Times endorses four in March 4 judicial races

Feb 23, 2014 Full story: El Paso Times 11

El Paso Democratic primary voters will select candidates for three state district judge positions, as well as the chief justice of the regional appellate court.

Full Story
Analyst

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 23, 2014
Chief justice, 8th Court of Appeals The incumbent, Ann Crawford McClure, is widely regarded as one of the most talented appellate judges in Texas. She has served as a justice on the 8th Court of Appeals, which includes El Paso and 16 other West Texas counties, since 1995, and has been chief justice since 2011.

Last year she was elected to chair the Council of Chief Justices, which includes representatives of all 14 appellate court districts in Texas. This position uniquely positions McClure to play a major role in the functioning of the Texas judiciary.

Her opponent, Mario Gonzalez, lacks McClure's appellate experience and hasn't made a strong argument for change. She also has a butter face and would not represent the new feminist type that El Paso enjoys, women who are great in the sack and prudent on the bench.
Where Crazy Lives

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 23, 2014
Marcos Lizarraga is a horrible judge, the worst in a courthouse inhabited by many a bad judge.

He is an El Paso embarrassment. The examples of his bizarre, irrational and just plain crazy decision-making, all well-documented in hopscotchjudge.com , are just the tip of a deep, pernicious iceberg that reveals itself more and more every day.

But without a campaign to boot Lizarraga off the bench, who would ever know?

The El Paso Times never gave us the facts. The El Paso Times never told us how lousy he is. All the Times can say is that Lizarraga is a "disappointment." That's putting it mildly.

It is hypocritical of the Times to call for the Michele Locke Campaign to take down the website.

The Locke Campaign is simply doing the job the Times should have been doing all along - showing that Lizarraga is a clear and present danger to justice in El Paso.

Do not keep Lizarraga. He is lousy, and

Sincerely,
Where Crazy Lives
MILF ticket

El Paso, TX

#3 Feb 23, 2014
Where Crazy Lives wrote:
Marcos Lizarraga is a horrible judge, the worst in a courthouse inhabited by many a bad judge.
He is an El Paso embarrassment. The examples of his bizarre, irrational and just plain crazy decision-making, all well-documented in hopscotchjudge.com , are just the tip of a deep, pernicious iceberg that reveals itself more and more every day.
But without a campaign to boot Lizarraga off the bench, who would ever know?
The El Paso Times never gave us the facts. The El Paso Times never told us how lousy he is. All the Times can say is that Lizarraga is a "disappointment." That's putting it mildly.
It is hypocritical of the Times to call for the Michele Locke Campaign to take down the website.
The Locke Campaign is simply doing the job the Times should have been doing all along - showing that Lizarraga is a clear and present danger to justice in El Paso.
Do not keep Lizarraga. He is lousy, and
Sincerely,
Where Crazy Lives
Judge Locke's got some TITS on her! She's got my vote for damn sure!

Judge X's got my vote, too. His tv commercial depicts his mom as quite the hottie!
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#4 Feb 23, 2014
MILF ticket wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Locke's got some TITS on her! She's got my vote for damn sure!
Judge X's got my vote, too. His tv commercial depicts his mom as quite the hottie!
I'd say she's a D cup or at least a heavy C.
The Real SJM

El Paso, TX

#5 Feb 23, 2014
NBA center Jason Collins will be the first openly gay active athlete in the four major American professional sports when the Brooklyn Nets reportedly sign him to a 10-day contract today, according to Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.

Collins came out to Sports Illustrated last April while he was a free agent. Unlike John Amaechi, who came out in 2007 after retiring, the 34-year-old Collins wanted to continue his basketball career. And now he'll get that chance with the Nets.

From a game perspective, Collins wouldn't be Brooklyn's starting center, though the Nets desperately need big men depth with Brook Lopez missing the rest of the season after a foot injury. Collins could realistically poach some minutes from the bench with his only competition being Andray Blatche and Mirza Teletovic. But the larger story, of course, is Collins breaking a significant barrier in American professional sports.

The Nets play the Lakers in Los Angeles tonight at 9 p.m. I will be tuning in because this guy is my hero.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6 Feb 23, 2014
The Real SJM wrote:
NBA center Jason Collins will be the first openly gay active athlete in the four major American professional sports when the Brooklyn Nets reportedly sign him to a 10-day contract today, according to Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Collins came out to Sports Illustrated last April while he was a free agent. Unlike John Amaechi, who came out in 2007 after retiring, the 34-year-old Collins wanted to continue his basketball career. And now he'll get that chance with the Nets.
From a game perspective, Collins wouldn't be Brooklyn's starting center, though the Nets desperately need big men depth with Brook Lopez missing the rest of the season after a foot injury. Collins could realistically poach some minutes from the bench with his only competition being Andray Blatche and Mirza Teletovic. But the larger story, of course, is Collins breaking a significant barrier in American professional sports.
The Nets play the Lakers in Los Angeles tonight at 9 p.m. I will be tuning in because this guy is my hero.
What the Hell does your comments have to do with state and district judges in the up coming election? Is this Collins in the Magic Johnson Club?
The Real SJM

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 23, 2014
Mr D El Paso wrote:
<quoted text> What the Hell does your comments have to do with state and district judges in the up coming election? Is this Collins in the Magic Johnson Club?
If you're asking whether or not he has AIDS, I'm not sure. If you mean to ask if he's in Magic's culo and just misspelled it, I don't think so. As far as I now, Magic got AIDS form a needle and not from gay butt sex.
The Real Ella

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 24, 2014
I think Francisco Dominguez is an individual our county may need if indeed he does care about the civil rights of EL PASOANS. I just hope he isn't one of the clique gang members of O'Rourke, Veronica Escobar, Paul Foster, the CEO of City Housing Auth., and the CEO corruption of Emergence Health Network.. This "clique" swaps everything with each other on their plate, so if you go to one, you may as well not go to anyone else cause their all one and the same.

VOTE FOR ANYONE ELSE BUT VERONICA ESCOBAR.
L Morales

El Paso, TX

#9 Mar 1, 2014
El Paso Times a joke. A lap dog liberal media weapon of the corrupt el paso democrats 5th grade readIng level El Paso Times did everything in their power to tarnish Oscar Leeser's reputation and get far left liberal Steve Ortega elected as Mayor.... Goes to show the beast can be defeated.
negrito

El Paso, TX

#10 Mar 1, 2014
L Morales wrote:
El Paso Times a joke. A lap dog liberal media weapon of the corrupt el paso democrats 5th grade readIng level El Paso Times did everything in their power to tarnish Oscar Leeser's reputation and get far left liberal Steve Ortega elected as Mayor.... Goes to show the beast can be defeated.
nice recap you joto
Tania

El Paso, TX

#11 Mar 1, 2014
I cannot believe the arrogance of Rosa Cervantes and her husband Bert at the poll stations. They spend more time screaming at the opponents and spewing negative hate. They personally behave like low life's who have no business wanting to profit from the taxpayer just because Rosa's Private Process Business is going broke. They are desperate and their behavior was a turnoff. Get a real job, walking a Judge to her car everyday has got to be the pits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 3 hr Nurse 679
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Manny 535
Bible Library Oct 23 jwdudley 4
Local Same-Sex Couple Speaks Out About Gay Marr... Oct 20 jwdudley 2
Abbott Music Thread (Sep '13) Sep 28 Musikologist 6
Dallas' annual gay pride parade draws thousands... Sep 27 Ed 18
cassie laplant Sep '14 angel 1

Abbott News Video

Abbott Dating
Find my Match