gardenbug

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2007

We used to have a book about the Streater family settling in the Queets area. The book was loaned out and never returned. Does anyone know anything about this book, such where I might find another one or who wrote it?
Thanks for any info you can give me.
Streater family

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2007

gardenbug wrote:
We used to have a book about the Streater family settling in the Queets area. The book was loaned out and never returned. Does anyone know anything about this book, such where I might find another one or who wrote it?
Thanks for any info you can give me.
I don't know anything about a book but it would be interesting to read. My family was related to Pearl Streater of Quinault (Queets) I am trying to find information on the Streater family cemetery located on the homestead. I found a picture of it in some of my mothers belongs. Carol
yellowdog

Kermit, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

I found some info online while reseraching the Streater family. Just Google "Frederick N. Streater" (in quotes) and you should see some excerpts from a book put out by a historical society in the Aberdeen Washington area.
Streater Granddaughter

Hoquiam, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

I am the granddaughter of George W. Streater, the first white man born on the Queets River. The book you are referring to is "Trails and Trials of the Pioneers". It is out of print but often available on the internet. I know the location of the family cemetery, and would love to hear from other family members. Please contact us at mgstamon@comcast.net We're anxious to hear from you.
Grandmother at Queets

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Looking for more info on the Queets and families that lived there. My Grandmother was Gertrude Hunter (Alspaugh). I have photos of her and others. Where was the swinging bridge?
Streater Granddaughter

Hoquiam, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

Grandmother at Queets wrote:
Looking for more info on the Queets and families that lived there. My Grandmother was Gertrude Hunter (Alspaugh). I have photos of her and others. Where was the swinging bridge?
Not sure where the bridge was, but I could find out for you. I
believe it was in the area of the Northrop homestead, but I'm not sure. Would love to see the photos you have - I'm looking for one of the Streater homestead. Is there any way you can scan and e-mail them? There is a Queets/Clearwater Pioneer Reunion that is held on the Clearwater River the first full weekend of August every year. Everyone is welcome to attend, and there are always lots of stories and pictures to share. We are working hard to keep the area history alive in younger generations.
Bill

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

I may attend this event just for the history. I backpack up and down the Queets every summer. it is heaven to me. Can you provide more information about this event?
Streater Granddaughter

Hoquiam, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

Bill wrote:
I may attend this event just for the history. I backpack up and down the Queets every summer. it is heaven to me. Can you provide more information about this event?
The event is always the first full weekend in August. This year it will be August 6th and 7th. People start showing up mid-week before the event, and some stay for a few days or a week after the event. It is held on the gravel bar at the public access area - easily visible from the Clearwater Road. People camp and have a great time, there are always people with stories and pictures, and everyone is welcome. There is a big barbeque (meat provided, and people bring whatever else sounds good as a potluck) on Saturday afternoon. Multi-generational, and lots of fun, no reservations needed. Hope you can make it.
pasta tarifleri

Kocaeli, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

kolay pratik pasta tarifleri pastakurabiyetarifi.com resmili kurabiye pasta süsleme
Faye Honea

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Streater Granddaughter wrote:
<quoted text>
The event is always the first full weekend in August. This year it will be August 6th and 7th. People start showing up mid-week before the event, and some stay for a few days or a week after the event. It is held on the gravel bar at the public access area - easily visible from the Clearwater Road. People camp and have a great time, there are always people with stories and pictures, and everyone is welcome. There is a big barbeque (meat provided, and people bring whatever else sounds good as a potluck) on Saturday afternoon. Multi-generational, and lots of fun, no reservations needed. Hope you can make it.
===hello..I am the granddaugter of John Streater ..his youngest daughter Grace Genevieve is my mom..age 93. I have some photos and info that were hers..and I'd like to find a good home for them. Can you contact me by email? flyawayfaye@aol.com

My cousins are Sari and Ruth (Ruth Risley) of Hoquiam.
Let me know if you'd like the old stuff I have?
Faye Honea
Streater Granddaughter

Hoquiam, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Faye Honea wrote:
<quoted text>
===hello..I am the granddaugter of John Streater ..his youngest daughter Grace Genevieve is my mom..age 93. I have some photos and info that were hers..and I'd like to find a good home for them. Can you contact me by email? flyawayfaye@aol.com
My cousins are Sari and Ruth (Ruth Risley) of Hoquiam.
Let me know if you'd like the old stuff I have?
Faye Honea
***I would love to have the photos and information, and will share it with other members of the family. I can be reached at mgstamon@comcast.net. I'll share my phone and address information if you e-mail me.....
Jessica SansomKowoosh

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

i am interested in anything that has to do with the HISTORY of Queets Wa/any photos,music/people etc. I want to teach my kids our family history..thank you-js
jsansom@quinault.org
Jessica Sansom Kowoosh

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Iam interested in ANY History of Queets Wa I want to teach my kids our Family History, so if you have any pictures of Queets, or know of anyone who does feel free to email me thank you js

jsansom@quinault.org
Ed Alspaugh

Harrison, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Hello, I must be your cousin. My dad, Robert D. I have some photos of Grama Alspaugh (Hunter) up in the Queets as well as others from a long time ago.

As a child, I remember walking up the river with Uncle Harold, my Dad, Grampa and Grama. I was little but seem to remember the bridge being up river. We crossed several times by walking, then I remember the bridge. Oh and huge berries. Who knows after all these years.
Ed Alspaugh

Harrison, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Does anyone know how the Kinzua Lumber Company came to be located in the Queets? It's interesting that Gertrude Hunter Alspaugh also lived in the Kinzua area in Pennsylvania.
Donovan Rafferty

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Ed Alspaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, I must be your cousin. My dad, Robert D. I have some photos of Grama Alspaugh (Hunter) up in the Queets as well as others from a long time ago.
As a child, I remember walking up the river with Uncle Harold, my Dad, Grampa and Grama. I was little but seem to remember the bridge being up river. We crossed lseveral times by walking, then I remember the bridge. Oh and huge berries. Who knows after all these years.
I have an old photo of the swinging bridge and posted it on Facebook. Jacilee Wray, ONP, NPS has compiled a large amount of information on the settlers of the Queets. It is fantastic. Efforts are underway to complete the project to provide copies to families conected to the Queets/Clearwater.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Aberdeen Forum right now

Search the Aberdeen Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
naughty??? 15 hr Jenwilliams2014 3
up for gay sex now want it nowx (Dec '12) Mar 29 Noah Jackson 63
City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue Mar 28 Kurt The Doper Kid 5
aberdeen is a very dangerous place to live and ... (Aug '07) Mar 28 Kurt The Doper Kid 362
needs female rottweiller Mar 28 mike crighton 3
A town like Nirvana Feb '14 Dream Crystal 3
Obama says 1 million signed up for health care Feb '14 Mary 238
•••
•••

Aberdeen News Video

•••
Aberdeen Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Aberdeen Jobs