Women, Children Removed From Polygami...

Women, Children Removed From Polygamist Compound

There are 40 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Apr 4, 2008, titled Women, Children Removed From Polygamist Compound. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Authorities investigating a report of an underage marriage plan a fourth day of searching for children and documents at a compound built by jailed polygamist leader Warren Jeffs south of this West Texas city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Heather

United States

#1 Apr 7, 2008
Oh Wow. That crazy.
TEXAS BEST

United States

#2 Apr 7, 2008
well this tells us how hard up a man will get and they have nothing better to do but rape children.i have seen some of these children and wifes in stores when traveling to HOBBS NM and i thought that was going on when i saw them people they have those children dressed so crazy and they act if they havent been to town and as if they never seen a black person before and the men look like they r having sex with them little girls.so sad.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Apr 7, 2008
BTW, does anyone know which State Dale Barlow (the reported FLDS Leader/convicted sex offender ordered to report as one is LISTED in a Sex Offender Registry?
I've searched every State Registry in and around Texas and have come up with nothing.

"Barlow pleaded no contest last year to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor, The Associated Press reported.

***He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years***, according to the AP.

His lawyer in that case told the AP he had not spoken to Barlow in a year."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/05/texas.ran ...

This dude is a poster child for pedophiles!

“Save The Children!!!!!!!! !!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 7, 2008
To whom it may concern,
My name is Lynne Lane, my husband Anthony Lane and I are trying to find his
three children. We know they are with their mother who lives within the Tony
Alamo Ministry Cult. He has several compounds across the nation, we think the
children are somewhere in Arkansas or Oklahoma but we are not sure. Tony Alamo
moves them around so it is very difficult to know exactly where they are. The
children are 13, 11, and 9, two girls and a boy. The girls are in danger of
being married off to much older men within the cult or even Tony Alamo himself
who is in his seventies. The children in the cult have been reported to being
sexually, physically and emotionally abused. We are very concerned. We have
tried contacting local and national authories in this matter but there is no
coorperation. We need natioal exposure to stop this evil, horrible man from
abusing anymore children.
The top story today about the compound in Eldorado, TX is very similar to what
is going on within the Tony Alamo Cult. This man needs to be stopped. We need to
save the children before it is to late. Please we need help exsposing this
terrible man amd getting those women and children out of there. You can find
everything you need to know about the Tony Alamo cult at www.Tonyalamonews.com . You
can contact me at anytime by email. My email address is [email protected]
Thank you for your time.
Lynne Lane

Location hidden

#5 Apr 7, 2008
I was in the same cult as Lynne's husband.
I escaped.
It's not easy for a child who's been brainwashed.
PACA

AOL

#6 Apr 7, 2008
How do we get Arkansas DHS to intervene into the Alamo cult?? We've tried everything here. It is like they are either too lazy or afraid to do something. He rapes little girls. He arranges marriages. He has the children beat. Is anybody listening. Go to tonyalamonews.com and read of this pervert. Its all verifiable facts. Texas CPS, call Arkansas and tell them how to do it right.
fed up with the mess

United States

#7 Apr 7, 2008
Dyann PACA West- CA wrote:
I was in the same cult as Lynne's husband.
I escaped.
It's not easy for a child who's been brainwashed.
Why are you so weak to follow the teachings of a cult and then to subject your daughters to the perverted men. Why? How could you do that as a mother? Did you not know right from wrong? How could you be so weak minded?
fed up with the mess

United States

#8 Apr 7, 2008
TEXAS BEST wrote:
well this tells us how hard up a man will get and they have nothing better to do but rape children.i have seen some of these children and wifes in stores when traveling to HOBBS NM and i thought that was going on when i saw them people they have those children dressed so crazy and they act if they havent been to town and as if they never seen a black person before and the men look like they r having sex with them little girls.so sad.
That is just nasty and gross. Why is this mess allowed to go on? Why is it only whites get caught up in this cult mess? Why are there no blacks in the cult?
Lennette

Azle, TX

#9 Apr 7, 2008
It's horrible and scary all at the same time. It's all too reminiscent of the incident at Mt. Carmel.
My heart goes out to all those poor children and young woman.

As far as the comment about only whites being caught up in cults, if you do your research, you will find that both the Branch Davidians and The People's Temple in Jonestown were multi racial.
happy medium

Carrollton, TX

#10 Apr 7, 2008
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text>That is just nasty and gross. Why is this mess allowed to go on? Why is it only whites get caught up in this cult mess? Why are there no blacks in the cult?
Hey you racist...over 900 committed suicide at the Jonestown cult...the vast majority were black. There was also a Rasta type black man who led an incest cult in CA. His kids often were also his grandkids...and he killed people who tried to escape.
broonboon

San Jose, CA

#11 Apr 7, 2008
What is also unjustifiable are the Lost Boys who are the unwanted males born to the girls and young women for three generations.

