Banker

Bristol, VA

#22 Sep 1, 2010
I have banked with HUB since 1988 and would never change banks. They are great.
Upset with poor business wrote:
Just wanted to let the local or new residents of Abingdon be aware not to bank at Highlands. They treat you badly, and change their policies as they go along. I had a savings account with them and hadn't had time to open my checkings up yet. Within the two weeks they cashed two small paychecks both under $300. Went in today at 5:45, 15 minutes before the dump closes and they wouldnt cash the check. Said it was policy they couldnt without an account there. I told them I had a savings, but they said it didn't count. Needless to say, I requested they give me all the money out of my savings back and closed the account. I went to bank with them because they are only like three minutes from my house. I also have some family members that have banked there for years. They are closing out their accounts next week. One was with me and seen how they treated me and couldn't believe it. I am very upset with this. I only had 15 minutes before 6:00 and lets just say I will go through the weekend without having my check cashed. Thanks Highlands losers.
Not big bank fan

Bristol, TN

#23 Sep 2, 2010
Ever tried to get a loan with one of the "big" banks? Try it - you'll never go anyplace but Highlands Union again!
traveling guy

Knoxville, TN

#24 Dec 1, 2010
big concern the bank is having some serious issues and has signed a written agreement with Feds def put them on watch list
Banker

Bristol, VA

#25 Dec 1, 2010
I have banked with HUB since 1988....22 years now and never had a issue.
Just wondering

United States

#26 Dec 2, 2010
Does anyone know why the stock went from being traded OTCBB (HBKA.OB) to being traded on the pink sheets (HBKA.PK)?
Just wondering

United States

#28 Jan 1, 2011
Anyone know anything? The stock closed out the year at $3.25 a share which is a new all time low.
George

Abingdon, VA

#29 Jan 14, 2011
Has anyone seen on HUB's website that they are a "Troubled Bank" with the FDIC? Look at the FDIC filing on HUB's website. Might want to think about what you do there. Just saying... Additionally, I know that their officers and employees have been accused of stealing things from clients in lawsuits and that they have been accused of taking homes from little widow women right before Christmas... Is this the bank you want?
fain

Clarksville, TN

#30 Jan 14, 2011
federal banks or credit unions are pretty good...wish we had them here..
Bear hunter

Blountville, TN

#31 Jan 31, 2011
I've been banking with them since 88. In all those years I have had only one bad experience! At exit 7 branch there is an employ there( the oldest one there) that was a total b!@ch to me in front of everyone! Just because maybe caught her on a bad day. Any way I told her what she was and how she is then called the President and told him what happened...as soon as I walked out the door! Less then 2 hours later something was done! She still works there and when I go in you should see that fake smile she puts on when I walk in! It's kinda funny!
Abingdon Resident

Greeneville, TN

#32 Feb 5, 2011
@fain
We do have Federal Credit Unions in this area; United Southeast FCU, I know you have to work for a company or be an immediate family member of someone who does to have an acct. but they are great. Several branches in Bristol, Abingdon and one in Lebanon now.
Karen

Niota, TN

#33 Feb 5, 2011
I too have moved both of my accounts to First Bank & Trust!! My mother in-law had an account at Bank of America in Glade but the older woman named Hope Harless got to discussing my mother in-laws business around town so she too moved her account too!!
American Redneck

Charlottesville, VA

#34 Feb 5, 2011
Yes, I too was at Highlands for years, but I ended up moving everything. The internet service is lousy, you can only talk to somebody during banking hours when you're lucky and then the credit card is quite a bit higher than other banks in Abingdon. The only good thing is the drive thru hours. The People are great and try to help when they can, but you can't deal with management. That's why no new branches or advertisments. It's Sad that a good thing was run in the ground.
Betty Faith

Bristol, VA

#35 Feb 5, 2011
Karen wrote:
I too have moved both of my accounts to First Bank & Trust!! My mother in-law had an account at Bank of America in Glade but the older woman named Hope Harless got to discussing my mother in-laws business around town so she too moved her account too!!
Yes, I to have heard awful things about this old woman Hope Harless. The manager at the Bank of America in Glade Springs, is waiting for one more reason to fire her. She has a bad habit of getting on the Bank phone and starting trouble for other good people, that she knows nothing about. She and her husband Buddy have a miserable life being married to each other. They are miserable and they think the rest of us should be miserable, too. So if any of you have any complaints against her at the Bank, just call her Manager and let him know.
CUZ

