Who has the best crawfish in Abbeville?

Posted in the Abbeville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
looking for the best

Lafayette, LA

#1 Jan 22, 2010
I heard that place by the bridge is the best.......anyone tried some over there?
crawfish king

Lafayette, LA

#2 Jan 22, 2010
I don't go anywhere except Maxi-Mart!!!
RiverFront

Abbeville, LA

#3 Jan 22, 2010
looking for the best wrote:
I heard that place by the bridge is the best.......anyone tried some over there?
I had them tonight. The best crawfish at the best price and the nicest owners and workers.
Lions Roar

AOL

#4 Jan 22, 2010
Been talking to Dawn trying to convince her to post on 337post.com She says Roland Peltier has the best crawfish in Abbeville. Or, at least he did when he was the VPSO marine patrol officer with Deputy Kevin Fox. They'd pick up the best and most fresh crawfish in the Parish on thier way home from patrol. Those were the best boils in town, Dawn says. They had all the Rodi insiders there, about 15-20 would show up every time and Roland would make DL Menard sit on the back porch and sing in the cold air until his throat hurt.

Then Raymond Leonard and Nancy Temple promised DL they'd buy $20,000 worth of his rocking chairs and pay upfront. They became instant heros until they left town. Then they quickly backed out of thier promise.

That's what Dawn told me. She said those were the best crawfish boils, but only if all you were ther to eat crawfish. The rest of atmosphere left a bad taste in her mouth.
amazed

Crowley, LA

#5 Jan 22, 2010
RiverFront wrote:
<quoted text>I had them tonight. The best crawfish at the best price and the nicest owners and workers.
your vote dont count if you own the place maxie mart the best
MrsCuldesac

United States

#6 Jan 22, 2010
We went out to eat at Cajun Claws last night, very good, and the best company!Great atmosphere too. Now when I am not wanting to go out and eat, I will simply call Max and order there, the best, they are soooo fat! Yummy Yummy!
highway14

Lafayette, LA

#7 Jan 22, 2010
crawfish king wrote:
I don't go anywhere except Maxi-Mart!!!
I'd eat them from Maxi mart, if I thought I could trust them.
Too many times I paid for five pounds and felt like it was shy. So the next time I weighed it when I got home, and it was only
4 1/2 pounds. And don't any of you retards tell me it loses weight after cooking. If anything, it would gain weight from soaking in water.
highway14

Lafayette, LA

#8 Jan 22, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
We went out to eat at Cajun Claws last night, very good, and the best company!Great atmosphere too. Now when I am not wanting to go out and eat, I will simply call Max and order there, the best, they are soooo fat! Yummy Yummy!
They are so fat? I looked at them, they are bait sized. Besides, no one here in Vermilion parish really knows what great crawfish taste like. If you ever get hold of a sack of medium sized basin crawfish, they are much better then any pond crawfish on the planet. If you like the pond crawfish, then don't you dare eat some prime basin crawfish, because every crawfish you eat after that, will taste like second rate.
size matters

Lafayette, LA

#9 Jan 22, 2010
let me put your ass in 18 degree water and see if your ass shrivels up....Its winter dip shit the crawfish are small.
consumer

United States

#10 Jan 22, 2010
highway14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many times I paid for five pounds and felt like it was shy. So the next time I weighed it when I got home, and it was only
4 1/2 pounds. And don't any of you retards tell me it loses weight after cooking. If anything, it would gain weight from soaking in water.
I agree and I'll tell you something else to watch for. If you order the 10 lb special you will get a one bag with nice ones and the other bag will be smaller. He thinks he's fooling people but you can even taste the difference in the salt and seasoning in each bag. I have to agree that I like the flavor tho.
Crazy

Abbeville, LA

#11 Jan 22, 2010
Richards ... hands down.
amazed

Crowley, LA

#12 Jan 22, 2010
highway14 wrote:
<quoted text>
it didnt lose water your scale wasnt calibrated
Lions Roar

AOL

#13 Jan 22, 2010
Crazy wrote:
Richards ... hands down.
That's what Ray Leonard said after he got a free meal for doing such a good deed toward DL Menard.
amazed

Crowley, LA

#14 Jan 22, 2010
consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and I'll tell you something else to watch for. If you order the 10 lb special you will get a one bag with nice ones and the other bag will be smaller. He thinks he's fooling people but you can even taste the difference in the salt and seasoning in each bag. I have to agree that I like the flavor tho.
busy like they are u think they have time to hand pick crawfish just say u dont like nuttin about maxi
Lions Roar

AOL

#15 Jan 23, 2010
highway14 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are so fat? I looked at them, they are bait sized. Besides, no one here in Vermilion parish really knows what great crawfish taste like. If you ever get hold of a sack of medium sized basin crawfish, they are much better then any pond crawfish on the planet. If you like the pond crawfish, then don't you dare eat some prime basin crawfish, because every crawfish you eat after that, will taste like second rate.
Yep, you know your crawfish. Roland and Deputy Kevin Fox always brought basin crawfish to the Rodi boils. That's the only reason they were the best boils in town.
MrsCuldesac

United States

#16 Jan 23, 2010
consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
He always throws in extra's for us, and instead of 10 lbs. he gives us 12 lbs.! hehehe
MrsCuldesac

United States

#17 Jan 23, 2010
Lions Roar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you know your crawfish. Roland and Deputy Kevin Fox always brought basin crawfish to the Rodi boils. That's the only reason they were the best boils in town.
Why would they bring basin crawfish when their good friends owned crawfish ponds? Just wondering...hehe
MrsCuldesac

United States

#18 Jan 23, 2010
consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
I get crawfish there often andI never have any problems, really all the crawfish places in town are very good. People if you know anything about crawfishing, it all depends on the weather and stop bitching so much, at least we are lucky enough to even have good crawfish available to us after such a hard freeze! Be happy you have something to eat, look at Haiti. Be thankful, sometimes in the resturant business you will hit it and sometimes you will miss it, Know one is perfect every time, goodness!
backstrap

Abbeville, LA

#19 Jan 23, 2010
MrsCuldesac wrote:
<quoted text>
I get crawfish there often andI never have any problems, really all the crawfish places in town are very good. People if you know anything about crawfishing, it all depends on the weather and stop bitching so much, at least we are lucky enough to even have good crawfish available to us after such a hard freeze! Be happy you have something to eat, look at Haiti. Be thankful, sometimes in the resturant business you will hit it and sometimes you will miss it, Know one is perfect every time, goodness!
I have never eaten bad backstrap. And my good best friend is cooking some tomorrow. YUMMY!
MrsCuldesac

United States

#20 Jan 23, 2010
backstrap wrote:
<quoted text>I have never eaten bad backstrap. And my good best friend is cooking some tomorrow. YUMMY!
And we cannot wait to have you all over. Beautiful weather expected tomorrow too.Husband is getting it all ready! Go SAINTS!!!
My neighborhood is painted Black & GOld!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who will be Vermilion's next Sheriff? (Mar '10) 40 min Clean up 2,078
Feng Shui 50 min Sticky Rice 69
April Ho - How many times has she been busted (Jun '14) 1 hr Clued In 51
Poll Why are Indians so ugly and jealous of white pe... (Jul '13) 2 hr pretty boy 259
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) Aug 1 Jafferson 42
Poll Vermilion Sheriff Mike Couvilion To Face State ... Aug 1 Real truth 9
Barna Haynes Sentenced To 18 Months Jul 16 Ho Li Fux 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Abbeville Mortgages