just me

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 12, 2010
Can anyone recommend a good Realtor? One that will really work for you and provide good service?

Thank you
Kattie

Augusta, GA

#2 Aug 14, 2010
Patty Denton , Highlands Reality is great
Stay away

Bristol, TN

#3 Aug 14, 2010
Stay as far away as you can from Fred Ryan of Advantage Real Estate in Bristol, TN. He thinks he is so much better than everyone else so if you are not buying a million-dollar house he doesn't want to help you at all. It is Fred, his wife Martha Ryan and their son Chuck Ryan.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 14, 2010
just me wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good Realtor? One that will really work for you and provide good service?
Thank you
The Mahaffey Agency on Main St.(Little yellow house near the Barter Theatre.)
swvagirl

Bristol, VA

#5 Aug 15, 2010
Century 21 Shamrock helped me out and my realtor was awesome....she knew my budget was small and still gave it her all until she found me a perfect house that suited my needs perfectly!
New 2 Ab

Knoxville, TN

#6 Aug 15, 2010
Donna Bise helped me find the perfect house in my budget. She didn't try to over or under sell me a property and found the most house for my dollar. She is a class act.
Wear Its at

Knoxville, TN

#7 Aug 16, 2010
Shauna Berry is a great realtor too! She is a very hard worker, and down to earth. Her an her husband own a dairy farm here in Abingdon
LOL

Bristol, TN

#8 Aug 16, 2010
Wear Its at wrote:
Shauna Berry is a great realtor too! She is a very hard worker, and down to earth. Her an her husband own a dairy farm here in Abingdon
But she is a terrible alcoholic just like her mama and her daddy. Oh yeah and her brother Shawn the cop from Marion who was busted for DUI.
seriously

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Aug 16, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>But she is a terrible alcoholic just like her mama and her daddy. Oh yeah and her brother Shawn the cop from Marion who was busted for DUI.
Who really cares about what she does in her personal time. All that matters is how she handles herself at work. And from looking at it she must do a good job, or she wouldn't still have the job.
seriously

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2010
It depends. Are you buying or selling? I had a decent experience with Shamrock when buying but would NEVER recommend them if you're selling. They won't return phone calls. They won't follow up. They won't do what they say they will. The realtor I dealt with was the WORST realtor I've EVER worked with (and I've worked with many) and the management didn't seem to care when I complained.
Falconwave

Paducah, KY

#11 Aug 17, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>But she is a terrible alcoholic just like her mama and her daddy. Oh yeah and her brother Shawn the cop from Marion who was busted for DUI.
Oh, well then - could this possibly be the pot calling the kettle black??? Only those who have never done anything less than perfect could answer with this type of condemnation for others. It is sooo reassuring to live among those who are without blemish!
Beth

Silver Spring, MD

#12 Aug 17, 2010
Stay away from Owens & Company!! John &Beth Mahaffey are great and so is Highlands Realty.
Happy Customer

Rocky Mount, VA

#13 Aug 18, 2010
LOL wrote:
Do not know her family, but she has sold me a home and then sold that one for me then sold me another home over the past 5 years. I would not say she is an alcoholic at all. She has two kids under 5 years old plus sells beef at the farmers market. i am not sure you could be that way and get so much done. She has been and will continue to be my agent for as long as she is doing it. I have never seen any body work so hard for me and be so honest. That is just my two cents worth.
It just seems people on here just want to be so awful and say the worst things about good, hard working people.
Travis Self

Thomasville, NC

#14 Jul 26, 2013
This post about Fred Ryan and his family is the most ludicrous statement I have ever heard in a public forum. I have bought several homes from the Ryans that have range from a $45,000 investment property up to three personal homes that have all been under $220,000. The service and knowledge I recieved was second to none and am waiting on a call back as I type to try and purchase a HUD foreclosed home. That commision isn't exactly going to allow them to retire.
jobless

Bristol, VA

#15 Jul 26, 2013
I have a very nice house for sale with almost an acre of land, gazebo and 2 lawn buildings. Asking 145.900; all brick, new windows, updated kitchen. Have not had anyone look at it yet for some reason. It is close to exit 7 and have very nice neighbors. Realtor contract will be up 9-3-13. If interested please call Prestige Real Estate. I have a deposit on a small place and haste to lose it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 18 min Eternal truth 14,255
Town Planner (Sep '14) 2 hr Rev Donnie Hoskin... 31
Little Caesars is coming BACK to Abingdon, VA 3 hr No Loss 12
Another Place to Drop a Hello ... 4 hr Eternal truth 1,383
Luke's Cafe (May '14) 4 hr Walker 18
Fireworks 17 hr newbie 1
Southwest Virginia Reginal Jail Authority (Oct '07) 23 hr Whatever 320
More from around the web

Abingdon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE