The Disposability Of Marriage. WTF Happened?

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

OneHundrethMonke y

Kaplan, LA

#1 May 14, 2013
Maybe this fish is way too big to fry. "The Disposability of Marriage". I think what is meant by that quote is...The ease of which so many are able to just throw away their marriage after they have already committed to Marriage, Children, Home, Responsibility, etc.

Are people growing out of these things? Are young adults getting out there and saying, to hell with the crap my parents committed to.? I'll never marry nor have children. I'm going to live for myself and live easy, with very little commitment.

Please, let us know what you think, but please, take time to ponder on it before you state the obvious. We will only learn what's happening when we ask and make those "hard" statements and stop living in a world of lolly pops and dragons.
Mitchell

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 May 14, 2013
Monkey, who is "we"?
Mai' I hope dats not a multiple transgender thing.
Lollipops are sweet. They'll attract anything.
Dragons are very unappealing. Especially what comes out of their mouth.
I wish things could be different.
It's to easy today to rid ones self of responsibility in today's world.
I appreciate your concern.
You already have a value system in place that is stellar.
...there will never be a "middle of the road" in this country again......
MrsCuldesac

United States

#3 May 14, 2013
Kmsl, well I love lollipops & Dragons, there is something about them and that era! Lol
Well, some marry thinking they are on the Easy road, as in money in the new marriage and then years down the road realize, wtf was I thinking!
I had a call today, from a woman for help... She is very unhappy!
My advise was if you didn't marry him for all the right reasons, what made you think it would ever be a loving, spiritual marriage? She said, I thought I would grow to Love him! Thank goodness No children together!
Tanner

Kaplan, LA

#4 May 15, 2013
Wow! shouldn't you be talking about this in private with your wife if your married???? not posting on Toxpix??
OneHundrethMonke y

New Orleans, LA

#6 May 15, 2013
Tanner wrote:
Wow! shouldn't you be talking about this in private with your wife if your married???? not posting on Toxpix??
What, do you have inside info on me that I'm having problems with my marriage Tanner?

And no, this is for everyone to see and learn from.
justsaying

Kaplan, LA

#7 May 15, 2013
Well yes lots of people do give up and move on , but who are we to judge others. No one knows what goes on it others lives and couples just don't talk anymore I think is a main problem. Talking is so important, so lets not be so fast to judge others for what they do and don't do in any type of relationship, but in my line of work I can tell you it a problem with couples not sitting down and talking, not yelling are speaking loud to each other. It would be a much better world if we all spoke to each other the way we want to be spoken too!!!
WHATEVER

United States

#8 May 15, 2013
Donnell, we all know you are not the person to be giving advise on marriage!
MrsCuldesac

Tomball, TX

#9 May 15, 2013
Maybe I am! Maybe I've seen it all
MrsCuldesac

Tomball, TX

#11 May 15, 2013
Kmsl, lol well on that point maybe your right!
OneHundrethMonke y

New Orleans, LA

#12 May 16, 2013
Ok WTF is up with the Clueless, Nuts, Spam judgements? I bring up a totally moral topic and there are those who come on here and judge contrary to common sense and moral logic.

If I had a hammer people, I'd hammer at morn, noon, and night upon the !@#$% of all these contrary A holes that just love to "get em hatin" on Topix. The only thing is, I don't know who they are and where I can find them (YET)

Better wise up. And get yourselves on the right side of things or your life will turn toxic. "You reap what you sow" is truer than you can possibly imagine.
OneHundrethMonke y

New Orleans, LA

#13 May 16, 2013
So then, on the institution of marriage and family. Maybe, the idea of staying single and not having children (for some) needs to be talked about in the church. That might open up a few of the sheep's eyes a lil. It would probably explode into a national conversation real quick if that were to happen. I know the crooked media would be all over that chestnut.
MrsCuldesac

Call, TX

#14 May 16, 2013
How do you want them to talk about it in the churches when most of the ones in the church who were deacons, had messed up their own marriages and done drugs, etc... Used whores you names it! Some were the ones to be talking to couples getting ready for marriage or counseling those in las troubled marriage! How can a marriage get fixed if the one trying to helP them get fixed isn't fixed himself? Ready for God to witness a faithful, truthful marriage !
Oh you just do not know what I've witnessed in my lifetime!
Okay here comes the Nuts,Spams! Clueless!
When all the while the judgers r clueless!
Mitchell

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 May 16, 2013
OneHundrethMonkey wrote:
So then, on the institution of marriage and family. Maybe, the idea of staying single and not having children (for some) needs to be talked about in the church. That might open up a few of the sheep's eyes a lil. It would probably explode into a national conversation real quick if that were to happen. I know the crooked media would be all over that chestnut.
I'm not quite sure which direction you're going with that. If that's a protaganists point of view, the catholic church is the ultimate oxymoron preaching the sanctity of marriage while forbidding priests to marry.
Mitchell

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 May 16, 2013
MrsCuldesac wrote:
How do you want them to talk about it in the churches when most of the ones in the church who were deacons, had messed up their own marriages and done drugs, etc... Used whores you names it! Some were the ones to be talking to couples getting ready for marriage or counseling those in las troubled marriage! How can a marriage get fixed if the one trying to helP them get fixed isn't fixed himself? Ready for God to witness a faithful, truthful marriage !
Oh you just do not know what I've witnessed in my lifetime!
Okay here comes the Nuts,Spams! Clueless!
When all the while the judgers r clueless!
For the life of me, I don't know how you get away with using those words!
If I try , immediately I get a "please refrain" from da man!
But I did like your choice of the verb "used" when refering to hoe ers.
My verb woulda been a little more graphic! Lol!
MrsCuldesac

Call, TX

#17 May 16, 2013
Lol wait about to put a shock on Here in a few weeks!
Shocked

Ponchatoula, LA

#18 May 16, 2013
MrsCuldesac wrote:
Lol wait about to put a shock on Here in a few weeks!
and I will help you one hundred percent
MrsCuldesac

Call, TX

#19 May 16, 2013
Thank u
lol

Houston, TX

#20 May 17, 2013
What about all these people who cheat on their spouse. Marriage is for better or worse. Marriage means you share yourself with one person for the rest of your life. Marriage doesn't mean have an affair with every guy you meet. Some people these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who will be Vermilion's next Sheriff? (Mar '10) 2 hr Hey no brains 1,663
Poll Who will be vermilions next sheriff? 8 hr U R Not From Broo... 15
what about Jp ? 10 hr louisiana skys 5
Twins Brandi & Mandi (Jun '12) Sat ahs99 2
Can iPhone 5S play 1080p or 720p MKV movies (Oct '13) May 22 reasonforgood 2
Poll Why are Indians so ugly and jealous of white pe... (Jul '13) May 21 MDee 149
The VPSB superintendent is a BULLY. May 20 Voter 56
More from around the web

Abbeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]