his term out the last year for him, so it would help andis run next election..
anyone heard this???

Since: Nov 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

First he wil need to get rid of the Dep.Wilson he would not take a report from a lady that had gotten raped at Arbrham falls. She had take out her own warrants and suppeona the Bristol Tn cop to Wash. Co. Court on 01/14/2009
IfUonlyKnew

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

I just want to say that there are several good deputies employed by Newman... and they should be commended on the work they do. But there is a lot that goes on within the Washington County Sheriff's Department that people would be shocked to know. When there isn't some real crime happening in Washington County there is no down time for the Sheriff and his investigators... they keep things alive by fabricating silly little charges against people. Anything to make it look like something is happening all the time and anything to keep Newman in the light...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Abingdon Forum right now

Search the Abingdon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ahs ????? 33 min amazed 58
buy cheap 1 hr jumpmalocker 2
ahs athletic director 2 hr change 25
Next AHS Football Coach 5 hr Willknowsoon 118
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 5 hr abe 1,350
Hot moms at AHS 8 hr Saul Goode 5
Sidelines 12 hr really 7
•••
•••