Nearly 200 women, children now remove...

Nearly 200 women, children now removed from West Texas polygami...

There are 47 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 5, 2008, titled Nearly 200 women, children now removed from West Texas polygami.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Child welfare officials say they have removed nearly 200 women and children from a West Texas retreat built by polygamist leader Warren Jeffs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Cicero, IL

#2 Apr 5, 2008
What a contrast to when Bill Clinton and Janet Reno were in charge with their Waco Branch Dividian fire storm in an almost identical situation.

Edwardsburg, MI

#3 Apr 5, 2008
46 women now, too? Good for them. They have probably been looking for a way out of that insanity for a long time. I wish them and the children all the best in acclimating to the real world. They are going to need a lot of help.

Luverne, MN

#4 Apr 5, 2008
JDB wrote:
sounds like they just want to protect them from a bunch of nuts
Good Grief

Chicago, IL

#5 Apr 5, 2008
They have been brainwashed. Are the church people losing their minds?

United States

#6 Apr 5, 2008
IS there any attorneys out there that will do a class action against its minister and church? That church is loaded and you can't blame this one on the Jesuits ! In my religion sue is a verb not a name!!

United States

#7 Apr 5, 2008
And most of the young boys left and became FBI agents . no werdos in that compound.

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 5, 2008
JDB wrote:
....the state is not marring 14-15 year old girls off against their will.

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 5, 2008
1st off if you believe in any religion you are seriously disturbed. if you believe in a non-popular one you are insane or so the moral majority would have you chicago they let an illegal immigrant hide in church for months instead of removing her and deporting her for fear of rankling catholic e on morons get a life and see past the stupidity

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#13 Apr 5, 2008
Think I'll wait to comment. Lets see if anyone was married 'against their will'. Or maybe the women were loaded on the bus against their will....who knows for sure!??!?!
And lets first see if anyone was abused.
So far it looks as though the accused 'abuser' was in Arizona and didn't even know what was going on. But I'll take that with a grain of salt too, till the whole truth comes out.
Some states allow 14yr olds to marry, so I'll wait till everything comes out and see whats what.
Waiting for more info----

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#14 Apr 5, 2008
Lorna wrote:
<quoted text>
....the state is not marring 14-15 year old girls off against their will.
No the state is strip searching teens against their will and saying its part of their "protocol".
These girls were 'arrested' for "trespass to a public sidewalk". But they were not CONVICTED of anything! It was supposed to be a "tour" of the facility.
Teen Girls Strip Searched:

And heres just a taste of what else the state has in store.

Rape & Torture of Hope Steffy:

Angela Garbarino beaten off camera:
Mother ship

Cedar Lake, IN

#15 Apr 5, 2008
I don't know which is scarier --- the church or the state.
Mother ship

Cedar Lake, IN

#16 Apr 5, 2008
Good Grief wrote:
They have been brainwashed. Are the church people losing their minds?
We have been brainwashed. Are we citizens losing our minds?

Hammond, IN

#17 Apr 5, 2008
Child the Name of the Lord Our God. Shame on them, hiding behind God to do their sick business.

Didn't any of you follow CNN"s non-stop stories about these places? The cowards who run these places don't want any of the women to get out because they'll tell the world what's going on and that will get the cowards angry.

Get in there and get those kids out before we have another Branch Davidian holocaust.

Compounds of any kind should be illegal. Compounds are nothing but JAILS....they have armed guards. Helicopters can't even get close. That's not a community. That's a place that has some da*m big secrets going on inside.

Any large group of people who set up shop but do not let the "residents" of such compound move about freely, well that's a jail. That's incarceration. Kids are being born into this.

That kind of crap is NOT religion. It's nothing but a men's men in a candy shop. A big perverts club.

All of those men who forcibly marry young girls, or marry their young cousins should be in jail and be branded as registered sex offenders because that's what they are. Pigs.

The only thing is these perverts have money and hide behind the name of God. And the government allows it. Go in and get those guys. Rescue those children.

Look. This isn't a "bad government" thing, it's the government's responsibility to go in there and I know it's the government's total fault for letting sickness like this set up shop in many states in the U.S. and in Canada.

United States

#18 Apr 5, 2008
Stop this sickness. Get these poor girls and women out of there.

Festus, MO

#20 Apr 5, 2008
Soon we will be an Islamic nation under Obama and have 3 wives and men will be happy and non-violent. Hillary is trying to thwart this agenda. Repuke her!

Greeley, CO

#21 Apr 5, 2008
To those innocent of any crimes, the guilty must come to justice, even if they are working for the State of Texas, even if they planned these press releases asa media event to fool you and the American people in order to get away with white slavery and other crimes against humanity. Stay tough.

Arlington Heights, IL

#23 Apr 6, 2008
Mother ship wrote:
I don't know which is scarier --- the church or the state.
Very succinct point.

And I have a strange feeling that the state wouldn't dare set foot on this compound if it were a mosque.
Dude wheres your head at

Moline, IL

#24 Apr 6, 2008
Notice how Bush has kept his mouth shut about this whole case, which is like something out of a third world country. He talks about spreading freedom to Iraq, as if any US citizen cares what goes on there as long as it does not impact oil prices. However, what does Bush have to say about protecting freedoms in the US. Mums the word.
Chicago Guy

Melrose Park, IL

#25 Apr 6, 2008
I am kind of curious, why were the women and children removed from one church with buses from another church (see video) and if neither the accused or the accuser were at the ranch, why did any of this happen ?
Chicago Guy

Melrose Park, IL

#26 Apr 6, 2008
Another Thought, were the women and children removed to avoid bad press when the authorities provoke the men on the ranch into a shootout. I guess we'll see as events unfold...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Country icon joins George, Laura Bush for birth... Tue betty johnson 1
News Orlando nightclub rampage on minds of many at D... Sep '16 Rick Perry s Closet 2
Randy Keelin Sep '16 SMJ 1
News $25 Million Gift to Establish New Dental School... Sep '16 Proper Words Police 14
News Police in West Texas town of Alpine search for ... Sep '16 wendy 1
News Episcopal school accused of ignoring bullying o... (Jun '11) Sep '16 Ex TEC 2
News Two giant sinkholes in West Texas expanding, re... Sep '16 nunya 3

Abbott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbott Mortgages