Your opinion: Daily train traffic pro...

Your opinion: Daily train traffic problem is growing

There are 4 comments on the Newms360.com story from Aug 15, 2014, titled Your opinion: Daily train traffic problem is growing. In it, Newms360.com reports that:

Twenty-five years ago, Tupelo's growth was making travel on its limited streets almost impossible.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newms360.com.

Trains

Tupelo, MS

#1 Aug 15, 2014
Build neighborhoods so a person does not have to travel to get the things they need. Stop putting retail in a clump or schools that need busing. The problem is city planning which is done for profit rather than quality of life.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#2 Aug 18, 2014
In 1960 there were 8 grocery stores on Green St between Day Brite Dr and Barnes St. The inventories were small with very limited selections. They were similar to the Quick-Marts of today. It's unlikely that we will see a return to having a store like that on every block. You might complain a lot if you had to walk to such a store and get dinner from what they offered, Trains(?).
Trains

Tupelo, MS

#3 Aug 18, 2014
You did not have an obese population then and you still have scarcity today. Everyone will never have all their wants and desires, bigger is not better.
You had 8 owners making fair living rather than 8 people getting public assistance.

Since: Sep 14

Location hidden

#4 Sep 25, 2014
I've noticed a dramatic increase in traffic, throughout Mississippi (& Baton Rouge) since hurricane Katrina. I'm wondering how many people didn't go back to NOLA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jamon moton Sep 28 Killers in prison 1
Jessica Chambers Murder Sep 24 Who 2
A sit in Sep 23 Oh yeah 1
get you ole miss stew Sep 21 whos next 1
the rebel luck gone Sep 18 rebels bites the ... 2
News On the menu: Northeast Mississippi food inspect... Sep 17 Reality 1
News Alabama-Ole Miss Part 3 will be determined by l... Sep 17 bama wins 1

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance