Riverfront Restaurant
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
CHOCOLATE

Ada, OK

#1 Mar 14, 2013
Will Riverfront Restaurant rebuild in Abbeville?
Polecat

Lafayette, LA

#2 Mar 14, 2013
part of the building is going to re-open as a bar, Rumor has it. They are also planning to have a kitchen on wheels. I don't know where they plan to travel. I don't think they are going to rebuild a permanent kitchen there. Kinda doesn't make sense to put up an expensive building on property you dont own. They need to jet out from that location alltogether, and let their landlords find out what their little piece of property is really worth. They offered to buy the property at about 50K more than it was appraised at. Owners must be on dope. They are willing to accept 2 million dollars.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Mar 14, 2013
They just might get it! It is as prime as prime gets for vermilion parish.
i heard...

Lafayette, LA

#4 Mar 14, 2013
I heard they are rebuilding across from VC. And they still have at least 20 left on the lease of the other property...which they will probably hold on to just so the owner can't sell.
MrsCuldesac

Houston, TX

#5 Mar 15, 2013
Well when they done with the lease, it would be Nice if someone would open up a place kinda like Mulatte's! A gorgeous Resturant, where you could dance, and listen to good music! Would be great for the tourist, and bring visitors to downtown establishments, like in the old days! More boutiques, and lil cute shops! It's way over due!
i heard...

Baton Rouge, LA

#6 Mar 15, 2013
Ha! As if the people will support cute boutiques. How many have closed due to no community support.
need

Abbeville, LA

#7 Mar 15, 2013
what we need is a hore house. i'm tierd of choking my own chicken
ho ho ho

Abbeville, LA

#8 Mar 15, 2013
need, there's a few right here on topix just take them to ya house.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#9 Mar 15, 2013
[QUOTE who="i heard..."]I heard they are rebuilding across from VC. And they still have at least 20 left on the lease of the other property...which they will probably hold on to just so the owner can't sell.[/QUOTE]I heard they are rebuilding at the same spot as you heard. I have no idea about their current lease, however. I will be one of the first to know because I am on the planning commission, and all new construction has to be approved by us before they start construction. We denied Mid South Bank on 167 because they wanted to put up a modular building, which is prohibited by city ordinance.
Iberia

Abbeville, LA

#10 Mar 15, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>I heard they are rebuilding at the same spot as you heard. I have no idea about their current lease, however. I will be one of the first to know because I am on the planning commission, and all new construction has to be approved by us before they start construction. We denied Mid South Bank on 167 because they wanted to put up a modular building, which is prohibited by city ordinance.
What about Iberia bank? It to is a modular building.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#11 Mar 16, 2013
Iberia wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Iberia bank? It to is a modular building.
Buildings built before the ordinance went into effect are grandfathered. The ordinance went into effect about six months ago. Mobile homes cannot be older than 15 years old unless in place before the ordinance, and Chairty Street, Historical District, All areas on the west side of the river except trailer parks, State Street, all new mobile home placement is prohibited. Mobile homes before the ordinance was passed are ok, but if they move one that is ok, a new one can't take its place on the above streets I have mentioned. Camper parks are now prohibited on the streets I have mentioned.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#12 Mar 16, 2013
Mobile homes are also illegal on the By Pass unless in place before the ordinance.
Yippee..

Abbeville, LA

#13 Mar 16, 2013
Fred wrote:
Mobile homes are also illegal on the By Pass unless in place before the ordinance.
Thats right Fred, keep them laws straight...!!!
MrsCuldesac

Franklinton, LA

#14 Mar 16, 2013
Fred wrote:
Oh Mr. Fred, I've got a 18 wide, took a house mover to move it! Tried moving with a mobile home mover truck, to get to the Culdesac, truck broke down! House too heavy!
So if I've got to go quickly, due to the Volcano near to me in the Gulf erupts, will I be able to haul azzz down the bypass to a more safer location?
You know all dat talk about dat darn Volcano got me Preparing for the worse, just in case!
I was just asking, sure can't get No More crap on dat long Rap sheet I've got!
Your expertise, would greatly be appreciated!
Thank you, hope all you fruit trees are doing good.... Lol

FYI. You can cut back your Bananas now!
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#15 Mar 17, 2013
MrsCuldesac wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Mr. Fred, I've got a 18 wide, took a house mover to move it! Tried moving with a mobile home mover truck, to get to the Culdesac, truck broke down! House too heavy!
So if I've got to go quickly, due to the Volcano near to me in the Gulf erupts, will I be able to haul azzz down the bypass to a more safer location?
You know all dat talk about dat darn Volcano got me Preparing for the worse, just in case!
I was just asking, sure can't get No More crap on dat long Rap sheet I've got!
Your expertise, would greatly be appreciated!
Thank you, hope all you fruit trees are doing good.... Lol
FYI. You can cut back your Bananas now!
I ate my first banana on Friday. It ripened on the tree. They are better than the ones at the store. The new law passes by the city council only applies to the areas and streets mentioned above. If the circumstances are right, the city council can let someone have a variance. Next on the agenda is a sign ordinance and an abandoned structure ordinance which are public safety issues.
want

Abbeville, LA

#16 Mar 17, 2013
I heard you eat all kinds of banana's
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#18 Mar 17, 2013
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
He likes the ones that make pudding. Lol
You would be a lot more believable in the negative things you post about me if you would not post comments like that. It just shows you have an intense dislike for me, so you will make up things that aren't true because of your dislike for me. Posters aren't stupid. They see right through you.
USL Alumni

Lafayette, LA

#19 Mar 17, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>You would be a lot more believable in the negative things you post about me if you would not post comments like that. It just shows you have an intense dislike for me, so you will make up things that aren't true because of your dislike for me. Posters aren't stupid. They see right through you.
But you never did answer th question that I asked awhile back? I was about you and your buddy in college.
Eating Out

Abbeville, LA

#20 Mar 17, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>I heard they are rebuilding at the same spot as you heard. I have no idea about their current lease, however. I will be one of the first to know because I am on the planning commission, and all new construction has to be approved by us before they start construction. We denied Mid South Bank on 167 because they wanted to put up a modular building, which is prohibited by city ordinance.
Isn't that right across from your house?? That type of construction getting popular right now. Maybe we should look at Fred for COUNCILMAN at LARGE !!!!!!
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#21 Mar 18, 2013
USL Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
But you never did answer th question that I asked awhile back? I was about you and your buddy in college.
I didn't have a buddy in college, and FYI I have engaged in the devious sexual relations with him or any man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abbeville youth program 1 hr Act 254
Flinstones Break Up. 22 hr Truth and consequ... 686
City Utilities (Mar '09) Jun 21 Bobby 22
what??? Jun 20 apdd 50
i love my VPSO Jun 20 Flag 15
Gremlins Jun 16 fantasy 2
counsel on aging Jun 14 be-ware 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages