Wal-Mart will pay $250,000 to disable...

Wal-Mart will pay $250,000 to disabled woman it fired

There are 6 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jun 10, 2008, titled Wal-Mart will pay $250,000 to disabled woman it fired. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will pay $250,000 to a pharmacy technician who suffered a disability resulting from a gunshot wound and was subsequently fired from one of its Harford County stores, the U.S. Equal ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Current WM worker

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Jun 10, 2008
I was demoted too and had a pay-cut/position change, due to permanent disc problems and now the company ONLY lets me work 3 days/wk. I was full-time before the dr put me on a wt limit and said I had to have access to a stool while I worked. I'm STILL MAD and this happened in 2005.
AZ student

Flagstaff, AZ

#3 Jun 11, 2008
People who have a disability are regularly discriminated against when trying to get a job. And 99% of the time, are allowed to get away with the discrimination. Instead of complaining that people who have a disability use up state and federal money every year and are a huge waste to educate, how about actually hiring if they are at least as qualified as other applicants? Then they would be able to contribute to society, what a though!!
AVC

United States

#4 Jun 12, 2008
It is so easy to NOT SHOP at Walmart. There is one at the edge of my neighborhod that I've spent LESS than $20 in since it was built.

“HdG Citizen, and Voter”

Since: Apr 08

Havre de Grace

#5 Jun 13, 2008
avc...good for you to not use a store that insiders know has a institutionilized, cult like, disdane for everyone NOT wallmart.

Truck drivers who deliver to wall mart dist centers are harassed and met with rudeness...harshness...and are forced to endanger themselvs with rediculass requirements and scheduling that is OUTSIDE common industry practices !!!!!

Drivers from common carriers are not allowed to park on property more than 1 hour before delivery time...even when transporting goods cross country. This causes drivers to look for a spot to park for a few hours in your community...tired...

If the driver is late...they are refused...and turned away...this is draconian to say the least and is NOT COMMON INDUSTRY PRACTICE.

They are surley scumbags that feel the world revolves around them.

“HdG Citizen, and Voter”

Since: Apr 08

Havre de Grace

#6 Jun 13, 2008
Part two to last post.....

Just in time logistics very often leaves only enough time to drive the miles required to get from a to b....without consideration for weather...delays outside driver controll...resulting in late deliverys...this is accepted and allowed in most large companie distribution centers. Not at wallmart...scumbags !
Torie

Madison, WI

#7 Jul 1, 2008
Yet another example of Wal-Mart's insensitive and damaging actions. Wal-Mart has been nominated in Corporate Accountability International's 2008 Corporate Hall of Shame for its egregious actions, including failing to cover employees under the corporation’s health plan. To learn about Wal-mart and the other nominees go to http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/cms/page165... and cast your vote!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do not buy from jones junction used cars (Jul '12) Jul 5 BRYAN 93
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 PFC Jones 19
News U.S. lending helping hand on student loans (Feb '08) May '16 May772 4
News Reputed 'Bloods' Gang Member Charged In Shooting (Mar '06) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 453
News Abingdon Panera fundraiser for Sheriff's Office... Mar '16 PatFrance 1
Suicide of danyelle filiaggi (May '15) Mar '16 Danyelles friend 9
How much is rent at Windsor Valley? (Apr '08) Feb '16 Tweet 37

Abingdon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abingdon Mortgages