They end up with no education or skills other than what they might have learned while imprisoned from birth on these compounds of young girls used as breeding stock for the sexual pleasure of old men.

They leave and become street kids because they are untutored for life in the modern world.
broonboon

San Jose, CA

#12 Apr 7, 2008
PACA wrote:
How do we get Arkansas DHS to intervene into the Alamo cult?? We've tried everything here. It is like they are either too lazy or afraid to do something. He rapes little girls. He arranges marriages. He has the children beat. Is anybody listening. Go to tonyalamonews.com and read of this pervert. Its all verifiable facts. Texas CPS, call Arkansas and tell them how to do it right.
Here's the link to the whole tawdry story of Tony Alamo.
http://www.tonyalamonews.com/572/the-splc-rep...
Staci

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Apr 7, 2008
It's amazing this can happen right in your own backyard. What I don't understand, is how NO one new about this ranch.

“LMAO she is so phony”

Since: Mar 08

Right here where I am sitting

#14 Apr 7, 2008
People know. They just do nothing about it. I am guessing they have to have surveillance and intell and all that other mumbo jumbo. Because the courts are so messed up, they have to have all their i's dotted and t's crossed to make sure that the case will even make it to court.

I would be very interested in a show done on people suceptible to being drawn into cult's. I hate to say this, but even in Christianity, I am interested in knowing how people grow up to believe so whole heartedly in these particular religions. And why do some of us "rebel" I guess you could say and take another path.

Its all very disturbing and interesting. I hope that the families here get their children back safely.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 7, 2008
<quoted text>Why are you so weak to follow the teachings of a cult and then to subject your daughters to the perverted men. Why? How could you do that as a mother? Did you not know right from wrong? How could you be so weak minded?
I followed my Grandmother in 1969 when Tony's Crimes were still under developed.
I left before I knew of them when I was 20.
I suffered for years with post traumatic stress disorder. I didn't have children until I was 24 and OUT OF THE CULT!
What the hell are you smoking???

I'd like to know who made you so bitter against kids.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 7, 2008
<quoted text>That is just nasty and gross. Why is this mess allowed to go on? Why is it only whites get caught up in this cult mess? Why are there no blacks in the cult?
You ARE an idiot!
What the hell does colour have to do with anything?
What colour were 85% of Jim Jones' dead victims???
If you are so fed up, I suggest you research for yourself and get up off your couch and actually express you outrage to authorities and/or the Media!!!

“Save the children from ”

Since: Mar 08

Texarkana

#19 Apr 7, 2008
Man thats kinda rude but I wont judge you. I did wont to share with you about Tony Alamo's black wife and son though. You know he has many. Anyway I hear he calls his black wife and black son the N's. Do you know what I am saying.? http://search.todaysthv.com/sp...
http://search.todaysthv.com/sp...

Location hidden

#20 Apr 8, 2008
CAJUN PACA wrote:
<quoted text> Man thats kinda rude but I wont judge you. I did wont to share with you about Tony Alamo's black wife and son though. You know he has many. Anyway I hear he calls his black wife and black son the N's. Do you know what I am saying.? http://search.todaysthv.com/sp...
http://search.todaysthv.com/sp...
He's also replaced her true name with "Monkey".
That's the only name he calls her.

Location hidden

#21 Apr 8, 2008
LALA1 wrote:
People know. They just do nothing about it. I am guessing they have to have surveillance and intell and all that other mumbo jumbo. Because the courts are so messed up, they have to have all their i's dotted and t's crossed to make sure that the case will even make it to court.
I would be very interested in a show done on people suceptible to being drawn into cult's. I hate to say this, but even in Christianity, I am interested in knowing how people grow up to believe so whole heartedly in these particular religions. And why do some of us "rebel" I guess you could say and take another path.
Its all very disturbing and interesting. I hope that the families here get their children back safely.
The Alamo Compound in Fouke AR also has ARMED guards.

Location hidden

#22 Apr 8, 2008
LALA1

The ENTIRE town of Fouke, AR "knows".
They have been "doing" as much as possible with reporting to authorities for years.
It is the CORRUPT elected officials who DO NOTHING.
MOST of them are bought and paid for by ALAMO.

But thank you for your positive hopes for the families. We pray for them every day and continue to POST everything everywhere to shed light on his
crimes to the World, and eventually get enough authorities so embarrassed by their "back turning" to HAVE to do something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News $1.5 Million to Prevent Cervical Cancer in West... Mar 12 cocerned voter 14
News West TX raids nets multiple arrests, cache of d... Mar 9 face facts 4
News Arlington school district buys former Eastern S... Mar 8 Near Phart 3
West Music Thread (Apr '13) Feb 28 Musikologist 12
News The strange (tall) tale of armed border crossers Feb 25 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Nude maid service raising eyebrows in Texas city (Apr '12) Feb '17 Capitalist Phart 45
News Two giant sinkholes in West Texas expanding, re... (Jun '16) Jan '17 Whattt 4

Abbott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbott Mortgages