Nathan Granger- Businessman 4 Childr...
Larry1964

Abbeville, LA

#305 Jan 26, 2011
Just Telling You wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not community property but you know she will share it with him.
Not everybody has got to have a prenuptial signed like some we know on here
You don't need a prenup. As long as the money isn't co mingled it is separate property.
Terry1942

Carencro, LA

#306 Jan 26, 2011
Larry1964 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't need a prenup. As long as the money isn't co mingled it is separate property.
You should know Mr. Many names
happycat

Abbeville, LA

#307 Jan 26, 2011
Ummm any of you chicks feel like co-mingling your money with mine, let me know.
Behonestlouisian a

Kaplan, LA

#308 Jan 28, 2011
See the other topic...We need to make an honest decision...not a who is my friends, friend decision! This is a set up question...Granger wouldn't have a record...Perry has a 70% plus rating with louisiana Business. I have a small business also and to go with business 100% is not good either. Go to LABI website and see for yourself. A PAC from LABI has donated money to both according to this website. If you are an intelligent person you can find all the info you need to make a good decision. Another factor you need to consider since you brought this up is Perry is a republican *Pro Business* and Granger is a democrat *Anti Business-pro Entitlements* so you make the choice...Obama, Obama Care or Perry Anti Obama.
Behonestlouisian a

Kaplan, LA

#309 Jan 30, 2011
This is strickly an attempt to promote Obama's "Green Agenda", Global Warming, Cap and Trade etc...Just tell Granger to run as a republican, if his values are in align with south louisiana voters. Quit making excuses! If your values are conservative run as a conservative. It is obvious America is wanting conservative representation not democratic rhetoric. The only reason one with conservative values would run as a democrat is to secure the african american vote...So this person is dishonest. Honestly ask yourself if there is any other reason and don't attack me as a messenger because if you have a valid reason post it.
pawpaw

Abbeville, LA

#310 Jan 30, 2011
Behonestlouisiana wrote:
This is strickly an attempt to promote Obama's "Green Agenda", Global Warming, Cap and Trade etc...Just tell Granger to run as a republican, if his values are in align with south louisiana voters. Quit making excuses! If your values are conservative run as a conservative. It is obvious America is wanting conservative representation not democratic rhetoric. The only reason one with conservative values would run as a democrat is to secure the african american vote...So this person is dishonest. Honestly ask yourself if there is any other reason and don't attack me as a messenger because if you have a valid reason post it.
it looks like i have to chase you from topic to topic to see what name you are posting under.
John Doe

Lenoir City, TN

#311 Feb 8, 2011
confused cajun wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know Nathan. What companies does he own? Who is the third person in the race? This voter is undecided currently. Perry is a good comedian but I know little about him except he won by a large margin when he ran against Francis P.
Nathan owns the Quality Companies - QCP & QPM - www.qualitycompanies.com . Two very successful oil companies
John Doe

Lenoir City, TN

#312 Feb 8, 2011
spiderwoman wrote:
And why would Granger want to help us poor people when he is already rich. Rich people don't care about helping the poor. I've experienced it and learned money talks and once you have it you don't care about anyone else but yourself.
I am a Perry voter. He by no means looks at what kind of money you have or how much. He has helped alot of people out there and know there is more to come that he is willing to do for us poor people out there trying to get by.
Nathan has made his money through nothing short of hard work and good decisions. He is ALWAYS helping out other individuals including his community and employees. As an employee of the Quality Companies, I have seen everything Nathan does for our communities. In October of last year, Nathan's companies were a large supporter of Acadiana NAMI - National Alliance on Mental Illnesses - this organization provides support to families and individuals in our community suffering with mental illnesses. He supports our local school systems through donations and charity. The Quality Companies are also supporters of the Susan G Komen walk.

Last year, Nathan opened the doors to Quality Sports Authority in Erath - www.qualitysports.org . Nathan is a very generous man!!!
Hidee

Abbeville, LA

#313 Feb 8, 2011
Heidi Fleiss also gave a thousand women a job. That does not make her qualified to be a senator.
R U Kidding

Abbeville, LA

#314 Feb 8, 2011
But is he senator material
Hidee

Abbeville, LA

#315 Feb 8, 2011
R U Kidding wrote:
But is he senator material
And so is Obama as President. yeh...... right..........lol..........2 useless hunks of hot aire and crap and empty promises.
verite absolue

Kaplan, LA

#316 Feb 9, 2011
Here are the Property Taxes voted on by the Vermilion Parish Police Jury as of June 2007:
Upon motion of Mr. Minos Broussard, duly seconded by Mr. Purvis Abshire, and unanimously carried, the Vermilion Parish Police Jury adopted the following resolution to levy millage rates for the year 2007 tax year for the taxing districts listed below:
RESOLUTION
2007-R-17
BE IT RESOLVED, that the following millage(s) are hereby levied on the 2007 tax roll on all property subject to taxation by the Vermilion Parish Police Jury:
MILLAGE
Parishwide General Alimony
(Except Abbeville & Kaplan)......... 3.84
Parishwide General Alimony
(Abbeville & Kaplan, Only)......... 1.92
Health Unit-Maintenance .......... 2.61
Parishwide Road-Maintenance .......... 3.26
Road District No. 1-Maintenance .......... 5.72
Road District Sub 1 of 2-Maintenance .......... 5.06
Road District Sub 2 of 2-Maintenance .......... 6.43
Road District Sub 3 of 2-Maintenacne .......... 4.98
Road District Sub 4 of 2-Maintenance .......... 8.38
Road District Sub 5 of 2-Maintenance .......... 5.85
Road District 3-Maintenance .......... 5.63
Road District 4-A-Maintenance .......... 6.93
Road District 6-Maintenance .......... 6.27
Road District 7-Maintenance .......... 6.68
Library-Bond .......... 2.20
Ward 8 Cemetery Maintenance .......... 1.00
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the proper administrative officials of the Parish of Vermilion, State of Louisiana, be and they are hereby empowered, authorized, and directed to spread said taxes, as hereinabove set forth, upon the assessment roll of said Parish for the year 2007, and to make the collection of the taxes imposed for an on behalf of the taxing privilege on all property subject to taxation as herein set forth, and collection thereof shall be enforceable in the manner provided by law.
This foregoing resolution was read in full, the roll was called on the adoption thereof, and the resolution was adopted by the following votes:
YEAS: Purvis Abshire, Minos Broussard, Ronald Darby, Carroll Duhon, Hubert Faulk, Luther "Buster" Hardee III, Ravis Menard, Mark Poche, T. J. Prejean, Jr., Edval J. Simon, Jr., and Wayne Touchet
NAYS: None
ABSTAINED: None
ABSENT: Maxwell Chreene, Gaulman Gaspard, and David Mayard
I hereby certify that the foregoing is a true and exact copy of the resolution adopted at a meeting held on June 04, 2007, at which meeting a quorum was present and voting.
This done in Abbeville, Louisiana, this 5th day of June, 2007.
verite absolue

Abbeville, LA

#318 Feb 10, 2011
Here are the Property Taxes voted on by the Vermilion Parish Police Jury as of August 2008:
RESOLUTION
2008-R-18
BE IT RESOLVED that the following millage(s) are hereby levied on the 2008 tax roll on all property subject to taxation by the Vermilion Parish Police Jury:
MILLAGE
Parishwide General Alimony (Except Abbeville & Kaplan)......... 3.93
Parishwide General Alimony (Abbeville & Kaplan Only)......... 1.96
Health Unit – Maintenance .......... 2.50
Parishwide Road – Maintenance .......... 3.30
Road District No. 1 – Maintenance .......... 6.53
Road District Sub 1 of 2 – Maintenance .......... 4.54
Road District Sub 2 of 2 – Maintenance .......... 6.32
Road District Sub 3 of 2 – Maintenance .......... 5.00
Road District Sub 4 of 2 – Maintenance .......... 8.61
Road District Sub 5 of 2 – Maintenance .......... 5.53
Road District 3 – Maintenance .......... 5.25
Road District 4A – Maintenance .......... 7.11
Road District 6 – Maintenance .......... 6.45
Road District 7 – Maintenance .......... 7.44
Library – Bond .......... 2.23
Ward 8 Cemetery Maintenance.......... 1.14
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the proper administrative officials of the Parish of Vermilion, State of Louisiana, be and they are hereby empowered, authorized, and directed to spread said taxes, as hereinabove set forth, upon the assessment roll of said Parish for the year 2008 and to make the collection of the taxes imposed for and on behalf of the taxing privilege on all property subject to taxation as herein set forth, and collection thereof shall be enforceable in the manner provided by law.
This foregoing resolution was read in full, the roll was called on the adoption thereof, and the resolution was adopted by the following votes:
YEAS: Mr. Chris Beraud, Mr. Nathan Granger, Mr. Ronald Darby, Mr. Wayne Touchet, Mr. Mark Poche`, Mr. Keith Meaux, Mr. Errol J. Domingues, Mr. Gerald Butaud, Mr. Ronald Menard, Mr. Pervis Gaspard, Mr. Cloris J. Boudreaux, Mr. T. J. Prejean, Jr., Mr. Leon Broussard
ABSENT: Mr. Dane Hebert
I, Chris P. Theriot, Administrator/Secretary-Treasu rer, do hereby certify that the above is a true and exact copy of a resolution adopted by the Vermilion Parish Police Jury at their meeting held on August 4, 2008, at which a quorum was present and acting.
Chris P. Theriot
Administrator/Secretary-Treasu rer
Vermilion Parish Police Jury
Please notice that Mr. Granger voted to increase your property taxes!!!! How is he going to vote against raising taxes or fees on a state level when he is voting to increase our taxes on a parish level?
I Beg Your Pardon

