Pedestrian Fatality
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Pedestrian Fatality

Rayne, LA

#1 Dec 10, 2008
Summer Martin was killed last night in an auto-pedestrian accident as she was walking in front of Queens Ranch near Henry. Her mom is Coleen Fabian. She was a waitress at RiverFront. She was about 23 years old, and left behind a precious little child who was about one. Please pray for the family at this most tragic time.
just a reader

Youngsville, LA

#2 Dec 10, 2008
good lord darling. i surely will.
Raccoon Dog

AOL

#3 Dec 10, 2008
Very sad. Never a good time to lose a loved one, but espically bad at this time of year.
GOD BLESS THEM

AOL

#4 Dec 10, 2008
Pedestrian Fatality wrote:
Summer Martin was killed last night in an auto-pedestrian accident as she was walking in front of Queens Ranch near Henry. Her mom is Coleen Fabian. She was a waitress at RiverFront. She was about 23 years old, and left behind a precious little child who was about one. Please pray for the family at this most tragic time.
WHEN ARE THE ARRANGMENTS & WHERE, MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HER FAMILY & FRIENDS.
City Hall

Rayne, LA

#5 Dec 10, 2008
GOD BLESS THEM wrote:
<quoted text> WHEN ARE THE ARRANGMENTS & WHERE, MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HER FAMILY & FRIENDS.
Vincent Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Heartbroken

Rayne, LA

#6 Dec 10, 2008
Pedestrian Fatality wrote:
She was a waitress full of life and energy and very helpful. She kept a very clean house. Todd Travosas has lost a good tenant.
I heart Abbeville

United States

#7 Dec 10, 2008
What a tragic lost, especially for that poor infant. I have a young child, and my biggest fear besides losing her, is leaving her motherless. May the lord see her through to heaven and let her become her child's guardian angel.... I weep for this family although I do not know them.
BIG POPPA

Abbeville, LA

#8 Dec 11, 2008
POOR THING, BLAH BLAH BLAH...IF HER MOTHER WOULD NOT HAVE TOLD HER TO LEAVE, SHE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE TODAY...YES, HER MOM TOLD HER TO LEAVE BECAUSE SHE WAS DRUNK. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FRINED WHO DROPPED HER OFF AND LEFT HER THERE...HMMMMMM, SOMETHING DOES NOT SOUND RIGHT...I HOPE THE STATE POPO'S (FULL GROWNS) DO THEIR JOB RIGHT AND CHARGES WHOEVER NEEDS TO BE CHARGED.
The Truth Please

Abbeville, LA

#9 Dec 11, 2008
BIG POPPA wrote:
POOR THING, BLAH BLAH BLAH...IF HER MOTHER WOULD NOT HAVE TOLD HER TO LEAVE, SHE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE TODAY...YES, HER MOM TOLD HER TO LEAVE BECAUSE SHE WAS DRUNK. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FRINED WHO DROPPED HER OFF AND LEFT HER THERE...HMMMMMM, SOMETHING DOES NOT SOUND RIGHT...I HOPE THE STATE POPO'S (FULL GROWNS) DO THEIR JOB RIGHT AND CHARGES WHOEVER NEEDS TO BE CHARGED.
If this is true then this must compound the grief for the mother. This is trully a tragic incident and no doubt the healing process will be long. Extra prayers this morning for this young lady and her family.
Rachel Moss

Baton Rouge, LA

#10 Dec 11, 2008
I am very sorry to hear of the accident and my heart and sympathies go out to her family. My prayers are with all of you.
MrsCuldesac

White Castle, LA

#11 Dec 11, 2008
BIG POPPA wrote:
I don't think none of us are in the position to judge right now, how heartless of you at a time like this, no matter what transpired, this family needs prayers and support from their community. My heart goes out to all of this family and our family will be praying for you peace and comfort. You never expect to bury a child, no words could ever comfort a mother in mourning,but may heaven send all the Angels to hold you in your time of grief.
MrsCuldesac
bansheegyrl21

Georgetown, TX

#12 Dec 22, 2008
i am truley sorry for what has happened to summer..i knew her very well..her and my cousin has a beautiful little 8 month old..and i dont think its fair for summers family to pretend the daddy doesnt exsist since this has all happened...
support

Rayne, LA

#13 Dec 22, 2008
bansheegyrl21 wrote:
i am truley sorry for what has happened to summer..i knew her very well..her and my cousin has a beautiful little 8 month old..and i dont think its fair for summers family to pretend the daddy doesnt exsist since this has all happened...
Does he pay child support and visit the child?
roostergirl

Georgetown, TX

#14 Dec 22, 2008
i knew summer fairly well also...i knew enough to know,my heart goes to her,and may she rest high on the mountain in peace..she was a beautiful girl,and has a beautiful son..although,i also know she learned to be somewhat selfish..from what i hear,she must of got it from her mom...and again,i do pray for her mom as i know this has to be very heartbreaking to have lost her daughter..may all the family get comfort from our prayers....
bansheegyrl21

Georgetown, TX

#15 Dec 22, 2008
support wrote:
<quoted text>
Does he pay child support and visit the child?
yes he did pay summer money.. and it wasnt child supprt from court....it was his own doing for the baby..but never got to see the baby when he asked to...she would always call and promise him and never show..and wouldnt answer the phone..and would always play mind games with him..i think it has alot to do with her mother., i think its a selfish situation...she would always get his hopes up and let him down..this is all so hard for him to
coleen

Rayne, LA

#16 Dec 22, 2008
don't you think Summer's mother has suffered enough? I have known her for a long time and never known her to be selfish.
bansheegyrl21

Georgetown, TX

#17 Dec 22, 2008
i know the mother must be goin through alot..but it doesnt make a right wrong...this is all so tragic..and none of it will ever make any since..life is full of surprises..and no one ever sees it shameful..we will all miss summer..everything all happens for a reason.. and it doesnt seem fair...
sorry4yourLoss

Georgetown, TX

#18 Dec 22, 2008
what about the childs father..didnt he deserve to find out about it when it happened..and not 10 days later..i think thats selfish..
coleen

Rayne, LA

#19 Dec 22, 2008
if he would have been more involved he would have found out sooner. And if he had been a more decent man maybe he should have married her instead of making a baby then RUN. After all she was honest and hardworking and very attractive
HEARING OFFICER

Rayne, LA

#20 Dec 22, 2008
bansheegyrl21 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes he did pay summer money.. and it wasnt child supprt from court....it was his own doing for the baby..but never got to see the baby when he asked to...she would always call and promise him and never show..and wouldnt answer the phone..and would always play mind games with him..i think it has alot to do with her mother., i think its a selfish situation...she would always get his hopes up and let him down..this is all so hard for him to
Don't blame the Mom. If he wanted to see the child and she refused, a decent man would have taken her to court. Your excuse is feeble at best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Suire 1 hr Mattchew 11
Term Limit 7 hr Catherine 5
Bullies Mon doyoumissclintonyet 3
Immulate heart of mary Jan 21 DATS ALL GOOD 2
Fire cop that handcuffed teacher Jan 18 guest 14
rat (Jan '14) Jan 17 Saycheeze 4
Abbeville/Erath Jan 17 Inquiringminds337 1

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance