VA Regional Office Closes Doors, But ...

VA Regional Office Closes Doors, But No One's Talking

There are 1 comment on the KWTX story from Oct 8, 2013, titled VA Regional Office Closes Doors, But No One's Talking. In it, KWTX reports that:

The Disabled Americans Veterans said Tuesday it remains open to assist veterans under a contingency plan, working from mobile and temporary sites until the shutdown ends and the VA reopens its doors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KWTX.

Jimmy Howard

AOL

#1 Oct 8, 2013
I would like to thank the VA Waco for processing my claim after 395 days. As a Republic of Vietnam combat veteran, all I need now is health care. I was in Dallas last week and waited 5 hours for an X-ray and could not get one because the machine was broke.

I had to wait 6 months at Fort Worth for rehab. I was extended another physical rehab opportunity 1 year ago and VA forgot about me. And oh by the way, my travel pay was literally stolen for a few years. Disabled veterans get travel pay because of the difficulty in traveling to health care places. Yes, you can see the list of those stealing travel pay because their names are posted at the travel pay window.

My provider doctor left VA and his patients were divided amoung the other doctors. My new doctor got an extra 500 patients. If lucky I get to see my new doctor every 7 months even with my serious health conditions.

Veterans are a unique case. We suffered on the battle field and came home with disabilities. I did not ask for any of this. I defended my country above and beyond the call to duty. Insurance is hard to get with preexisting conditions. Over the years I have been a very high at-risk group.

The VA has many fine employees, but the care is rationed care. Go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 3 hr Fart news 938
News East Texas man arrested for 1989 slaying of Wes... Jul 26 Donny Brook 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 25 fartman 762
News Business owner helps former inmates find work Jul 25 convict 2
News Taking the wraps off the art of ZZ Top Jul 14 lhud 1
Thank you President Bush (May '11) Jul 13 Neutral Party 2
News West Texas county clerk issues 'declaration' in... Jul 9 WasteWater 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbott Mortgages