Bristol, VA

#36 Feb 6, 2011
Best bank in SW VA. Done business there for many years, they have been very nice to me on every visit.
Andy

Bristol, VA

#37 Feb 7, 2011
Good Bank!
Tammy

Kingsport, TN

#38 Feb 8, 2011
Why is that this lady keeps popping up everywhere you turn? She must be some piece of work. This is a forum about Highlands Union Bank and there she is again. Karen sounds like your mother in-law is just another one of her victims. Maybe you should call her work and report her as others have done. She needs to be run out of town!
Betty Faith

Bristol, VA

#39 Feb 8, 2011
Tammy wrote:
Why is that this lady keeps popping up everywhere you turn? She must be some piece of work. This is a forum about Highlands Union Bank and there she is again. Karen sounds like your mother in-law is just another one of her victims. Maybe you should call her work and report her as others have done. She needs to be run out of town!
Yes Tammy your exactly right, this lady keeps popping up everywhere you turn. After all this must be all her and her family have to do is try to make every one's life miserable, just because indeed their own lives are miserable. SAD,SAD,SAD!!! Yes and there she is again popping up on yet another forum. Karen's mother in-law is indeed just another one of her victims, and there's many more! And as I said, the Manager at the Bank of America in Glade Springs, is waiting for more reasons to fire her. She has a bad habit of getting on the Bank phone and starting trouble for other good people, that she knows nothing about. So if any of you have any complaints against her at the Bank, just call her Manager and let him know. Absolutely, she needs to be run out of town! And please don't forget the rest of her miserable family and so called friends!!! As everyone knows, her and her husband Buddy have a miserable life being married to each other. They are miserable and they think the rest of us should be miserable, too. Once again, BEWARE OF THE CRAZIES!!!
Just wondering

Charlottesville, VA

#40 Mar 11, 2011
Well, the stock is down to 3.15. Mr. Neese is still making over 200K a year. It must be a really hard job doling out money to your family so they can go bankrupt. I wonder how many loans were made to for houses his son sold. There really should be a criminal investigation.
bluridr94

United States

#41 Mar 12, 2011
i have banked with first bank and trust and highlands union and now have wachovia and eastman credit union... The limited lending powers of the small banks hub and first bank and trust were just lousy. It is quite a bit easier to get a loan with the smaller bank but the terms are ridiculous... I currently have a used car loan for 60 months at 3.99% with eastman.

Highlands union has been rude to my fiance and i on numerous occasions. she has only ever banked there. I went in one day to deposit a check into her account, and the idiots there did not deposit the check, the cashed it and gave the money to me. I did not have to show id or even give my name. This has happend twice. That is probably the most ridiculous thing that i have had happen there. That is completely unsafe of them to do. Whenever i go to eastman or wachovia, there is no questions asked whatever i do they see my id. Eastman has a picture of me that pops up on there screen, i feel much more secure with my money being in either one of those banks anyday.

Also to the people who overdraft their accounts frequently, you should not have such poor budgeting as to let this happen. Dont blame a financial institution for you getting charged for taking money you do not have.
true that

Auburn Hills, MI

#42 Mar 12, 2011
I had a join account in Glade with my now ex-husband. I had direct deposit, he was not working. We were going though a divorce. So I went in to close the joint account and open one in my name only. They told me we both had to be there to do that. I took out my money out, leaving $1. The now ex-husband went in and they closed it without me being there. It's true! They make up the rules as they go along... Glad I got my money out first! I still have an account with them, but I will never have another joint account.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for the most racist company in Abingdon. 32 min the OBAMA CARD 21
Oh yeah (Jun '14) 34 min eternal truth 4,116
Bowles who? 12 hr Knows better 8
Review: Falcon Pharmacy (May '13) 12 hr Knows better 9
Apes rule 22 hr cracker 5
Dawn Wallace Thu smart gurl 2
Hot Coach Thu AHS16 6
Abingdon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web