Abbeville, LA

#319 Feb 15, 2011
verite absolue wrote:
Here are the Property Taxes voted on by the Vermilion Parish Police Jury as of August 2008:
RESOLUTION
2008-R-18
BE IT RESOLVED that the following millage(s) are hereby levied on the 2008 tax roll on all property subject to taxation by the Vermilion Parish Police Jury:
MILLAGE
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the proper administrative officials of the Parish of Vermilion, State of Louisiana, be and they are hereby empowered, authorized, and directed to spread said taxes, as hereinabove set forth, upon the assessment roll of said Parish for the year 2008 and to make the collection of the taxes imposed for and on behalf of the taxing privilege on all property subject to taxation as herein set forth, and collection thereof shall be enforceable in the manner provided by law.
YEAS: Mr. Chris Beraud, Mr. Nathan Granger, Mr. Ronald Darby, Mr. Wayne Touchet, Mr. Mark Poche`, Mr. Keith Meaux, Mr. Errol J. Domingues, Mr. Gerald Butaud, Mr. Ronald Menard, Mr. Pervis Gaspard, Mr. Cloris J. Boudreaux, Mr. T. J. Prejean, Jr., Mr. Leon Broussard
I, Chris P. Theriot, Administrator/Secretary-Treasu rer, do hereby certify that the above is a true and exact copy of a resolution adopted by the Vermilion Parish Police Jury at their meeting held on August 4, 2008, at which a quorum was present and acting.
Chris P. Theriot
Please notice that Mr. Granger voted to increase your property taxes!!!! How is he going to vote against raising taxes or fees on a state level when he is voting to increase our taxes on a parish level?
you were never promised a rose garden.
R U Kidding

Abbeville, LA

#320 Feb 15, 2011
I Beg Your Pardon wrote:
<quoted text>you were never promised a rose garden.
Wow what a come back. I hope you are not grangers consultant.
verite absolue

Abbeville, LA

#321 Feb 16, 2011
Just a little food for thought:

http://www.thedeadpelican.com/2011/26b.htm
Mean Joe Green

Lafayette, LA

#322 Feb 16, 2011
Man, don't tell me that Granger is that stupid to have some of Barrock Obama's campaign people help him. Don't he know that the president has hurt the people of this parish. My 2 son's had to move to south america to keep their jobs, thanks to the president for shutting down the gulf. I am going to tell my family and friends that were going to vote for Granger about this. He looked like a good country boy, but don't tell me you are friends with Obama. Sas tout finie.
Local Firefighter

Abbeville, LA

#323 Feb 16, 2011
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
Nathan has made his money through nothing short of hard work and good decisions. He is ALWAYS helping out other individuals including his community and employees. As an employee of the Quality Companies, I have seen everything Nathan does for our communities. In October of last year, Nathan's companies were a large supporter of Acadiana NAMI - National Alliance on Mental Illnesses - this organization provides support to families and individuals in our community suffering with mental illnesses. He supports our local school systems through donations and charity. The Quality Companies are also supporters of the Susan G Komen walk.
Last year, Nathan opened the doors to Quality Sports Authority in Erath - www.qualitysports.org . Nathan is a very generous man!!!
$200 per hour to rent the facility makes the person renting the building very generous.
verite absolue

Kaplan, LA

#324 Feb 16, 2011
Now come to find out this guy is his campaign manager?!?!?!?

http://www.thedeadpelican.com/2011/26c.htm
Truth Hurts

Lafayette, LA

#325 Feb 17, 2011
Fact overall taxes decreased in 2008 add it up ... then again you probably cant add...
verite absolue wrote:
RESOLUTION
2008-R-18
MILLAGE
Chris P. Theriot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abbeville youth program (Jan '16) 43 min Rescue 280
Poll Next Abbeville Chief of Police (Oct '15) 10 hr huh 99
Cooyon secrets 11 hr Cindy 5
Donald Trump 13 hr I Hate Liberals 26
Jobs at vpso Tue Security 18
Poll Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Jul '09) Tue Jonathan 687
Poll Should Monster/Redbull have an age limit for ch... (Dec '11) Feb 15 Jnassardeen 43

Abbeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages