Police Probe Fatal Hit-And-Run Crash ...

Police Probe Fatal Hit-And-Run Crash In Aberdeen

There are 192 comments on the WBAL-TV story from Jul 31, 2009, titled Police Probe Fatal Hit-And-Run Crash In Aberdeen. In it, WBAL-TV reports that:

Aberdeen police are investigating a fatal hit-and-run crash involving a pedestrian.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBAL-TV.

aberdeen resident

Aberdeen, MD

#85 Nov 20, 2009
Wow...took long enough....where and how did they finally get him?
auntie

Wilmington, DE

#86 Nov 21, 2009
Well Thank God!!!
I hope he is punished to the full extent!!!
He deserves the worst!!!
rUserious

Grand Rapids, MI

#87 Nov 21, 2009
just an aberdeen girl wrote:
this entire post just seems very personal and vendictive. Apparently you guys have alot of issues you need to work out. It seems that this "man" couldn't have been all bad all the time if he worked to take care of his son and he fell in love with another women, who from what I here worshipped the ground he walked on and he too, but then she passed away and he took the responsibility of financially taking care of her 2 children until the oldest moved out. The youngest was still there until the time of this accident, and had no problem what so ever taking anything he was willing to hand out.
WOW. WHO ARE YOU? I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't talk sh*it out your ass. You don't know anything, and its obvious. WHY WOULD YOU EVEN POST THIS? its rude and uncalled for. YOUR FACTS ARE WRONG. They're so incorrect that you have managed to royally piss me off.
TerryOh

Midland, NC

#88 Nov 21, 2009
T M I

Glen Burnie, MD

#89 Nov 21, 2009
You people are really trash how can you be glad that this guy has been arrested for something that he didnt do maybe if you all new the shit he has done for those stupid fu*king step kids of his you would see what trash them girls are they steel from him and their dead mother now that is WRONG !! so maybe you all should take a minute and think about the shit i just said on how they stole their mothers crap to pawn it isnt that great its the only thing they had and now its gone for what who only knows and yes they have took his car other times but they dont care and there is nothing he could really do because he didnt want the stress. and anyway im sorry for the person who got killed but what were they doing in the road was he dunk since you all assume that this guy did this and that he was drunk!!!
auntie

Wilmington, DE

#90 Nov 21, 2009
T M I wrote:
You people are really trash how can you be glad that this guy has been arrested for something that he didnt do maybe if you all new the shit he has done for those stupid fu*king step kids of his you would see what trash them girls are they steel from him and their dead mother now that is WRONG !! so maybe you all should take a minute and think about the shit i just said on how they stole their mothers crap to pawn it isnt that great its the only thing they had and now its gone for what who only knows and yes they have took his car other times but they dont care and there is nothing he could really do because he didnt want the stress. and anyway im sorry for the person who got killed but what were they doing in the road was he dunk since you all assume that this guy did this and that he was drunk!!!
You have NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT MY NIECES THAT WAY!!!
AND TO SPEAK OF MY SISTER IN THE SAME BREATH??? YOU'RE THE STUPID EFFING PERSON HERE....SHE'D KICK YOUR ASS IF YA SPOKE OF HER GIRLS LIKE THAT TO HER FACE,SHE LOVED THEM UNCONDITIONALLY...IF THEY'VE DONE THINGS THAT AREN'T VERY ADMIRAL SO BE IT, SHE WOULD LOVE THEM ALL THE MORE!!!.......I'M SO PISSED RIGHT NOW IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!
GIVEN HIS TRACK RECORD, HE WAS DRUNK....YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!
RSme

Port Deposit, MD

#91 Nov 21, 2009
How about the poor man that was killed?? Isn't that what this forum is about? Don't think anyone cares what is going on in the life of the person that hit him and left him on the road.
justiceserved

Baltimore, MD

#93 Nov 23, 2009
aberdeen resident wrote:
Wow...took long enough....where and how did they finally get him?
he was arrested at the aberdeen moose.. where it all began that night !!
aberdeen girl

Baltimore, MD

#94 Nov 23, 2009
rUserious wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW. WHO ARE YOU? I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't talk sh*it out your ass. You don't know anything, and its obvious. WHY WOULD YOU EVEN POST THIS? its rude and uncalled for. YOUR FACTS ARE WRONG. They're so incorrect that you have managed to royally piss me off.
WRONG !!??? THEN WHY IS HIS ASS IN JAIL !!??? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !! PISSED OFF WHY?? MAKES NO SENSE.. UNLESS YOURE GUILTY TOO !!
aberdeen

AOL

#95 Nov 23, 2009
just another crack dealing punk gone
hahhaaaa hhahaaaa4804

Baltimore, MD

#96 Nov 23, 2009
Baltimore Sun reporter

2:31 p.m. EST, November 23, 2009

* EmailE-mail
* printPrint
* increase text size decrease text size Text Size

Aberdeen police have charged a 49-year-old man with negligent homicide while under the influence of alcohol in connection with a July 31 hit and run on Route 40.

A Harford County grand jury indicted William Lee Skillman of Aberdeen in the death of Jarrett Anthony Vaughan, 19, also of Aberdeen. Skillman was arrested late Friday and remains at the Harford County Detention Center in lieu of $100,000 bail. Police said he was also charged with negligent homicide with an auto while impaired, driving under the influence and several other related offenses.

Police have not released details of their investigation, but they identified Skillman as the driver of a 1999 white Dodge Durango that struck Vaughan and left the early morning accident near the highway's intersection with the Route 715 overpass. Vaughan was pronounced dead at the scene.
urignorant

Baltimore, MD

#97 Nov 23, 2009
aberdeen wrote:
how would you feel if it were your Son or Grandson dead because of this creep!!??? shame on you - youre ignorant !!
shame

Baltimore, MD

#98 Nov 23, 2009
aberdeen wrote:
you mad you boyfriend is in jail LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!! hope U go with him.
austinz

AOL

#100 Nov 23, 2009
i wouldnt call this a murder but i call it manslaughter sad both these guys lifes are screwed up.and i bet both of these guys family lost a lot of sleep. iv ben on the shit side of the law and i also know how loss feels so i agree this was a fuked up all the way around.stop hating this man i think he was scared and ran''big mistake'' and garfeild was at wrong place wrong time.let the man r.i.p
auntie

Wilmington, DE

#101 Nov 23, 2009
austinz wrote:
i wouldnt call this a murder but i call it manslaughter sad both these guys lifes are screwed up.and i bet both of these guys family lost a lot of sleep. iv ben on the shit side of the law and i also know how loss feels so i agree this was a fuked up all the way around.stop hating this man i think he was scared and ran''big mistake'' and garfeild was at wrong place wrong time.let the man r.i.p
It is manslaughter yes...BUT, his life was already going down the shitter..........and yes, I'm sure his family was worried and all, but honestly covering for him was in poor judgement on their part.........I'm glad they finally got enough on him to charge him and I hope that this will bring a little closure to the family of that poor innocent young man!
Sorry for ya WILL..........RIP Garf!!!
rUserious

Grand Rapids, MI

#102 Nov 23, 2009
I really don't like how these peoples lives are being put on blast. What does Will Skillmans dead wives and "family" have to do with this? none of that matters. The man killed a young man who had a lifetime in front of him. he's n more than a killer. This forum needs to be deleted. It's a place for you all to sh*t talk. THIS ISN'T ABOUT ANY OF THAT! a kid was killed!!!! You all need to grow UP.
auntie

Wilmington, DE

#103 Nov 24, 2009
rUserious wrote:
I really don't like how these peoples lives are being put on blast. What does Will Skillmans dead wives and "family" have to do with this? none of that matters. The man killed a young man who had a lifetime in front of him. he's n more than a killer. This forum needs to be deleted. It's a place for you all to sh*t talk. THIS ISN'T ABOUT ANY OF THAT! a kid was killed!!!! You all need to grow UP.
Well maybe if he had acted a little more grown up himself back in February of '08 and since, I could actually feel sorry for him.....he was an asshole then and continued to be one towards his "wife's family" as you call it....there was no need of his actions and maybe if he'd "got off the bottle" like my sister tried to help him with NONE of this would have happened..........I feel terrible what happened to that boy, he screwed up that family forever, just like he did my sister's family and his wife before her! Now unless you know him personally and can actually condone his actions you need to stay out of it, because his actions in the past and leading up to that moment he decided to get behind the wheel while drunk,has everything to do with it....he's been caught a few times driving drunk and many times got away with it, it's too bad he had to take someone else's life in order to be stopped...too bad what he had hit that night wasn't a big old tree instead of Garf, then maybe we wouldn't be analyzing HIS useless life!!!! He would be the one gone from this Earth, and I bet there wouldn't be THAT many people mourning him....I"m just glad my sister isn't here to have to endure this crap, and thank God on Will Skillman's judgement day he won't be meeting up with my sister....he'll burn for his wrong doings!
So yes, "I'm SERIOUS" everything he has done in his life has lead up to this moment, and how he treated his "dead wife's" family should prove he wasn't much good....we all were mourning our daughter/sister, who we had had for over 40 years...he'd only been in her life about 7...he man handled her/my 82 year old dad, who had just lost "the apple of his eye" and accused her/my 80 year old mother of stealing her daughter's things....what kind of man does that? He was worried about material things more than the life that was lost!!! Just like he is doing now, if he has any remorse it won't be for that boy or his family, it will be because he's losing the life he knows on the outside!
I want to apologize greatly to Garf's family for venting like this, but maybe knowing a little about the man that did this will help. He is well liked by his drinking/druggie biker buddies, but anyone with the least bit of class knows what kind of scum he is!

People's past lives and track records are used ALL the time in court cases...I just want people to know he wasn't as great as some try and paint him!!! So yes, his past has a lot to do with the present....if Garf's family doesn't think so then so be it, but who are you to question what is right and wrong to talk about here? Last I checked it's still a free country and we are allowed to state our opinions.....it's just that sometimes the truth hurts doesn't it?
auntie

Wilmington, DE

#104 Nov 24, 2009
oh and by the way rUserious, you don't HAVE to like how his life is "being put on blast"....just don't read it is all......he is the cause of his own life being put up like this....for every action there is a reaction! This is a public forum and we all have the right to react the way we want, like it or not. My advice to you if you don't, is to NOT read!
udkme

Toms River, NJ

#105 Nov 24, 2009
I understand that you all want to hate Will Skillman, and IF he did this, you have every right in the world to hate him. but NONE of you can prove or disprove what may or may not have happened that night! But never the less...His family doesnt need to be drug through the mud for it. His son didnt do a damn thing to cause this poor boys life to be taken. and his grandson sure as hell didnt do anything. You all get on here and shit talk about people who had nothing to do with the accidednt just because they are related to him. His former wives have nothing to do with the accident--and I guarantee if either of them were alive and with him when this happened, either one would stand by his side until it was all said and done and the guilty OR not guilty verdict was delivered. I know what Will Skillmans life consists of, and I will not deny that he has made a lot of bad decisions in his life....but we all have a right to a trial. You are not the jury! And just because someone lives thier life a certain way doesnt automatically make them guilty of one particular incident. Yes, it makes them a likely suspect but it doesnt prove guilt. I, myself have let other people drive my vehicle, and im sure many, if not all, of you have done the same... and I know for a fact he isnt the only one with a set of keys to that durango! It could have been a number of people driving his vehicle that night. Like I said--no one knows for a fact what happened that night, but remember INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! And remember that his family doesnt deserve the crap you people have said about them-reguardless if he did it or not.
just an aberdeen girl

Aberdeen, MD

#106 Nov 24, 2009
udkme - THANK YOU! I happen to know him and alot of the family. Certain people already have him tried and convicted. I just get really aggrevated when people sit on the side lines and bitch. He is good enough when he is taking care of everyone and everything...but then when he makes a mistake of any kind you want him pulverized! I have seen first hand the genorisity this man has and I have seen LOTS of people take advantage of him. He has had things stolen from his home from people he has taken damn good care of. But let's just forget about that....let's forget all the bad decisions other people make because they don't count...Yeah Right! It must be uncomfortable for you to sit up there on your high horse looking down at all of us humans. Because obiviously you have NEVER made a mistake or used bad judgement. Everyone just needs to leave this alone and stay the hell out it. If you are needed you will know it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aberdeen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hepatitis C at lucky 13 tattoo shop (Oct '08) Jul 20 trevor cooper 59
The good and bad areas of Aberdeen (Aug '08) Jul 14 Nikkyf22 24
Perry Point Classic Car show (Mar '07) Jun '16 Katie 2
News Second suspect arrested in December Aberdeen sh... May '16 WordPress Toronto 1
News Bruno Electra-Ride II Stairlift: Beware of PC C... (Nov '10) May '16 Dan 2
aNNETTE crazy netty May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 3
News Reputed 'Bloods' Gang Member Charged In Shooting (Mar '06) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 453

Aberdeen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aberdeen Mortgages